I'm stuck in a wall

I'm stuck in a wall

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tazzuki.2648

Tazzuki.2648

Hello! I was in the middle of combat on my Mesma and I appeared to have teleported into a wall. this is not the first time it has happened though, Its happened a few times but this time.. I seem to be stuck in combat and I cant have access to using the Waypoints so my character is completely stuck.

there is a few other glitches too, like when you use the skill ‘Blink’ on Mesma you seem to become a statue and look like your sliding on the ground like there’s no friction. I found it amusing at first but this glitch has lasted since BETA and it make you look a little silly :P mainly noticed it in WvW.

Also in WvW the skill that turns you invisible ‘Veil’ on Mesma does it but I’m not sure if it still does it. Might need looking into.

please fix this bug so that i can play my character, it wont even let me go into the mists because I’m stuck in combat :/

My location is Brisban Wildlands, Vandal’s Claim.
I appear to be dying so ill probably be able to teleport out soon maybe. lets hope!

(edited by Tazzuki.2648)

I'm stuck in a wall

Posted by: Tazzuki.2648

Tazzuki.2648

Good news, I was able to teleport out after a while, lets hope this bug doesn’t happen again. Still might need looking into

I'm stuck in a wall

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

If you stuck in some place in combat mode, just relog and use some WP to teleport out. Always worm for me.

I'm stuck in a wall

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

teleporting skills don’t mesh well with invisible walls, do they? :P

on the serious side, several skills pertaining to teleportation have had to be whacked hard with the nerf hammers since launch because of people using them to get places they were not supposed to be…funny examples:
at one point in beta I’m pretty sure the thief’s shortbow skill #5 could get you anywhere you could put an arrow, and even as recently as last month I’ve spotted enemy thieves running through the portal entry areas of WvW maps because of the same skill. I myself have managed to teleport into strange places because the portal opened on the other side of what must have been a wall with a hole in it lol :P
Other places include using portals and teles to get around large portions of dungeons, I heard stories about arah and being able skip something like half the dungeon to get the completion in explorer modes.
Also Edge of the World areas… the bane of dev’s working with instances, basically places where the instance ends and there is nothing beyond where you stand but empty horizon and no more land… not a glitch as such, but still the kind of thing dev’s don’t want you to see ;P
And my personal fav: Falling through the ground, out of the world. This happened to my mesmer once iirc, in wayfarer foothills… I cought something the wrong way (or just right) and ended up falling beneath the ground (a good 10-20 seconds of freefall iirc) into an endless (Except for end of the world invisible walls) ocean, was actually quite cool and i swam around in there for a while before getting bored and relogging :P

I'm stuck in a wall

Posted by: BelleroPhone.4238

BelleroPhone.4238

Just in case someone doesn’t know this:
There is a /stuck command for that

I'm stuck in a wall

Posted by: Caittus.7436

Caittus.7436

/stuck doesn’t do anything in these situations. I’ve been thrown through countless walls with Phase Retreat and I’ve never once been able to get out using /stuck. Blink works occasionally, but not frequently enough to be more than a vain gesture.

I'm stuck in a wall

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

While we are aware of some of the more global issues mentioned in this thread (and working on fixes for them), if you have any specific locations where you’re seeing things like invisible walls, giant pits you get stuck in, etc., please post in our Environment Art sticky thread.

Thanks for the reports, everyone!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed