In game Player Connection

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

I am in EU playing on a NA server and I am having problems communicating with players.

I right click on their name to whisper and nothing happens. After about 30 secs to 1 min the person’s name then pops up in pink ready to chat with. Not only this but my friends list goes berserk. It randomly says person x just logged in, person x just logged out. This happens a lot.

Last problem is adding players to a party. They are clearly online but I am not able to right click on their name in chat and add to party. The only work around to this is that I add them to my friends list and then add them to the party.

All in all, these are the bugs I want to fixed.

1 – Players Whispering Takes time due to lag
2 – Friends logging in and out randomly
3 – Can not invite player to party when I right click add to party
4 – Players are offline when they are clearly online (I dont mean players who put themselves offline. Many guild mate are online but they show offline to me)

These problems were fixed at one point but someone has broken them again.

Please help.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried a -repair lately? It couldn’t hurt.

Mustafa.7684

can you kindly explain how? i cant seem to get to repair

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

I am currently experiencing the same problem (Oceanic player playing in NA). It started right after the latest bugfix patch http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-18-2014/3781078

I also point out that this had also happened before last December, but went away after the patch month later. Now it’s back and it’s gotten to the point that the game is downright unplayable again. I’ve already done -repair and -verify on the client as well as other fixes (such as deleting the local.dat file, checking my ISP for network problems, and checking my computer for any issues, since like I said, I experienced this before), but none worked.

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Here’s a screenshot of the error message I’m constantly receiving. Other errors that crop up during gameplay (such as it is) include disappearing guilds, unable to open the TP, and client freezes before disconnecting during big PvE events, and in the middle of sPvP matches.

Attachments:

(edited by Skribulous.3521)

Mustafa.7684

I have reinstalled GW2 now and I am still getting these problems. It just doesnt work!