How do I get my guild banner to stick around?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: eko.5213

eko.5213

Q:

This problem has been happening to me all Wintersday season long with the 10% Karma & Experience banners placed from the guild panel. As soon as I change maps or go to character select, the banner vanishes. I have had other guild members present who watched the banner vanish with my character. It is not a matter of getting a different map when I return, the Ip address(es) remained the same every time (64.25.38.241:0).

So, how do I get my guild banners to stick around so that other people can benefit from them?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s a long known issue. No idea if it is intended, or a bug that the cause has not been found yet.

Only thing you can do is stay in the map…for now.

Good luck.

Posted by: BrownOnion.4029

BrownOnion.4029

I noticed this since the beginning of Wintersday, but mainly because that’s when I started placing banners for the karma boost. Apparently its a known issue from like 6 months ago so don’t know if there is going to be a fix for it anytime soon. What I also noticed is that your banner will not disappear as long as you stay in the map, even past its intended spawn time. I was there for about 4-5 hours the other day to test it and the banner never disappeared.

Posted by: jugo.7014

jugo.7014

Anet, are you EVER going to fix the banner issues? So many wasted.