Immobilize/Falling Bug

Immobilize/Falling Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Can you please for the love of all that is holy, fix this bug.

The one where when you become immobilized in motion, can sometimes cause your character to be considered “falling” thus making you completely unable to use skills. (stun breaks, condi removals, everything)

:(

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Myth confirmed!

Altough its better to just accept your death to be “not your fault”, and move along.
I don’t expect a fix untill GW3.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

This bug really sucks and gets me killed quite a lot. I would love a fix to this.

Maybe even a slight rework to immobilize allowing characters to at least rotate in position.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

This bug really sucks and gets me killed quite a lot. I would love a fix to this.

Maybe even a slight rework to immobilize allowing characters to at least rotate in position.

Couldn’t agree more, this bug blows but it’s also anet so I expect a fix in 6 months or never.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

This bug does exist and tends to happen more when playrers a jump+dodging or just jumping all the time.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Menzies The Heretic.3415

In b4 players say its intended, and simply shouldn’t jump instead.
In b4 players defending net turret and panic strike.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Most games fix immobilize bugs by simply reducing the characters speed by 99.99%, not sure why Guild Wars 2 can’t do the same.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It comes in handy against these rangers that jump all the time to bypass obtacles meant to stop projectiles, but in any case both issues should be fixed.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Most games fix immobilize bugs by simply reducing the characters speed by 99.99%, not sure why Guild Wars 2 can’t do the same.

I don’t think they have even touched it yet. Your solution sounds good, but I think it has something to do with immobilize updating your characters location to the location he/she got immobilized. So that if you get immobilized, your client will show the falling animation + physics, but the server will still put your character up in the sky.

Reducing character speed by 99.99%, except for z axis I’d say.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: slausty.1238

slausty.1238

This bug is really annoying. If you jump dodge enough it happens frequently. It’s like Anet panic strikes you for a laugh in the middle of a team fight to ensure your death…..

[SF] [zH] Ubnext

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This would be really nice for anyone using a non-aoe weapon who completely lose the ability to even use skills when facing the wrong direction. Immobilize is a little too strong currently, and WHY DO THEY STILL ALLOW IT TO STACK (one of the worst changes in the game to-date)? While not a real nerf, it at least makes the condi more bearable.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: FalconBeta.9185

FalconBeta.9185

This is an extremely annoying bug, because it basically turns immobilize into a long duration stun.
The other annoying thing about immobilize is how strong it is against people using Ranged Weapons.
If you’re using melee weapons, chances are that when you use a skill your character will rotate and attack your opponent; however, if you’re using ranged attacks your character won’t do anything. Your skill will go on cooldown like if you interrupted it your self and your character will not turn around.
I would be okay with this if it were intentional, but seeing how melee skills can get through this it seems like a bug aswell.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Menzies The Heretic.3415

This is an extremely annoying bug, because it basically turns immobilize into a long duration stun.
The other annoying thing about immobilize is how strong it is against people using Ranged Weapons.
If you’re using melee weapons, chances are that when you use a skill your character will rotate and attack your opponent; however, if you’re using ranged attacks your character won’t do anything. Your skill will go on cooldown like if you interrupted it your self and your character will not turn around.
I would be okay with this if it were intentional, but seeing how melee skills can get through this it seems like a bug aswell.

I posted several bug reports, don’t expect a fix anytime “Soon ^ tm”

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

This would be really nice for anyone using a non-aoe weapon who completely lose the ability to even use skills when facing the wrong direction. Immobilize is a little too strong currently, and WHY DO THEY STILL ALLOW IT TO STACK (one of the worst changes in the game to-date)? While not a real nerf, it at least makes the condi more bearable.

Hear hear. Necro used to be my favorite class, but with the rebirth of rangers added to the dogpile of immobilizing engis and warriors, it is very frustrating.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I’m bumping this, I have seen no response from a Dev about its existence yet. It takes a new level of low to leave something like this unacknowledged.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

rofl this bug still hasn’t been fixed it’s been in the game since launch

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

So, are the devs aware of this bug by now? It is a game breaking bug, please look into it. I have seen people die on ESL due to this bug, but the shoutcasters don’t notice.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Bump, fix this.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Had a hambow warrior do this to me. He immobilized me as I jumped off clock tower, he followed me down trying to finish me, switched to hammer and tried to use his CCs. He was as frustrated as I was during those 3 seconds I was stuck, he couldn’t hit me, I couldn’t break free from the inevitable death.

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

An Engineer using jump shot gets affected by this more often than not.

And sometimes the game doesn’t register that you landed after using jump shot so you just sit there unable to use any skills until you attempt to move.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Roxx.8713

Roxx.8713

3 Months old thread and still no fix or response

Gg wp anet thats the real spirit of esports

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

bump

/15chars

Immobilize/Falling Bug

James Megawatt.9021

ANet will fix it eventually. Semper Fi

Immobilize/Falling Bug

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Tbh this is just sad that they still havnt fixed a gamebreaking bug like this…I know about threads made long before this where they actually responded at.. with this

Tyler chapman:“This is a global issue that I responded to in another thread. We are working on pinning this down and fixing it. Thanks!”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Immobalized-Cannot-Move-for-no-reason-bug/first#post4203628

2 years ago…..They were working on “Pinning down” the immobilize bug…That humour.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Immobilize/Falling Bug

James Megawatt.9021

Wow I did not even know a dev had ever responded to this bug. That is sad indeed