I would like my Laurel and Badges back please

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Alteony.3168

Alteony.3168

I can’t express how frustrated I am about this, and I can’t believe there would be no warning message about this.

I purchased 2 of the same Ascended rings last night only to find out I can’t equip both of them. This story sound familiar?

After speaking to countless other people, many have made the same mistake as well. This frustrates me so much. I’m trying really hard not to use every swear word possible to express myself better.

Laurels take a long time to obtain, and if I knew this, I wouldn’t have bought something that’s gonna be sitting in my storage. PLEASE return my laurel and badges to me, or let me pick another item. I don’t have all the time in the world to invest in this game, so please don’t take away something from me that took a long time to earn. Thank you.

Also, add a warning message so countless other people don’t end up getting screwed over as well.

Posted by: Venthus.6137

Venthus.6137

I don’t think it’s explicitly stated anywhere in-game, but the ‘Unique’ tag on items means only one can be equipped at a given time.

Alteony.3168

When have I ever encountered a unique item (with such a rule) in the game other than that time; never. More importantly, how was I suppose to know such a rule exists.

Alteony.3168

bump

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Just by the way: DON’T buy rings with laurels. Just get the necklace. The rings are far cheaper at FotM (Fractale of the Mists).

greez

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

youre not the first and wont be the last. You SAW the ‘unique’ keyword, and YOU chose not to figure out what it meant. Yet as you say you haven’t seen the unique tag before. If you buy a car that explicitly had a ‘no engine’ tag, would you go complain that because you didnt know what an engine is you couldnt possibly know the car wouldnt run. A warning would be nice, but ultimately it is your own fault. You saw the word. You ignored it.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

1. It’s not a bug.
2. Spamming the forums will not get you reimbursed. Try to contact customer support.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Please contact support. They might be able to help you. Explain what happened and they maybe refund you with another ring. It already happened to so many other people that I cannot understand why they have not yet made improvements to prevent this from further happening.

You also might want to read a few other threads about it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/No-warning-about-ascended-rings/page/4#post1834804
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Can-not-use-the-same-Ascended-item-twice/first#post1889375

Alteony.3168

Yea, who am I kidding. They will never address this issue or reimburse me. Thanks for all the replies though.

PS. It’s funny to see that one quintessential smart-kitten pretend to know what happened while ignoring the glaring problem at hand.

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

What do you think the problem at hand is? That you bought 2 of the same Ascended Rings on the same night without understanding what Unique meant? Or that buying a Unique item doesn’t give you a warning? It should be noted that not all Soulbound on Use and Account Bound items don’t have warnings when they’re bought either. Only ‘expensive’ items do.

If the latter is the problem then you should consider starting a thread over at the Suggestions subforum and propose that GW2 should give a warning when buying uniques and not just expensive items.

Item descriptions are there to be read. AFAIK there has been no reported bug where a unique item doesn’t have “Unique” in its description. Players could easily type /wiki unique in-game would direct you to http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unique.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Just upgrade one of the two rings to give inherent Agony Resistance in the Mystic Forge. This changes its name from “Ring X” to “Ring X (Infused)”. Since these are two different names, the “unique” tag does not prevent you from wearing both.

(This upgrading is expensive, though.)

Navi.7142

Yea, who am I kidding. They will never address this issue or reimburse me. Thanks for all the replies though.

PS. It’s funny to see that one quintessential smart-kitten pretend to know what happened while ignoring the glaring problem at hand.

Give it a try. They already have reimbursed other players that made the same mistake.

Although they always tell us they cannot refund us, this is one of the rare cases where they can and already did for a lot of other players.

Good luck!

:-)

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

I can’t express how frustrated I am about this, and I can’t believe there would be no warning message about this.

I purchased 2 of the same Ascended rings last night only to find out I can’t equip both of them. This story sound familiar?

Same sh i have done)

No warning about that anywhere…that’s bad..I had to sell my ascended ring to an traider for 3s….When i asked people they said like:“U didn’t know that?”

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Navi.7142

Hey, how have you been? Did they refund you?

It is good to know if they did, so we all know what’s their current point of view of reimbursing this kind of stuff.

Alteony.3168

Hi Navi. They didn’t refund me the laurel or badges, however they did replace the ring with another ring of equal value. Which solves my problem entirely. Thank you for originally suggesting to contact them, it was greatly helpful unlike some of the other posts in this thread. Good luck and cheers all the good people, especially Navi ;P

Navi.7142

Great to hear!

Maybe one day they will improve the ingame description or solve the issue in another way. ^^

Cheers!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Customer support does sometimes help!!

I suggest spreading this information about unique rings around to anyone who will listen. I always do that in game and you would be suprised how many still do not understand what ‘unique’ means.

ANet really should have done a better job getting the point of ‘unique’ across before the ascended level where it is quite costly. My understanding is, if you come from other MMOs you will most likely understand the concept of an unique item. If you haven’t, the problem identified above is likely to occur.