HoT story problem :(

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Maacchan.8362

Maacchan.8362

So, I decided to start on the Heart of Thorns story quest.. I managed to complete both the prologue: Rally to Maguma and the first chapter: Torn from the sky, however for the 1st chapter I did this while in party with a friend, and was not the owner of the instance.. after we complete the story, I received an in game message stating that since I finished the prologue as well as this chapter I could proceed with the story and receive my awards, I accepted. When my friend left the instance though, I was transported back to the beginning for the instance of Rally to Maguma and could not proceed any further. I wasn’t allowed to go through the portal as there was a big no entry sign even though my quest tracker mentions that I need to “return to the jungle” to gain my mastery point for gliding.. now I’m kind of stuck and can’t do anything.. help please? I just wanted to get my glider

Attachments:

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Do you have access to a guild hall? If so, go there and try running out the front door.

It’ll work best if the guild hall is Lost Precipice. You’ll come out somewhere you need gliding to get away from, but it should also unlock the waypoint right by where you would normally enter Verdant Brink from the Silverwastes.

Failing that, can you set your active story back to the prologue, and try playing through again to see if it works second time round?

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

if you have a guild with the lost precipice guild hall, you can go through there to access Verdant Brink and get your mastery point/access to the map/complete the story mission.

or you can use a teleport to friend if you have one.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When Heart of Thorns released, it was announced one must complete the first episode(s) as instance-owner to receive credit.

You would probably fare best by restarting the story, and doing the instance as owner.

Good luck.

Maacchan.8362

if you have a guild with the lost precipice guild hall, you can go through there to access Verdant Brink and get your mastery point/access to the map/complete the story mission.

or you can use a teleport to friend if you have one.

I tried using the teleport to friend already but was told that I couldn’t teleport to a friend who is in a tutorial.. as for the guild hall, I don’t have access to one.. I could try repeating the story though

Maacchan.8362

Do you have access to a guild hall? If so, go there and try running out the front door.

It’ll work best if the guild hall is Lost Precipice. You’ll come out somewhere you need gliding to get away from, but it should also unlock the waypoint right by where you would normally enter Verdant Brink from the Silverwastes.

Failing that, can you set your active story back to the prologue, and try playing through again to see if it works second time round?

I’ll probably attempt restarting the quest.. hopefully I can. Thank you for the reply though!

Maacchan.8362

When Heart of Thorns released, it was announced one must complete the first episode(s) as instance-owner to receive credit.

You would probably fare best by restarting the story, and doing the instance as owner.

Good luck.

thank you! I’ll go give that a shot

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

That issue happened to me to just when HoT was released. I thought it had been fixed ages ago.

My first time in that instance was in a party and I wasn’t the instance owner, the exact same thing happened to me. I tried to WP directly to VB but that first WP was locked/hidden.

What worked for me was mapping out that instance (mainly out of Silverwastes) and then coming back and then walking all my way back to past the southwest Post (yellow?) until the portal to Verdant Brink.