I have 2 helms stuck on my Ele

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I’ll be the first to say I have never had this problem before, but one of my characters has a glitch the normal support team could not fix and said probably go to bug reports.

The starter ele helm skin (the fire dot on the forehead) is permanently stuck to my ele despite me wearing a completely different helmet piece. If that isn’t weird enough, if I go into first person with him, the helm skin will bounce around like the mickey mouse head on a sing along VHS, its strange.

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve seen a few threads on this issue over the years. Perhaps, it is comforting to know you are not alone? Or…your ele gets extra jewelry? =)

Good luck.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

this happened when equipping the embroidered armor headpiece (I’m pretty sure this doesn’t matter) on my new ele yesterday, the water headpiece still showed over it, but it doesn’t appear there anymore. the only things I can remember doing is hiding (while I ran across the Grove to the cultural armor vendor)/unhiding the headpiece, then changed the skin.

it might do nothing for you, but thought I’d post.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

DrDivine.5378

this happened when equipping the embroidered armor headpiece (I’m pretty sure this doesn’t matter) on my new ele yesterday, the water headpiece still showed over it, but it doesn’t appear there anymore. the only things I can remember doing is hiding (while I ran across the Grove to the cultural armor vendor)/unhiding the headpiece, then changed the skin.

it might do nothing for you, but thought I’d post.

I’ll have to try this and see if it works, I’ve never had this problem and do wanna fix it but it’s pretty funny xD

UPDATE: Unfortunately it did not work, this glitch is very persistent, I’ve had it nearly 4 months now lol

(edited by DrDivine.5378)

DrDivine.5378

Issue still hasn’t been fixed yet, anyone here have experience with this problem?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I do not see it mentioned yet, and I expect support to have requested you perform it, but have you tried running a -repair on your game client yet to see if it finds and corrects an error in a game file?

Another thing to try would be to enter into water and go beneath the surface. Then hide your aquatic helm. Maybe try removing your land helm completely first and then re-showing aquatic helm either while still under water or on land, and then re-equipping your land helm. Just trying to think of a way to trick it into resetting the head appearance on land if a repair didn’t help.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

DrDivine.5378

I do not see it mentioned yet, and I expect support to have requested you perform it, but have you tried running a -repair on your game client yet to see if it finds and corrects an error in a game file?

Another thing to try would be to enter into water and go beneath the surface. Then hide your aquatic helm. Maybe try removing your land helm completely first and then re-showing aquatic helm either while still under water or on land, and then re-equipping your land helm. Just trying to think of a way to trick it into resetting the head appearance on land if a repair didn’t help.

I appreciate the suggestions, unfortunately neither of these worked and the helm skin is still stuck on my character and bouncing around as he walks.

I really don’t want to delete this character, but I’m trying to find out how to fix this.

StinVec.3621

Do you have any outfits unlocked on your account? If so, does toggling one of those on (with and without the head portion of the outfit displayed) cause the fire jewel to disappear?

If it does cause the jewel to disappear, does removing the outfit and once again displaying your armor bring it back again?

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I have the same issue on one of my characters. If the headpiece is not hidden when I load on a map, the Flame Eye will be displayed in addition to my actual headpiece and it will stay there even if I hide the headpiece. If the headpiece is hidden when I load on a map, no headpiece is shown — neither my actual one nor the Flame Eye.

StinVec.3621

Hmm. One thing I can come up with to try would be to:

• Hide your helm
  • Load into another map so the Flame Eye is gone
  • Transmute the helm to have another skin
  • Show the helm
  • Load into another map to see if the Flame Eye returns

It may not be an acceptable thing to try due to using a T-charge or two to get it back to looking how you want it to, but I think it is worth a shot if it saves from resorting to deleting the character. Could instead use a duplicate item and then perform the test and only use one charge to make it match the appearance of your existing helm.

It may not work. Again, I’m just trying to think of a way to reset and unglitch the character’s helm slot.

Also thinking if utilizing a die>respawn, die>logout>login, die>hide helm>respawn>show helm sequence could have an effect on the appearance of the character, as well as if the active attunement could play a part in the above-outlined unglitch attempt sequence.

DrDivine.5378

Hmm. One thing I can come up with to try would be to:

• Hide your helm
  • Load into another map so the Flame Eye is gone
  • Transmute the helm to have another skin
  • Show the helm
  • Load into another map to see if the Flame Eye returns

It may not be an acceptable thing to try due to using a T-charge or two to get it back to looking how you want it to, but I think it is worth a shot if it saves from resorting to deleting the character. Could instead use a duplicate item and then perform the test and only use one charge to make it match the appearance of your existing helm.

It may not work. Again, I’m just trying to think of a way to reset and unglitch the character’s helm slot.

Also thinking if utilizing a die>respawn, die>logout>login, die>hide helm>respawn>show helm sequence could have an effect on the appearance of the character, as well as if the active attunement could play a part in the above-outlined unglitch attempt sequence.

I tried it, unfortunately it won’t even go invisible, it’s like it’s part of the character. It’s been 3 weeks so I don’t think bug support is going to reply to the issue I submitted in game. Is there any alternative?

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Fascinating. If the repair didn’t work, I guess its not on your end but the servers.. Can other players see it?