I am wearing pansy red booties

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: whooo.1247

whooo.1247

Priory medium boots on asura. No matter how i dye it, its red.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cacti Eleven.9135

Cacti Eleven.9135

I noticed an NPC on a story quest I was just on with this problem as well. He was an asura, like you, and was wearing medium priory armor. I think his name was Fero. Pretty sure his shoes aren’t supposed to be bright red either.

Maybe it’s only asura that have this problem.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Have you tried using the dye remover on the boots, then closing the hero panel to save it? Afterwards, re-open the here panel and try to dye again.

I know this may not work, but it does help with dye issues, otherwise, I think you should file a ticket.

Posted by: whooo.1247

whooo.1247

Have you tried using the dye remover on the boots, then closing the hero panel to save it? Afterwards, re-open the here panel and try to dye again.

I know this may not work, but it does help with dye issues, otherwise, I think you should file a ticket.

Didnt work, but thanks anyway.
Already sent.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Posted by: Agrael.8512

Agrael.8512

Asura only have this problem

Attachments:

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

Glad to see this bug has already been reported. On the plus side, ArenaNet fixed the clipping issues with my Durham Priory coat!

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Hopefully this can be fixed as quickly as the Whispers medium coat was.

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

Asuras must suffer!

Baruch Bay.

Posted by: Amy.3524

Amy.3524

Adding to this. I have two asura characters with these boots, and both of them are stuck red.

Attached an image to show one of them.

Attachments:

Thelgar.7214

My ranger’s boots are still red after the patch. She isn’t pleased…

Attachments:

Thelgar.7214

Any word on this? An acknowledgement maybe? The natives are getting restless…

Attachments:

Thelgar.7214

Every patch released without a fix for this makes an Asura cry…

Attachments:

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi MisterEction.

I understand your concern, but bumping this thread doesn’t help it and will only delay things. You bumping it means the devs have to open and read this thread, recognise this is allready a known issue and that no new people are complaining. So no change to the bug and to the impact. So your using their time while they should be working on fixing this and other things.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Hi MisterEction.

I understand your concern, but bumping this thread doesn’t help it and will only delay things. You bumping it means the devs have to open and read this thread, recognise this is allready a known issue and that no new people are complaining. So no change to the bug and to the impact. So your using their time while they should be working on fixing this and other things.

No offense, but when there has been no official acknowledgement of the issue, at the very least, bumping threads like this makes the player feel like they are actively reminding ANet that a fix is needed, and can also provide some alleviation of the frustration that bugs like this continue unresolved.

Please excuse us for ‘using their time.’

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I thought the peeps reading the forums were not the same peeps actively working on bugs. They just direct these to those who can. The only exception to this is when te devs themselves pop on to post specifically.

This may seem like a silly bug to some, but from an rp perspective, this really can affect submersion and playing in character. Some are so distracted by bugs lie this they don’t want to play that char until it’s fixed… And if it is their main char, it could really bother them.

Unfortunately, Jon Peters recently stated that they may not be actively responding on the forums to things (random bug posts that aren’t directly game breaking) like this.

Mister, have you considered filing a ticket? At least you might get peace of mind if they have an opportunity to respond to you directly. (not that they aren’t also probably very busy, but all tickets are read at the very least)

(edited by Kyllaa.1385)

Thelgar.7214

Hi MisterEction.

I’m sorry, but this sounds completely wrong. If reminding them every week or so, in the Game Bugs forum, that a Game Bug hasn’t been addressed or even acknowledged is somehow delaying things, something is tragically wrong with their process.

Thelgar.7214

Just to note that this issue still exists. Is there some reason addressing this is exceptionally difficult? A similar issue was resolved here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Order-of-Whispers-armor-color/first

It would seem like having dealt with a similar issues this would be quick and simple to address…

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

Yeah, I had those Whispers boots that had the similar bug. Two times a patch made the dagger on the boots bright red, but it was later fixed. So rest assured Asuras that at least Anet knows what is causing the issue and how to fix it.

The problem on my boots was related to the fact that before patch the dagger attached on the boots could be colored separately with dyes, but this dye slot was removed and dagger turned bright red. Instead of 3 dye slots the boots had 2. My guess is therefore that the bright red color it the default color for item texture that has no dye on it. Are the asuran boots now missing one dye slot by any chance?