Huge Ruins Spider (Mount Maelstrom)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Shostie.6435

Shostie.6435

This mob has a ridiculous amount of HP now. It used to be that you could solo it in a minute or so (I’ve completed the event dozens of times). Now you’re lucky if you can even get the HP bar to drop one pixel in a minute. It’s seems like its HP was multiplied by 100 or 1000. It’s not a champion. I don’t think it’s even a veteran (I could be remembering wrong). It’s just a strong “normal” mob for a mundane, (formerly) soloable event that is now virtually unkillable. It might technically be killable, but it would take far longer than I believe is intended for this event.

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Smaller zergs of about 50 take over half an hour to burn it down. People are killing it only for the amusement at seeing zerky blobs still take forever to kill it. It really does need a fix. I’m guessing new scaling was introduced, and it just scales up too quick with only a few people.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I was the only one there and I saw number damage indicators but after beating on it for a few minutes and the health bar never budging, I left.

Posted by: Mantis.6102

Mantis.6102

Yeah, it’s not a scaling issue….trying to solo it and the hp bar does not move.

[HoD]Accomplished Killer

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

It took 5? of us a half hour to kill it last night just for giggles cause even though you get an event credit, it doesn’t drop any loot It’s scaled up like crazy in a couple stats though — health + defense like those Pavilion bosses.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

We’re looking into this, thanks! It clearly has much more health than intended.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Heh, I think its funny as heck, leave it as is!

Myself and about 15-20 other players were at it for 15 minutes today, even though someone said it only gave a trophy loot. All I got was 50c and 1 Prickly Spider Leg, but man, I earned that leg! It was great to see the determination even though we knew there was no real reward.

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

good to see this seems to have priority over the missing spring tournament rewards. gee thanks anet.

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

You know all the champs that got downgraded, guess where the hp the lost went

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

good to see this seems to have priority over the missing spring tournament rewards. gee thanks anet.

That’s because they are not missing.
Some people will get them sooner than others, but no one will be able to spend them until next tuesday.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

The spider starts with around 3 million health and scales up to about 20 million with a 30 man group or so. I think a dev accidentally (or troll intentionally) added an extra zero to spiders health pool.

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

That’s because they are not missing.
Some people will get them sooner than others, but no one will be able to spend them until next tuesday.

except you are wrong. it is bugged. Thats why i got the achievement in my tab with the wrong Ranking, and no Chest. If alot of people get it at the same time and another bunch of people still dont have it now, it clearly is broken.

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

It was fun to fight it just because, but that was 30 minutes for no loot. Still, the thrill of the kill!

JQ- [VG]

Posted by: Raenzjar.4210

Raenzjar.4210

“It clearly has much more health than intended”

Keep it, and buff it with rewards.

This is a very fun “mistake”.

Add a few random buffs, like 5% armor/ HP regen, x% gathering…maybe some magic find, upon ‘finally killing it’.

It’s a fun “kill” and with added buffs even more so.

Criterion canyon (often?) holds a Rich Platinum node, aside from the following dynamic event, where one has to “kill” this very cute spider. ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_giant_spider_disrupting_the_excavation )

An event with no further ties to any other event, afaik.

It’s a level 63 quest, meaning it can also be done by players leveling their very first char. If chars get’s some sweet buffs, after completion, it’ll make it even more fun. Wouldn’t you say?

Make it a fun and enjoyable, but not farmable kill.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

“It clearly has much more health than intended”

Keep it, and buff it with rewards.

This is a very fun “mistake”.

Add a few random buffs, like 5% armor/ HP regen, x% gathering…maybe some magic find, upon ‘finally killing it’.

It’s a fun “kill” and with added buffs even more so.

Criterion canyon (often?) holds a Rich Platinum node, aside from the following dynamic event, where one has to “kill” this very cute spider. ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_giant_spider_disrupting_the_excavation )

An event with no further ties to any other event, afaik.

It’s a level 63 quest, meaning it can also be done by players leveling their very first char. If chars get’s some sweet buffs, after completion, it’ll make it even more fun. Wouldn’t you say?

Make it a fun and enjoyable, but not farmable kill.

There are actually a couple of places/events that give you a short MF buff after completion already. They pretty much all useless though. Generally 5 or 10 minutes. Useless for similar reasons on why they had to change the killstreak booster.

Posted by: Phatt Dude.7538

Phatt Dude.7538

turned a bug report in today on it, then found this thread. 8 of us took over 20 minutes to kill it. glad to know the repair is already in progress, but as of right now, its still got huge health.

Posted by: Raenzjar.4210

Raenzjar.4210

There are actually a couple of places/events

There’s those places and events, and there’s this spot.

Considering there’s quite a lot of action going there, incl. the (rich) node(s) I mentioned, tweaking this spider and adding something like random (15-60 minutes) buffs upon killing, would make it even more fun.

Players are already killing it, even though it takes time. I know I do, when I ’m near and have time for it.

My point is about making something “bad” (small HP error) into something good, fun and rewarding. And for new players a mob to train on, while others can use gained buffs for other stuff. Be it gathering, or Golem or w/e one pleases to do.

I really think this could be turned for the better. But hey, what do I know..

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

was soloing it for 10 minutes today. than 2 more guys came along and we took another 15 minutes to beat it to 30%. And than it freakin healed up. WHERE’S MY SPIDER LEG?!?! I deserved it too