Horrible texture

Horrible texture

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/431735gw088.jpg

Who made this?

Sorry to tell you but it’s just disgusting to walk on this… My graphics are set on max, the rest of the game is just awesomely beautiful and then… THIS. O_o

This horrible texture covers Brisban Wildlands. I took a screen of the most awful part (it’s big there) but the smaller version is really everywhere.

Horrible texture

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

It could be a bug. Did you file a bug report(with automatic screenshot) while you were there?

Horrible texture

Keiran.1896

I don’t think it’s a bug. It’s really everywhere in Brisban Wildlands and even the asura starting zone :S and I’ve always had this since beta, even if I’ve never complained before.

EDIT: Found a video about it. I’m not alone.

Horrible texture

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

Oh wow…who cares…

Horrible texture

Keiran.1896

Oh wow…who cares…

Who cares?! It makes it the least attractive zone of the game. It’s just horrible to walk there. People don’t even notice it but that’s why they love Queensdale and they hate the maguuma part…

It looks like they have taken flowers pictures from the web and used it as a ground texture.

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Horrible texture

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Oh wow…who cares…

I’d be embarrassed for my peers to see that work.

Horrible texture

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

This is totally game-breaking. Every time i log in, i can’t do anything but think about this texture. I want a refund! :>

Horrible texture

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

This texture has ruined my marriage and made me lose my job.

It has become the bane of my existence, the destroyer of worlds, the eater of souls, and literally the worst thing to have happened, ever.

Horrible texture

Keiran.1896

It has become the bane of my existence, the destroyer of worlds, the eater of souls, and literally the worst thing to have happened, ever.

Finally someone who understands me!

Horrible texture

Posted by: Avengersoul.8256

Avengersoul.8256

Couldn’t find the specific spot that you were at in the screenshot. This is the closest I found, doesn’t look that bad.

Edit Never mind, yuck (2nd screenshot)

Attachments:

Yak’s Bend

(edited by Avengersoul.8256)

Horrible texture

Posted by: dylanhamada.2761

dylanhamada.2761

Couldn’t find the specific spot that you were at in the screenshot. This is the closest I found, doesn’t look that bad.

That…. looks pretty fugly. Least they could’ve done was reskin using plain grass and sprinkle some 3D flower/shrubs.

Horrible texture

Posted by: Viledoom.7203

Viledoom.7203

As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew what texture you were groaning about. Yep it’s pretty fugly. I kinda look up in the trees when I go through there.

Horrible texture

Posted by: Maoric.6132

Maoric.6132

That second screen looks like it’s calling an incorrect texture and so it’s stretched to fit the area. Where on the map is that exactly? I have never seen that in the game and really want to see it for myself.

Horrible texture

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

God that is horribad. It has to be a glitch, even in GW1, with low system reqs, they never got things quite that bad even with the limitations.

Not even in the realm of Anet environmental standards.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Horrible texture

Posted by: Umbra Unu.4260

Umbra Unu.4260

It’s not really half bad. If you haven’t seen Aion, you haven’t seen horrible textures.

omniscient omnipotent omnipresent without judgement

Horrible texture

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

Ah thanks, now I know what bugged me the whole time in Brisban Wildlands. It is for some reason a area I don’t like to visit, even though usually love the Maguuma Jungle zones…
So yeah… Please fix that texture, it is horrible.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

Horrible texture

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Oh wow- I had to go look since I never noticed, but it is really pretty bad in places, I wonder what is up with that?

Gunnar’s Hold

Horrible texture

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Go look at the railing in the grove, and laugh. Truly circa 2012 graphics

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Horrible texture

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Looks like a very stretched texture to me, usually applied to edges and looks very bad.
Skyrim has a few of those too (look at wall connectors in Whiterun for instance), all games do.

But yeah it looks ugly nonetheless.

Horrible texture

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I’ve seen this area and I wondered this myself. It looks like mega-squashed flowers rendered onto a piece of cardboard.

It does look bad from many angles lol.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Horrible texture

Pustulio.8207

Oh wow…who cares…

Who cares?! It makes it the least attractive zone of the game. It’s just horrible to walk there. People don’t even notice it but that’s why they love Queensdale and they hate the maguuma part…

It looks like they have taken flowers pictures from the web and used it as a ground texture.

You care too much….they make pills for that i hear

Horrible texture

Pustulio.8207

Oh wow…who cares…

I’d be embarrassed for my peers to see that work.

Why?….

Horrible texture

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

You’re a snarky little one, aren’t you? The reason is clear: it looks like kitten. This isn’t the nice “artsy” style (the vast majority of) the rest of the game offers. It looks just like a placeholder texture you might see in a pre-alpha demo that’s intended to show off some other aspect, and it’s that or flat gray.

Perhaps you wouldn’t be bothered by your own shoddy work and not understand why, but others might. While it’s nothing compared to the various important play-screwing bugs that exist, it IS something that could be easily, and I mean EASILY, improved tenfold. No reason not to smack ANet’s relevant dev around a bit for being sloppy/lazy.

Horrible texture

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Brisband Wildlands; The zone with over-sized textures and where your downscaled character has more problem fighting a normal mob than what it has soloing a veteran in Orr. (At least in my experience, the scaling has been so off that I have rage quit Brisband so many times before completing the zone)

Horrible texture

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

I don’t think it’s a bug. It’s really everywhere in Brisban Wildlands and even the asura starting zone :S and I’ve always had this since beta, even if I’ve never complained before.

Just because it’s “everywhere” and has been there a long time doesn’t mean it’s not a bug. I’ve known of server and client bugs (not affiliated with ArenaNet in any way) that existed for years before being fixed. It’s about priority, resource availability, etc.

Seeing as how this thread was moved into the game bugs forum, me thinks this is a bug.

Horrible texture

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

It’s where jawmag sleeps ofcs it’ll look crushed

Always in all ways

Horrible texture

Posted by: Dhraiden.9215

Dhraiden.9215

Spam like this keeps actual bugs from being posted and noticed, thanks OP.

(Btw, I agree w/ you- it is pretty blotchy-looking and has no place in a game of this caliber – but there are more appropriate threads/forums to note that)

Horrible texture

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You’re a snarky little one, aren’t you? The reason is clear: it looks like kitten. This isn’t the nice “artsy” style (the vast majority of) the rest of the game offers. It looks just like a placeholder texture you might see in a pre-alpha demo that’s intended to show off some other aspect, and it’s that or flat gray.

Perhaps you wouldn’t be bothered by your own shoddy work and not understand why, but others might. While it’s nothing compared to the various important play-screwing bugs that exist, it IS something that could be easily, and I mean EASILY, improved tenfold. No reason not to smack ANet’s relevant dev around a bit for being sloppy/lazy.

So now your calling them sloppy and lazy for this ? Did you ever see any other textures in this game that look like this ? ( yes please go spend 5h looking for them to proof there is,please do ! ) No reason not to smack you for this.Theyve created a beautifull world,someone finds an ugly spot and suddenly anet is lazy and slobby.Maybe they have bigger things to work on then a piece of ugly ground texture that only people like you will get worked up about and blame anet for being lazy and slobby.

Horrible texture

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Whichever dev left this in rather than using an appropriate texture for the job is lazy/sloppy in this instance. I didn’t brand them so for anything else. Consider the context of the post.

Regardless of what you think, it’s an obvious issue—again in it’s context. People that make textures for various purposes spend a lot of time tweaking and adjusting various aspects so it looks awesome for its purpose. This isn’t a good example of that. So some people that notice it will point it out. Simple as that. If it doesn’t bother you, then perhaps you should just look the other way, both in the jungle and in this little corner of the forum.

If this thread is noticed at all, the issue will be sorted into an appropriate priority level and not affect anything else above it. Nothing gets hurt by pointing it out; and it’s possible it’ll get tweaked for the better at some point. And I’d hope, that if the art dev that gave this texture the greenlight gets wind of it, they’ll do a facepalm and say, “Oh ****! I missed updating that one! Put in on my to-do list!” rather than, “These little ****s whine about everything!”