I can't change map

I can't change map

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

I just log in the game, i can get in where i last logged off from, but if i want to change map to another zone PvE or WvW i can’t get in, i’m stuck at the loading screen for a prolong time.

I can't change map

Posted by: Thrones.8643

Thrones.8643

Same here for last couple hours

I can't change map

Rannulf.9417

Same here for last couple hours

Good to know i’m not the only on, i thought i got hacked or something xD.

I can't change map

Thrones.8643

Also my sons computer

I can't change map

Posted by: Red Krishna.1489

Red Krishna.1489

I’m having similar problem – can’t change maps, can’t get into dungeons, story instances, home instance and get stuck at the loading screens. Sometimes says waypt is contested and redirects me. Mosly I just hang at the map loading screen

I can't change map

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Just wanted to confirm this. Was able to log into my characters where they started, but when they tried to map I was thrown into an infinite loading screen.

I can't change map

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Which map are you able to load into? And which server are you on? Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

I can't change map

Posted by: Aranel.2837

Aranel.2837

Jason: for me its Piken Square server, and it’s any map anywhere. If I can log in (and I’ve had problems there too) i’ll click on the character, click play and nothing will happen, or i’ll be taken to an infinite loading screen.

Currently I cannot get past the login client. It’s an endless cycle.

(edited by Aranel.2837)

I can't change map

Rannulf.9417

Hi Jason, i’m on vabbi, if i’m in LA or DR i can get into the game fine, but i can’t get into WvW or change any map otherwise i’m stuck at loading screen.

I can't change map

Posted by: asimo.6354

asimo.6354

I’m on Gandarra and I just recently tried to load my character-several times-who’s in Lion Arch, and been stuck on a loading screen for several minutes (far longer than usual). Basically I can’t play the game which is lovely.

I can't change map

asimo.6354

Well now I’m getting all sorts of connection bugs, and can’t even log in. Though when it does work I still can’t load, or the load screen times out and gives me a connection error.

I can't change map

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Hm. I tried switching servers and trying those maps, but I’m not seeing the same problem.
When you get stuck on this loading screen, does the client go unresponsive (you need to close it via Task Manager)? There was an issue with loading screens a while back, and I’m wondering if it’s the same thing.

Well now I’m getting all sorts of connection bugs, and can’t even log in. Though when it does work I still can’t load, or the load screen times out and gives me a connection error.

What is the exact error code you’re getting? It may help us determine whether this is a server or client error.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

I can't change map

Rannulf.9417

The client works ok i can just alt-tab and close it.

I can't change map

Thrones.8643

It is on all 5 of my characters located throughout the game. Happen on Desolation at the same time for both me and my son. I even tried a complete re-install. Cant even get beyond character selection anymore. No luck.

I can't change map

Posted by: Wild.8641

Wild.8641

I am in Gandarra, and this has been happening for over 5 hours. I can’t load to Kessex with two my characters, and when I get an error message, 26:11:5:506, it says retry. At least I feel a bit better others are having this problem. My sister uses this computer as well, but she is on an American server and has no problem at all.

I can't change map

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

It sounds like this is a different problem from the one that was occurring previously and is (somehow) related to being on an EU server.

To help our programmers, I’d recommend creating a shortcut to the game and then running it with the -diag argument in the target line and posting the resulting text here as an attachment. You can see an example of how to do this in the attached image. I’ll pass these along for further investigation.

Thanks, everyone!

Attachments:

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

I can't change map

Aranel.2837

Hi Jason, since I ran -diag earlier this afternoon, here’s mine. Since running it though I’ve been pretty much locked out of GW2 (GW1 is running fine and my internet is also fine).

I’m seeing dropped packets, and an authentication server down. Incidently I’ve reset my router. Typically after doing so, it would of requested that I reauthenticate to log in.. well that’s not happening now.

Hope you guys can sort this out.

Attachments:

I can't change map

asimo.6354

Ok I don’t know what happened but everything seems to be working now. I don’t know what you guys did but thanks anyway :p

I can't change map

Rannulf.9417

Here’s mine

10/char.

Attachments:

I can't change map

asimo.6354

Actually I retract my previous post. Now Straits of Devastion won’t load. I used the Temple of Balthazar WP (since it’s uncontested for once) and it refused to load. I alt-f4’d tried again (game said I was already in Straits). Now I can hear the ambient noise of the zone but still not loading. So much for getting Obsidian Shards…

What’s odd is the game was working fine before I tried going to Orr. Things loaded fine, I switched zones but Orr won’t work and what’s even more frustrating is it’s when Balth is open for once, I even bought a Karma booster so I could get rid of all that liquid Karma.

(edited by asimo.6354)

I can't change map

Posted by: Nashiem.8932

Nashiem.8932

Im having the same issue in various locations on the eru server seaferers rest. error code 7:11:3:189:101

I can't change map

Posted by: Nashiem.8932

Nashiem.8932

now Im getting error code 3032:1002:3:4348

I can't change map

Posted by: Dodester.6342

Dodester.6342

Same problem here i cannot log on to my necromancer who is in fireheart rise or my thief who is in iron march but i can log on my warrior, guardian ( they are in heart of the mist) and my mesmer who is in lions arch.

I can't change map

Posted by: DeadPhone.3084

DeadPhone.3084

it sounds like a repair maybe needed. I had a similar problem but corrected it with a -repair.

I can't change map

asimo.6354

I get timed out from the loading screen and receive a 7:11:3:189:101 connection error. What do you mean by repair, DeadPhone? Is this something we can do on our end?

I can't change map

Aranel.2837

asimo: he’s meaning to run -repair in the .exe… unfortunately I tried this today several times and it has not corrected the problem. our best bet right now is to run -diag as Jason has advised and let them poke around at the logs.

I just managed to successfully get in, around 10pm (obviously this would be an off peak time). It’s still very sluggish and the loading screen is taking far too long to appear. Nevertheless it’s an improvement from being locked out for an entire day.. hope you guys figure out the problem.

(edited by Aranel.2837)

I can't change map

asimo.6354

Well I just got into Straits of Devastation (Temple of Balth is contested again yay!), but I wouldn’t be surprised to encounter the issue again. A few hours ago I was able to play normally but the error came back, hopefully it’s gone for good.

I can't change map

asimo.6354

asimo: he’s meaning to run -repair in the .exe… unfortunately I tried this today several times and it has not corrected the problem. our best bet right now is to run -diag as Jason has advised and let them poke around at the logs.

Ah ok thanks for the info. I’ll try these things if I encounter the problem again. Hopefully I won’t…

I can't change map

Posted by: dickspitz.7280

dickspitz.7280

I tried this and it works:
1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.
2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”
4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
5. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end (make sure to use a space after quotes)
Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes
Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”
6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.
If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.
7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.

I can't change map

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

If you’re still experiencing this problem, our programmers have requested some more specific information to help focus in on the root of the problem:

1. Which server you’re on
  2. Which map you can load into
  3. Which map you can’t transfer to from there

Thank you!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

I can't change map

Posted by: Danjohnson.4237

Danjohnson.4237

Not me personally but a friend is having this exact issue,

1. Fissure Of Woe (EU)
2. No maps load, has different toons in places, LA, Queensdale, Celedon
3. Can’t even transfer it just hangs on the first screen, did manage to make a new alt however it hung on the screen after the initial instance.

I can't change map

Aranel.2837

well it happened again today. around 4:20pm or so, I was booted out of the Fractal that I had been doing with my party for quite a long while, right at the end of a boss. tried reconnecting, and was locked out. when it finally reconnected it got stuck on the LA loading screen, and then punted me out again to a black, and then white screen. managed to get in once more and it had returned me to LA out of the Fractal and making all that work go to waste. tried other characters, again stuck in cycle mode.

Piken Square EU
any map, doesn’t matter where, toons are all over.
it just hangs and does nothing.

I can't change map

Posted by: Knight of the Fandadiliza.3579

Knight of the Fandadiliza.3579

When I log in my game works until i disconnect a lot of times. I thought it wasn’t a big problem but my game freezes on screen and kicks me out of the game. I try to fix my own computer but i have perfect connection. To be more specific somtimes I log in but I get the main screen just has an infinite loading or I’m playing and then I can’t do an any attacks I can’t talk to anyone and so I basically can’t do anything but walk.
And by the way my server is Ferguson’s crossing
Please please please help me I need help and want to play very badly.