Inappropriate luminescent leggings.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mcintosh.8427

Mcintosh.8427

I had submitted a ticket for this and the response was to post on forums for developers to see.

The luminescent light armor leggings on my Norn female are grossly inappropriate. It looks like she is wearing no underwear and there is even a line drawn that when skinned on most armor pieces appears as female parts.

I spent a good amount of time getting this armor, can you correct the design so that every 13 year old boy in the game isn’t staring at me please?

There’s no justification for the line being drawn the way it is, and you can’t tell me that was an accident…

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

The carapace/luminescent skins aren’t the only ones with this line. It’s not even constantly visible, only when you zoom in closely, and at a certain angle. I highly doubt that “every 13 year old boy” is watching you…

And how is this tiny design flaw inappropriate, compared to the myriad of other questionable armour designs floating around in video games, GW2 included? oO God knows I’ve had my fair share of discussions about needlessly sexed-up armour designs, but this is one thing that’s more a visual bug than anything.

And if this really annoys you so much… https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Issues-with-character-art-weapons-or-armor-2/first
Though I’m almost convinced this is a weird attempt at trolling…

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Mcintosh.8427

Mcintosh.8427

It is not minor, this is not trolling, its blatant and highly noticeable. Please don’t rage on someone for posting a concern, and thank you for the link.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The luminescent light armor leggings on my Norn female are grossly inappropriate. It looks like she is wearing no underwear and there is even a line drawn that when skinned on most armor pieces appears as female parts.

I spent a good amount of time getting this armor, can you correct the design so that every 13 year old boy in the game isn’t staring at me please?

There’s no justification for the line being drawn the way it is, and you can’t tell me that was an accident…

I’m sure it wasn’t an accident. A lot of games are designed as if the primary audience is mostly 13-year old boys. There are lots of skins in this game I would describe as ‘nekkid armor’, because of the amount of skin it shows for female characters; there is no similar beefcake design for male toons.

It’s a free country (most of the time), so you can post your concerns. However, I wouldn’t recommend holding your breath; I don’t see ANet (or most other game companies) changing the practice any time soon.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

I made a toon to check it out and you’re right. Strange

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

well obviously you forgot to enable the chastity belt checkbox. There’s also a setting in the options called church mode that places everyone in arabic robes so nothing disgraceful is shown.

That which has no life.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

well obviously you forgot to enable the chastity belt checkbox. There’s also a setting in the options called church mode that places everyone in arabic robes so nothing disgraceful is shown.

Heh … the Chinese version might actually be less skimpy judging the screenshots of what they did in the character creation screen.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

hey come on .. forget it and move on. This game is Teen rated
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=32125

I remember that post from someone two years ago : he asked A.net to remove ALL spiders in game because he was afraid of spiders … this request fall into the same basket. Change your legging skin or live with it.

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)