Impossible Daily task on the list

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jojohn.8570

Jojohn.8570

So I have a level 29 Necromancer but for some reason one of my daily tasks requires me to go to the Twilight Arbor which is a high level dungeon. I hope Dailies reset everyday because at the moment I can’t even complete this and get my gold, it’s rather frustrating.

(edited by Jojohn.8570)

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

First, is the L29 necro your ONLY character? If so, something is wrong here. But if you have ANY character that can do Twilight Arbor, then the daily is valid. Dailies are based on your highest level character.

Second, you should have a lot more daily options than JUST doing the dungeon. Even if PVP/WVW is not your thing, there are always dailies that you can quickly and easily achieve in those game modes. It’s up to you to decide whether missing the daily gold is better or worse than trying a game mode you don’t care for.

Posted by: Jojohn.8570

Jojohn.8570

First, is the L29 necro your ONLY character? If so, something is wrong here. But if you have ANY character that can do Twilight Arbor, then the daily is valid. Dailies are based on your highest level character.

Second, you should have a lot more daily options than JUST doing the dungeon. Even if PVP/WVW is not your thing, there are always dailies that you can quickly and easily achieve in those game modes. It’s up to you to decide whether missing the daily gold is better or worse than trying a game mode you don’t care for.

Oh yeah, I do have other tasks in the list that are within my capabilities like the daily events from certain areas that I’ve already unlocked. The problem was just the dungeon which seemed out of place. I’m actually a returning a player after a few yearkittenus and I’ve forgotten almost everything. Perhaps what you told me is relevant considering I remember having a lvl 60 charr engineer and a lvl 33 asura elementalist but I’ve deleted them before these new character.

Yet somehow the task for doing the dungeon still remains. Will these keep popping up on my dailies now that I no longer have a character that can access to these high level content?

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

It probably will, but dungeon dailies aren’t that frequent.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

Levelling is quite fast, levelling to 80 can be as quick a 1 week. So you shouldn’t be disadvantaged for very long.

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

Yet somehow the task for doing the dungeon still remains. Will these keep popping up on my dailies now that I no longer have a character that can access to these high level content?

Access to higher-level dailies permanently unlocks on your account as soon as you have any character hit the required level. So you will see daily dungeons that are suitable for your highest-ever character even though he is not around anymore. You may also run into dailies in zones that are too high leveled for your current characters.

Fortunately, leveling can be fast and it is unlikely that you will often run into impossible dailies. Also, the game community tends to be helpful. If you get a daily to do events in an area just a few levels above yours, ask for help with the events in map chat. There are usually people around willing to help. In addition, as of the latest quarterly update, you get credit towards doing an event for providing boons to allies and debuffs to enemies, as well as for healing/reviving allies. This makes it a lot easier to get event credit even if you aren’t high enough level to meaningfully contribute to damaging the enemies.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

In addition, as of the latest quarterly update, you get credit towards doing an event for providing boons to allies and debuffs to enemies, as well as for healing/reviving allies. This makes it a lot easier to get event credit even if you aren’t high enough level to meaningfully contribute to damaging the enemies.

Just a little remark though: you can get credit through that actions yes but in order to be eligible for it you must do a bit of damage either. It’s just that damage isn’t the only thing required anymore but a little amount is required.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016/ (first post, under BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH > General)

(edited by shadow.6174)