Incorrect ammount of HoM reward points

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rainiris.1975

Rainiris.1975

I’m sort of scared here. I have sent a report throug hthe ingame tool but I think I hit the wrong option with all the gibberish.

I was awarded 26 HoM points (total of 39, from 13 I legitly own) after completing the tutorial area of Humans. This has triggered my next Achievement Points reward. I havent opened the reward chest in fear. I can’t access the Hall of MOnuments either, the game reports a disconnection error and closes.

I’m scared. Is it safe to just continue playing before everything is fixed?

Posted by: zdogjr.7260

zdogjr.7260

I got this as well, should only have 11 and its 39 after leaving the human tutorial. So you aren’t alone.

Posted by: Antiochos.5397

Antiochos.5397

Hello, I just had a similar experience. I received 39 HoM points (from 0) and the next level of achievement points chest, just after completing the Sylvari tutorial…I do not even own a Guild Wars account.

I opened the chest btw, the rewards look normal.

Posted by: LittleSparrow.4278

LittleSparrow.4278

This happened to me too, and I don’t even have an account linked… I didn’t accept the reward because I didn’t want to be considered exploiting. :S

Posted by: Shadowcyclone.6793

Shadowcyclone.6793

I have also received this but the in-game report system is a bit bugged too so i am refraining from sending one at the moment. Another thing is this account isn’t tied to any GW1 account so I shouldn’t have had any. I think its best for anyone that received a chest not to open it or it may be considered using a bug to your advantage.

Posted by: ryukin.4639

ryukin.4639

This happened to me too after going through the asura starting area; I didn’t think much of it when I got the achievement chest other than “Wow, I must have been closer than I thought” and opened it. I rushed off to use a make-over kit on my new character and only then thought to check exactly what achievement had pushed me over. Now I see that I’ve now unlocked nearly every HoM achievement—despite not having a GW1 account.

I tried to report it in game, but the bug interface….

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Sounds like a serious bug.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Nyminett.8954

Nyminett.8954

Same here. After completing the Norn tutorial, I got roughly 300 AP for HoM (I had zero before, I don’t even have GW1 account) which pushed me to next Achievement milestone. I accepted the reward, however the chest is sitting unopened in my inventory. Wanted to submit a bug report, but as others mentioned above, the bug report system is messed up now and the categories cannot be properly identified.

Malediktus.3740

Ok a friend with 0 HoM points tried this and he gained 39 HoM points and God walking amongst mere mortals.
This bug needs immediate attention

Posted by: Cilph.6758

Cilph.6758

Yeah, I uhh…confirm this bug exists…

Posted by: dandylion.2987

dandylion.2987

Yeah this is pretty bad. I did it by accident and accepted the chest thinking it was for something else. It seems like the whole thing is screwed up, trying to go to the Hall of Monuments area in game crashes the client and I’m not sure the website’s working. I submitted a bug report but I’m really worried about my account now. I have no idea how they’re going to fix this.

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

Yeah just making sure this gets noticed, since there’s a lot of other bugs that have cropped up in this patch.

For the record, I should have ZERO of these achievements since I didn’t play GW1 and therefore have no account to link. Wouldn’t have even noticed it if these points didn’t bump me to my next Achievement chest. The titles are nice though… going to miss them once it gets fixed.

Attachments:

=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I really don’t want to be rude, but this bug has to be fixed as soon as possible and any incorrectly awarded achievements have to be reset. Those achievements were not exactly easy to get and I personally don’t want everybody being GWAMM.

Malediktus.3740

I really don’t want to be rude, but this bug has to be fixed as soon as possible and any incorrectly awarded achievements have to be reset. Those achievements were not exactly easy to get and I personally don’t want everybody being GWAMM.

Exactly, I already know several people who reproduced this bug on purpose in hope Anet wont fix it.

Posted by: littlemscupcakez.2183

littlemscupcakez.2183

I as well can confirm it is a bug. I barely even started to play the first gw1 & I did link my accts together, but I am far from earning these HoM points. I hope these achievement’s are removed, because I don’t want my acct banned due to some horrid bug please I hope you guy’s fix this major problem.

Posted by: ckooken.8190

ckooken.8190

Yeah I got this as well, I didn’t know exactly what it was so I opened my chest.

I agree, I feel bad for having it all of a sudden. Does not feel right.

Posted by: Vilkatis.6495

Vilkatis.6495

Omg what do i do now ?! I just received hom points without any account linked .. Really afraid for my account right now , hope they fix this somehow

Posted by: Kaosuseki.2986

Kaosuseki.2986

Yeah the bug is definitely real. For the record, I haven’t played GW1 at all.

Attachments:

(edited by Kaosuseki.2986)

Posted by: Kail.4386

Kail.4386

Same thing happened to me after making a new character. I was like what the heck. I do have a GW1 account linked, but I don’t think I got far enough into the game to get any points. I also received an rewards chest for hitting 6500. It’s sitting in my inventory, waiting until I hear what they plan to do.

Posted by: Anatolious.8539

Anatolious.8539

Just got a bunch of HoM achievements myself after completing the sylvari tutorial, I made a bug and support ticket. Weirdest bug ever

Attachments:

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

Same issue here. I wasn’t going to post it on the forums since I didn’t want to inform others. However, since the in-game report function is bugged and there is already a thread on the subject I assume sharing my experience should do no further harm.

I reported the issue in-game to the best of my ability (menus are bugged) and also deleted the new character with the reward chest.
(Not suggesting this course of action to others or saying it is a solution since you will permanently lose the reward chest.)

Highest soloQ rank – #2

(edited by Bacon.4918)

Malediktus.3740

I wouldnt have deleted it, you lost the chest forever, there is no way to reearn it. So you lost permanent account buffs and possibly skins.

Posted by: Millarz.7316

Millarz.7316

Welp this happened to me too except I didn’t realize the chest came from a bug until after I opened it. I was kind of close to getting a chest so I just thought it was fine until I looked to see a bajillion HoM achievements. I don’t have a GW1 account either and it looks like we’re all getting the same achievements and points and things.

Posted by: Don.3175

Don.3175

yeah, definitely works, tried it and was able to narrow the issue, seems to only bug out if you aint already got a portalstone of hotm in your inv..
fix this!

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

Just checked this myself to see if it happens to someone that already unlocked most of his HoM(I had 45 points)

Can confirm that i got the GWAMM title(And the 50 APs that come with it), even though i didn’t earn it on my gw1 account. However i didnt get any more HoM Points above the amount that i had prior(had 45, and it is still 45).

Will this be fixed?

Posted by: Dana windfelt.8160

Dana windfelt.8160

Seems like an odd number of HoM points: 39? Seems like every newly created toon going through tutorial automatically links the account to someone’s gw1 account with that many points.

Do hope anet fixes this; kinda a slap in the face to those people who worked hard in GW1 to get gwamm. I actually have 2 x gwamm and was working on a 3rd when GW2 came out.

Posted by: Rainiris.1975

Rainiris.1975

The source must be simpler than just a linked account. Remember that linked accounts are set to have the same email and password (GW2’s data takes preference), and the glitch happens in a specific scenario that can be controlled.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Welp this happened to me too except I didn’t realize the chest came from a bug until after I opened it. I was kind of close to getting a chest so I just thought it was fine until I looked to see a bajillion HoM achievements. I don’t have a GW1 account either and it looks like we’re all getting the same achievements and points and things.

Same here, I really want to believe Anet will not penalize ppl for opening a chest, lots of us don’t watch our AP their mistake not ours for trusting the game.

Posted by: Xainou.1502

Xainou.1502

Same issue here. I decided to make a new char today and got the wrong points accounted for. It also pushed me over a chest treshold.

As much as I’d love to actually have these skins, I hope anet makes the right decision with this ._.

Posted by: Eastrider.7391

Eastrider.7391

Same here… i opened a separate thread because I didn’t find this one.

I’m legitimately scared as I’ve heard of people getting banned for bugs :/

Posted by: Carlinhos.4860

Carlinhos.4860

Same happened to me, just made an new character for pvp and got all the archivements, through I only should have 3-4 since I didn’t play gw1 too much :/

Posted by: WhatILack.7648

WhatILack.7648

Wanted to try out thief and randomly got a load of achievements, I don’t even know what the HoM is? :/

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

This bug seems to work for everyone but me, weird.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

Good, you should never try to reproduce something that has been reported as a bug, because that makes you an ‘exploiter’, and anet takes a dim view on that sort of behavior.

No good can ever come of this, it will either be fixed, or accounts will be suspended/banned for exploiting. Please, for your own sake, do not try to reproduce this bug.

We all know how the banhammer swings around here.

That said, I cant get into my HOM either.

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Same here, i was recreating a new character and when i completed the story i got many hom achievements. I was really surprised and of course it wasn’t intended, I imagine a lot of people had the same issue.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Posted by: Kaeti.2689

Kaeti.2689

Same here, i was recreating a new character and when i completed the story i got many hom achievements. I was really surprised and of course it wasn’t intended, I immagine a lot of people had the same issue.

did you just get this?

Wtf Kaeti
Syndictive [Syn]

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

If this won’t be fixed i think it would be the final and ultimate slap in the face to every true fan and supporter of Guild Wars.

[Elona Reach]

Posted by: Sneaz.3726

Sneaz.3726

I just tried to reproduce this on a alt account and it did NOT work for me. So maybe it has something to with how old your account is. I will not try this on my main account because also have never done any GW1 stuff.

Edit: The reason I tried to do it is not to abuse the bug. I was just curious and would not have opened the achievement chest.

Malediktus.3740

It funny how Anet immediatly responded to the class specific weapon and armor vendor problem, but is silent about this.

Posted by: acey.6142

acey.6142

It doesn’t work anymore they patched it last night.

Aceskyy- 80 Ranger Cmd- 80 Warrior Cmd- 80 Engineer
Guilds affiliations – Imtl, CoS, HIGH, & DOLO
Ehmry Bay Raider with unicorn bow!

Malediktus.3740

It doesn’t work anymore they patched it last night.

proof?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Good, you should never try to reproduce something that has been reported as a bug, because that makes you an ‘exploiter’, and anet takes a dim view on that sort of behavior.

No good can ever come of this, it will either be fixed, or accounts will be suspended/banned for exploiting. Please, for your own sake, do not try to reproduce this bug.

We all know how the banhammer swings around here.

That said, I cant get into my HOM either.

I was just curious, anet will most likely fix this anyway. No way anet would let so many people run around with achievements, skins, AP rewards and a title they obtained through a bug.

They are probably trying to figure out how to do it. Everyone is shouting “rollback!” but that’s a last resort because it could do more harm than good. Just imagine how many people got a precursor or another great drop in the last 20 hours.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Is it possible to just erase all the HoM achievements of anyone not linking a GW1 account?

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

Malediktus.3740

Is it possible to just erase all the HoM achievements of anyone not linking a GW1 account?

Does not fix the issue of people who only got lets say 10 HoM points, but now have 39 + GWAMM.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Roll all HOM points back, re-apply from GW1 links.