I think SAB literally broke my game.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

I’ve been trying to repair it, but after 25% or so the client stops responding. I’ve completely reinstalled it, and I’m on the 64bit client. The game keeps wanting to repair itself. I think it may be due to me dying hundreds of times over and over again in tribulation mode. I also have the infinite coin. I noticed after spending literally hours in SAB I noticed the graphics really started to go. Like the little fish balloon thing was blue and green checkered rather than orange.

Lord Erik.6903

Now it won’t even repair.

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the Tech CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance.

Good luck.

Lord Erik.6903

I managed to get it to 50% this time. I went into the .exe and put " -repair" the 64 bit client seemed to be refreshing itself, but it stopped responding. I’ll keep trying, and keep updating my results here.

Lord Erik.6903

Ok this is really weird. Got tired of trying to repair so I figured I’d uninstall, and Guild Wars 2 wasn’t in my program uninstall list. I’m trying to reinstall the 32 bit this time.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It shouldn’t take that long to repair. If it keeps up this way, while you are waiting for Customer Service to respond to your ticket, try this:

• Rename the DAT file in your GW2 installation folder to gw2.DAT.old
  • Start the client — the entire DAT file will download.

If that seems to go faster, then keep going with that strategy and just let it run. If it doesn’t seem any better, stop and delete the new (and smaller) gw2.dat file. Then un-rename the gw2.dat.old file back to gw2.dat and at least you’re no worse off.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: poebel.4780

poebel.4780

A “disk-I/O error” might as well indicate that your harddrive / ssd is dying.

Try checking it with chkdsk an see if that helps or shows you any errors with the harddrive / ssd:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

A “disk-I/O error” might as well indicate that your harddrive / ssd is dying.

Try checking it with chkdsk an see if that helps or shows you any errors with the harddrive / ssd:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

I heartily second this.

Also, I recommend taking the opportunity to backup your data (or confirm your backups are recent).