Huge performance hit since patch (FPS)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Couldn’t find a topic on this. Basically, my FPS is terrible since the patch. I didn’t notice it at first cause I was just running around cities, but when I went and tried to do Mel Pre in Cursed Shore, I was practically getting picture frames on the second beacon.

I thought it might have to do with lots of commander tags, so I followed someone’s squad and that didn’t help at all.

As far as I know, nothing has changed on my end.

Or words to that effect.

Labjax.2465

So I fiddled with my settings a little bit. The only one that appears to have had any noticeable impact is unchecking “High Res Character Textures.” It didn’t bring my FPS back to what is “normal” level for me, but it seems to have helped a little. Makes me wonder if there is an issue pertaining to character textures and GPU?

This is what my graphics settings look like at the moment, for what it’s worth. I’m running a dual-core 3.0 GHz processor and a GTX 560 graphics card. (And don’t be deceived by the FPS number in the screenshot – it dips terribly the moment I move.)

Attachments:

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Zephyrzkingdom.6895

Zephyrzkingdom.6895

I’m having a similar problem. At least I can somewhat function if I’m standing still, but now I can’t karka farm.

Labjax.2465

Bumping for relevancy. Still happening.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Belakor.1296

Belakor.1296

I have the same issue, before the patch I had no problems with frame rate. Post patch the frame rate has taken a very noticeable hit.

Posted by: ANGELofPAIN.4809

ANGELofPAIN.4809

i also notice no performance improvement, rather the opposite

more lags, more skill-lags, more micro stuttering, the same amount or slightly less fps

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

strange. after the patch, the game is smoother for me and my guildies.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Ognista T.2706

Ognista T.2706

I experience similar problem with lag after the patch. My skills and movement are frozen during bigger events. I hope it can be fixed soon.

Posted by: Rhizo.5089

Rhizo.5089

Entering into zerg situations in tier 1 WvW causes my fps to crawl and eventually crashes now. Reports sent in. I have never had such a problem such as this in a very long time.

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

It’s the same for me. The frame rates aren’t stable at all. One second I can hit 45 and the next right down to 12. And it keeps going like this throught the game, wherever I am and whatever I’m doing. I fiddled with the graphic options, turned down the music, there’s nothing that can fix this situation. Everything was going well until the last update.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

This latest update has been a large hit for me performance-wise. Normally, my framerate was almost always over 60 or 70 (I don’t really keep too close of an eye on it, it’s not typically an issue). With obvious drops for things like large world boss events, but even then it wasn’t too bad.

I’m seeing a lot of FPS stuttering as I run around, though. And earlier this afternoon I was doing one of the two new hearts in Plains of Ashford. Nothing particularly significant happening in the world that I could see, but my game sounds cut out. Then my framerate steadily dropped. When it was down to about 10 FPS, I decided to quit and restart the game. Only to find that I couldn’t exit, something was lagging. Checked the task manager, and GW2 was using 1.2 GB of RAM (and climbing).

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Same here. Before the patch I had steady FPS but now it drops from 60 to 40 every few seconds when walking around even when nothing is happening around.