I can't use my mastery points!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RTSNinja.8037

RTSNinja.8037

My character has been at level 80 for some time now, and I accumulated 3,175,000/3,175,000 points. I have three available mastery points.

I’m trying to use two of the points, but I can’t select them.

I trying to use the two mastery points on the Pact Commander “Nobless Obilge” skill. The progress bar is filled, but I cannot use two of the three points that I earned. So what is the issue?

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You need 5 Mastery Points before you can unlock that feature. (The while highlighted stars (Mastery Point unlocks) show where the 3 you possess would go.)

Good luck.

Posted by: RTSNinja.8037

RTSNinja.8037

This is vary confusing.

And why does mastery bar at the bottom of the screen stay maxed out at 3,175,000 Xp points?

It’s seems like I’m not gaining anymore experience points no matter what I do in the game.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This is vary confusing.

And why does mastery bar at the bottom of the screen stay maxed out at 3,175,000 Xp points?

It’s seems like I’m not gaining anymore experience points no matter what I do in the game.

You still get xp, but they have no place to be stored until you unlock the next tier.

You can start a tier in a different mastery, let the XP accumulate, and then swap back to the one you’re in right now. That allows you to progress as fast as you can accumulate Mastery Points.

I did it both ways: worrying about each mastery point and micro-managing the XP and then not worrying about it. I found the second more enjoyable; rushing to grind to rush to grind was dull for me. Your mileage might vary.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: altermaven.7385

altermaven.7385

The game is telling you that you need two MORE Central Tyria mastery points so you can unlock that mastery skill with 5. Mastery lines stay locked until you meet the total mastery point and experience criteria required to unlock them.

This is not a bug.

“To be rid of chaos, all must restore the balance.”
Part of the [PORT] mystical tour – “Marilee Mangletooth.” What main?
Something something Autechre fanatic.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

The 3 highlighted (white) points in there means how much you have for the required amount, it reads like “you have 3 of 5 required points”.