'Human Female Idles' still missing..

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

As some of you may already know, the human females had several idle animations. You know, when your character stands around for a bit, he/she will reveal several animations. For example, an asura will cross its arms or scratch its hair; a male norn will relax his muscles; charr will look around and stretch its claws; female sylvari will move her body happily while glaring and so on.

Well, human females had more than just one idle. They would stretch their arms then rest their hands on their hips, looking and kick the dirt and so on. It gave more character, even though the stretching caused some clipping in the past. The thing is, back when Living World 2 was around, some people complained about how these animations broke the game’s immersion; even though Kas and Marjory have their own animations during that SCENE regarding Belinda…

So what if your character is kicking the dirt while that happens? I mean, the sylvari look naïve and happy, why not remove those too? What about the norn then? Flipping the hair or worry more about the muscles.. that’s wrong too. No one reacts like that to that sort of thing. And.. ‘breaking immersion’? We’re talking about a game where people can shoot tigers and unicorns out of their bows, wear the flashiest armors and make their characters look like Disco Stu.

The worst about this all of this is how the Staff handled this ‘issue’. It was claimed that this removal was a bug. That a fix would be seen soon. It didn’t happen’. Then it was said that it was a temporary thing.. then that it was against the immersion… and then that something would eventually be done about it. Then, nothing. We were all kept in the dark. No updates, nothing. The thread that discussed this issue was locked down to keep the people from discussing it. That is not fair.

Many people liked these animations and want it back. There’s so many ways it can be re-introduced. But why the mystery? Can’t they just spell it out for us? We deserve an answer.. I have been ‘fighting’ for this ever since I discovered it. For over a year now, and it’s just frustrating to know that nothing is being done regarding this matter. I even sent tickets and the people kittenponded had no clue what they could do. Money and time went spent on these animations. Many people are tired of seeing human females(and there are A LOT of them in-game) repeat the same animation over and over and over… now that is breaking the so called ‘immersion’. People can use tonics and minis in said cutscenes.. and does it matter now? All of the cutscenes that are now used are pre-rendered. We won’t be even seeing out characters in them anymore.

I know that Anet does listens to the fans. Added a ‘roleplay’ LFG, new emotes, polls, fixes… I mean, they even fixed that old sylvari glow glitch and brought back the old fireballs due to fans’ demand. And many people demanded these animations back.. why is it so hard to enable them again? It’s not like they have to be done again from scratch..

All that I’m asking, in the end, is an answer. This here was the most active thread in the forum about this issue, and the latest Staff post was a long, long time ago..

Tl;dr: Human females had several idle animations that were removed two years ago. It was stated as a bug and a fix was ‘promised’. No news since then.

(I want to apologize for possible grammar errors. English is not my native language.)

Here’s the old thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/

(edited by RandomWolf.3986)

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

That is not fair.

Life’s not fair, so don’t expect to ever see those idle animations back in the game.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief