Human Females' walking animation is bugged.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

Oh no… another issue related to the human females. What a surprise!

Anyways, since I joined the game I noticed something off on human females. Whenever they walk, they’re smiling. And it’s not subtle, it’s quite expressive. This is a thing that no other race does. Every single race and gender will walk naturally with their neutral facial expression; except for Human Females of course.

If ANet is so serious about their immersion to the point of removing animations, why haven’t they fixed this issue? I mean, we’re in the middle of a battlefield… or something sad happened and our character is smiling!

It’s really annoying to be honest.

Let’s also not forget the human males have some kind of missing frame when the jumping animation ends and the running one starts. I’m surprised not a lot of people notice this when it’s clearly noticeable.

Compare it for yourself down below:

Attachments:

(edited by RandomWolf.3986)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The female humans got tired of the male humans telling them to smile more, so they all bought very, very convincing masks with smiles.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

No such issue here. Maybe you need to repair your .dat file.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I think the OP might be on to something! (No, I am not joking.) My female human Necromancer does sport a visible smirk, too, as soon as she starts walking. My elementalist, however, does not.

Edit: Anet said they were going to remove facial expressions?!? What? When? Why?? I miss the movie dialogues (they were well done), and I miss my characters showing emotions via facial expressions. Please, don’t remove those!

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I just tested this and don’t experience it, unless it’s really subtle and I don’t see it because it’s hard to focus on her face when she’s walking (with ‘Use Free Camera’ on).

Maybe a screen shot?

Is it the crazy smile like riding a broom?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I think the OP might be on to something! (No, I am not joking.) My female human Necromancer does sport a visible smirk, too, as soon as she starts walking. My elementalist, however, does not.

Edit: Anet said they were going to remove facial expressions?!? What? When? Why?? I miss the movie dialogues (they were well done), and I miss my characters showing emotions via facial expressions. Please, don’t remove those!

My test was a Guardian at Camp Resolve. Tried my Necro because of your comment, the lighting was a bit different, I guess there is a very subtle change to her expression, but nothing like the OP was suggesting, which without a screen shot of what they are seeing, I can only speculate is the crazy smile that you see when you ride a broom (or at least, what it used to look like when you rode a broom, haven’t done it in quite awhile).

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

I don’t get how you people aren’t noticing the smirk? It’s quite obvious and noticeable! I tried it on all of my human females and got the same results. Compare it yourself here:
http://i.imgur.com/RdjO3Fw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DNveXlV.jpg

(edited by RandomWolf.3986)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I don’t get how you people aren’t noticing the smirk? It’s quite obvious and noticeable! I tried it on all of my human females and got the same results. Compare it yourself here:
http://i.imgur.com/RdjO3Fw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DNveXlV.jpg

I agree, but it’s more subtle than your OP makes it sound.

Maybe Anet thinks women always walk around smiling and flirting, just like they believe women enjoy heading out for adventure fancily (and often scantily) dressed and wearing high heels — makes sense (not).