Ingame resolution changes

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Exkrien.3872

Exkrien.3872

4k monitor
Gw2 in fullscreen mode with 25XXpx * 1440px

When i tab out of the game to a different window (alt+tab) and then switch back to the game (which obviously minimized) the ingame resolution is kittened up.
Pretty easy to spot since the point where your mouse is displayed on the screen isnt were it is registered on the game (mouseover effect is your friend).
For me its then displayed 2cm to the left of where it actually should be. Not quite sure if this even is game related or more OS related but I thought id give it a try.
Quickfix is to change the ingame display resolution to anything else and the mouse couror is back where it should be.
Just really annoying since you have to select a different resolution to get the mouse pointer back to a normal position and then select your previous resolution again to be back at the same setting as when you switched out of the game.
If you need any video, screens, more detailed bug report -> gimme a heads up

Cheers

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Thank you for the writeup! I’ve passed this along to the appropriate team and if we need more I’ll contact you.

Posted by: Existential.4831

Existential.4831

Thank you for the writeup! I’ve passed this along to the appropriate team and if we need more I’ll contact you.

Hi Ester !

Whilst we’re on the subject or resolution issues would there be any word on the issue with the UI when running the game on a 4K Monitor ( UI does not scale and is too small )? This has been reported multiple times and we’ve not seen an official response regarding this.

Praise be to the Quaggan gods ! May they fix the UI issue in 4K screen resolution !!