Immobalized / Cannot Move for no reason bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tomahorc.9607

Tomahorc.9607

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in another thread, i couldn’t find it so starting a new one.

A while ago I had an occasional bug where in spvp or tpvp, I would lose the ability to move my character. Skills would work but i simply could not move my character at all. This stopped happening and I assumed it had been fixed but last night it happened in tpvp, once to the guardian in our team who was stuck unable to move at the clocktower, and once to myself at the start of a game (during the 5 minutes countdown).

I couldn’t move for about 2 minutes, and the only thing that fixed it was the game starting and teleporting me back to the start point. I believe our guardian got killed by a trebuchet shot as his way out of it.

I want to stress, there were no conditions on me when it happened (I also threw down elixirs (cleaning formula 409) to see if that would allow me to move, and used stun breaks, neither of which allowed me to move. Also, I dropped bombs too incase it was a binding root that I couldn’t see.

Please bump this thread if you have experienced this rather annoying bug, luckily it didn’t prevent us from winning our games when it happened, but if it happened in a closer game or at a really bad time it could, so this really needs to be investigated asap.

Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Replect.3407

Replect.3407

Well for 2 minutes is long, but I experienced problems with not being able to move for a moment or until I used a movement skill… I think it happened after I was immobilized / stunned or so and still effected me even after it was gone…

Experienced that a couple of times, in PvE as well as in WvW I think, haven’t played that much sPvP, but I think it doesn’t matter where you are!

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

Same problem here with my guardian. I can’t be sure when this is happening, but it think it’s occurring mostly when i play against engineers. I can use my skills and everything, but I’m stuck in place and can’t unstuck. The only solution to unstuck is to use some leap skill (like no. 4 great-sword skill on guardian). This is so annoying :S…

Sometimes my character is stuck in a weird position, like in a middle of animation for skill that I started before i got stuck, and the solution is same…use leap skill to break it.

Posted by: Eigen.4168

Eigen.4168

This has happened to me on my thief and ranger. It usually happens right after using a skill and BAM, can’t move, but can still use combat/utility/elite skills just fine. On the thief a steal would fix it is as I could teleport to something and reset my animation or something. Ranger on the other hand I couldn’t figure out anything other than log out to character select and log back in.

Posted by: Nepumuk.6071

Nepumuk.6071

I just had something like this happen on a Borderlands in WvW on my Elementalist.

I could not move at all like being frozen or immobilized. Neither movement keys or pressing down both mouse buttons worked, dodge would not work either. Skills still worked as I could switch attunements. There were no conditions or me and no enemies close. It did last about 10-15 seconds.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I have also noticed this. Usually it happens to me after using ride the lightning. Luckily any skill that physically moves your character tends to unbug you. (so updraft for ele’s works)

Posted by: Catastrophe.2407

Catastrophe.2407

Been having this stuck bug while not immobilized a few times lately, today on my ele I was going to try to stomp this thief but I couldn’t move and it kept spamming 1 from my water skill, I did manage to get out of it by going to air and riding the lightning then I could move again but its kitten annoying.

Same type of topic different situation though usually on my mesmer, I’ve been stuck in walls and teleport into rocks/walls, its usually a pita to get out have to try to teleport back out again.

Posted by: Sunny Side.7960

Sunny Side.7960

Had this problem on my thief a few times, although the teleport arrow fixes it. Still annoying in pvp.

Posted by: Arvin.3124

Arvin.3124

This only happened to me after getting rooted. (ranger skill I think?)

Only way to get out of it is either to get knock backed or use a self-knockback or tp.

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Had this a few times on my Ele`.
Mainly happens when I use RTL &/or Fire forwards skill, but has happeneed twice when just jumping about.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Posted by: Nihilius.7123

Nihilius.7123

Yeah I get this sometimes too, it’s very odd.

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

I have gotten this too on my ele. Only thing that got me out of it was staff skill number 4. I couldn’t dodge or teleport but the skill “dodge” got me out of it for some reason.

Wrekks/Wrekts

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

Just happened…even dodge didn’t work. What’s up?

Posted by: drzoidberg.7193

drzoidberg.7193

This has been happening to me all afternoon, though it is the first time it happens, it’s become really annoying. The char just won´t respond to any movement keys or movement skills like “blink”, you seem to be able to use everything else, except your anchored to the ground..
It’s obvious to say that it turns spvp to a tottaly unplayable piece of crap.

Posted by: Tsu.1283

Tsu.1283

i have the same problem ! In spvp i can’t move , and the blink of mesmer’s staff didn’t make me move ! To be forced to disconnect because of that it’s very crappy.
Please do something, i have this bug nearly at each party.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

same in wvw. my character would simply stop moving at all and there is no immobilize or root or anything on me. sometimes i get pushed in a corner and i cant even see anything and dodging isnt working, blink or any stun breakers. i dont know what triggers this bug, but its very annoying

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

This is a global issue that I responded to in another thread. We are working on pinning this down and fixing it. Thanks!

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

happened in PvE also, in TA Aether first boss. I could shot and even hit the enemies with my bow, but couldn’t move away and i eventually died.

Please be aware is not a PvP issue.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: DaGhostDS.9738

DaGhostDS.9738

I can probably shed some light on this issue on the PvE side at least, im gonna go with an example because that’s where i see the issue most : Claw of Jormag when he fears you, a ranger already dropped his Healing Spring and the condition removing effect goes into action 0.2 to 1 sec after the fear, you cannot move but you can still use attack / skills and it get fixed on the next fear or Waypoint teleport.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I can probably shed some light on this issue on the PvE side at least, im gonna go with an example because that’s where i see the issue most : Claw of Jormag when he fears you, a ranger already dropped his Healing Spring and the condition removing effect goes into action 0.2 to 1 sec after the fear, you cannot move but you can still use attack / skills and it get fixed on the next fear or Waypoint teleport.

Actually a ranger heal was involved in my TA Aether bug, and i know for sure that boss can fear (the Robot, slick i think it’s the name).

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I’ve had this happen alot in both PvE, PvP and WvW. It can occur randomly, but not as often. Not sure what the source is in that regard.

However, in many other cases the ‘fake immobilization’ seems to typically happen alot shortly after I’ve been feared. Being the most common application. Launches also seem to exhibit similar effects. However, in alot of cases combat can happen so fast its hard to pinpoint the real cause.
I wouldn’t put it past cripple being part of it or ‘body blocking’ (as i do have melee assist on) with some collision issues.

Just thought I’d throw in my thoughts and theories.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Icarus.1728

Icarus.1728

Still happening… still no idea why it is not fixed. Been a known bug for SEVERAL months… yet still not addressed. It is horridly rampant with immobilizes followed by CC. The CC doesn’t launch you, and then you just sit there… unable to move for about 5 or so seconds, sometimes longer.

Frankly too this bug is heavily exploited by Hammer Warriors and Turret Engineers. Even with removal negating the immobilize, the outrite spamming that both these classes offer mean even without immobilize on your bar you are sitting there waiting for animations to finish unless you have enough endurance or a stun break. Don’t get me wrong ANet, your make a gorgeous game, but your animations are destroying the foundation of stable gameplay.

These bugs and several others are frankly making parts of this game unplayable. Don’t even get me started on stuns or dazes completely resetting entire cooldowns without properly using a skill.

And yes, been reporting several of these for months through forums, support pages, and in-game bug reporting… yet they are still running rampant. :/

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

got stuck yesterday after a big zergfight and only a mesmer portal could help me to be able to move again.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Star Jewel.5048

Star Jewel.5048

I googled this problem and found this thread. I guess this is as good a place to report my problem as any other.

I’ve played PvE/WvW on every class since beta, but am not big into sPvP. During that time, I’ve only ever played hotjoins (game browser) on my mesmer. I never had this problem in any of those places.

Since solo queue/team arena is now on the daily, I’ve started playing solo queue games on my necro (minion master build). I’m suddenly getting hit with this problem a lot. There’s no debuff in the effects monitor, and it doesn’t seem to matter the map or what class I’m fighting against at the time: I’ve had it happen in Khylo against a mesmer, Skyhammer against a necro, Khylo against another necro….and I believe one other time.

I’m completely unable to move. As OP mentioned, I can use skills just fine, but I can’t move. Autorunning doesn’t fix it, no skill use clears it, dodging (neither double-tap or dedicated key), nothing. The things that I have noticed clear it are: Dying. Getting knocked back by an enemy skill. And today I discovered: /dance.

(edited by Star Jewel.5048)

Posted by: blim.6320

blim.6320

Hi, sorry to open a old post but I couldn’t find anything else or a solution to this problem.

What is the underlying cause of the problem?

This happened 3 times in a row today to me in the space of 15 seconds. I would be casting away fine then when I go to move and cast, I would get stuck and unable to move. When I check to see why I’m stuck, nothing is on me. Even casting Mist Form did nothing to help. It seem moving and casting gets me stuck 3-4 seconds at a time.

I also get this thing a lot when I cast on the move may characters animation would be standing still while I’m still running.

After running some ping test to the server I noticed some jitter from 20-60ms to the hope before the server as the server itself can’t be directly pinged. So I was thinking it could be dsync maybe?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This is a global issue that I responded to in another thread. We are working on pinning this down and fixing it. Thanks!

5 months later… if I may ask: Are you getting closer to pinning it down?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

5 months later… if I may ask: Are you getting closer to pinning it down?

“Pinning” it down..Immobilized bug…That was an Anet pun…

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Thanks for unburying this – this is a really really annoying bug.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

5 months to pin it and fix it , if it would take me so long to fix anything on my work i would have been fired already.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I have also noticed this. Usually it happens to me after using ride the lightning. Luckily any skill that physically moves your character tends to unbug you. (so updraft for ele’s works)

RTL and Burning Speed have been doing this to me lately… a LOT.

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

A very frustrating bug – it would at least be nice to have an “/unstuck” chat command.

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

5 months to pin it and fix it , if it would take me so long to fix anything on my work i would have been fired already.

5 months? More like “nearly 2 years” → https://www.google.com/search?q=gw2+char+freeze+bug+site:forum-en.guildwars2.com

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Had that bloody bug yesterday in 3 fights in a row in EB on the necro. All three times it was just when I came out of DS if I remember correctly

Posted by: Aiuris.9861

Aiuris.9861

Why is a problem this serious taking so long to get fixed?

Posted by: Exvillain.5097

Exvillain.5097

it’s ridiculous crucial bug like this is being overlooked for years.
when you encounter this bug you have to quickly type emote in chat window(/dance etc)
there are similar bugs that are just being ignored by anet

in wvw:

get stuck building rams
-swap weapon to break free

get stuck building rams while being attacked(ac from tower etc)
-tank the damage for 9 sec, if still alive, swap weapon to break free

skills/utilities completely stopped responding
-take out and hold any siege blue print and put it back.

mouse left click target stopped working
-log off and restart your client

movement keys stopped responding
-use leap skills or type /dance in the chat window
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leap

(edited by Exvillain.5097)

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

From 5 months ago (posted by Tyler Chapman):

This is a global issue happening to all classes. We are investigating this issue and will get a fix in ASAP.

Reports indicate this can happen after leap skills, picking up bundles, or teleporting. If any more reproducible steps come in please add it to this thread and I’ll add it to my report.

Thanks!

Sadly, Anets “ASAP” is an entirely new level of slow.

Posted by: Aiuris.9861

Aiuris.9861

Tournament of Legends 2 up while we have a combat system broken by this problem for many months now. Seriously?

Xillllix.3485

Happens every day now, I always get stuck in the landscape in WvW.

Will Anet ever fix this game breaking bug?

Xillllix.3485

This thread deserve a bump: every day it happens, it’s annoying as hell.
How can you acknowledge a bug like this and not fix it for 7 months?

Could you imagine a game like Call of duty where people would have to type /sit in the middle of a battle because they always get stuck? Even Guild Wars 1 didn’t have bugs like this.

Posted by: blim.6320

blim.6320

Any news on this?

I’m also getting problems with AoE casting. It feels like my casts don’t always work the first time and in the same session I also get lots of stuck bug. Seems to me like skills trigger it or any interacting.

Isn’t this a type of desync and if so could it be down to my ISP (or level3.net links) even thou my ping is stable and I have tones of bandwidth? I only ask because I am planning on changing ISP and would like to avoid any problematic routs if that was the case.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

6 month bug and still happening…

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

didnt see anyone mention using /dance to escape

movement skills like heart seeker or ride the lightning also free you and sometimes swapping weapons.

died to wvw guards today today because of this; much lol

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

Sometimes nothing resolves this but logging off and back on again, even taking a wp results in being stuck at the wp. Very annoying in Spvp and WvW, particularly at those times when it means you have to wait in a queue to get back into WvW.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Don’t worry, they’ve been “working on pinning this down and fixing it” for six months. Maybe a couple years more and they’ll get it.

In the meantime, /sit

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

had this this weekend at the teq event for the first time.

couldnt move couldnt cast..
just stood there locked in place for 1 minut.
After i got downed by a red circle and got back up i could move again.

good to know /sit works

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

^ 6 months and counting, what are you guys doing at the office. Some of my friends are programmers so please feel free to contact me so they can tell ya how to fix that stuff in no time. No thanks needed!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Any update on this bug, happens everytime I play this game. When I engage in a fight I just hope it does not trigger. It adds that level of RNG only found in pve! Fix the game it would make it fun to play

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

Posted by: Matt H.6142

Matt H.6142

I find this happens a lot after getting petrified, so thief basilisk venom has that going for it.. Happened to me just today.
Quite often if you die petrified you will revive with your arms frozen, and you end up running around in some awkward positions.

Fort Aspenwood home
All Professions Level 80

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I had this happen on my Mesmer yesterday. Go figure, and here I thought it was just some random convergence of weird events. I’m just glad it happened after killing the local mobs.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Posted by: xavier.7308

xavier.7308

ive had it happen to me quite often, especially in spvp and wvw, typing the emote " /no " seems to work for me.