Infiltrator's Arrow/Ride the Lightning

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nauxen.2450

Nauxen.2450

Hey all,
I’ve been playing my two main characters, a thief and an elementalist. I’ve been having this issue for a long time, but I’ve never really thought about letting anyone know.. And, I think it’s a problem for some others as well. When I use infiltrator’s arrow, it waits about 2 seconds to actually fire the arrow, then it does the little animation while I’m still walking, and then after I blink to the area I had chosen, I glitch back and forth for a few seconds. The exact same thing happens with Ride the Lightning on my elementalist, and it also happens with Shadowstep on my thief and blink on my Mesmer, but it doesn’t happen with lightning bolt on my ele.. I’m just sort of confused if there’s a certain fix to this or not, any help would be extremely helpful. As much as I love these two characters, these glitches are really making it a pain in the butt to play.

~~Procrastination Nation~~

Nauxen.2450

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bump~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Those are really just caused by poor internet connection =/

Can you get a wired connection? I assume you’re wireless atm

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

An old computer and a poor internet connection are likely to blame. I’ve never had any issues with the game itself since I upgraded my laptop, and I use wireless.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Sounds like its a lag effect, I have had it a few times lately on my Mesmer when blinking… who’s to blame is.. well could be you, me, anyone (including ANET).
Sometimes I can actually run past where I am blinking to and suddenly get rubber banded back then blink to the spot, but it’s just lag I am afraid not a bug imo.

What I do find annoying is blinking often causes me to become rooted to the spot after the blink and unable to move unless I WP or a mob knocks me back.

Another issue I get is using Mind Stab (Mesmer GS #3 skill.. you stab then get like a 2 sec delay after where your unable to do anything)

Nauxen.2450

Wired, Got this laptop 2 weeks ago, Brand new.