Instant "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey all,

Believe me, the devs are aware of this issue and it has been and is being taken care of.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Phat Stackage.5329

Phat Stackage.5329

Hey all,

Believe me, the devs are aware of this issue and it has been and is being taken care of.

Thank you Gaile.

Posted by: Creatos Zel Ael.1936

Creatos Zel Ael.1936

Thank you Gaile. Hoping this would get fixed as soon as possible.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Hey all,

How about the FPS issues surrounding the UI?

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Harrimur.7425

Harrimur.7425

Thanks for letting us know you guys care about it Gaile! Pretty sure a lot of people are glad to hear that!

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

Hey all,

How about the FPS issues surrounding the UI?

Leave it in its own thread, mate.

Posted by: XenoSoul.2037

XenoSoul.2037

Hey all,

Any idea on what will be done for those people that come across it? I know I stumbled upon it by complete happenstance, and that it pushed my account achievement points to cross the 5,000 milestone. I’m am legitimately torn from doing any sort of pro-active involvement with the game if an impending rollback of progression is on the horizon from when the patch went live.

Posted by: Skelemiere.3094

Skelemiere.3094

Yeah, I wonder what will be done to those who accidentally encounter this bug, like me. No bans please xD

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

Hey all,

I have been playing gw1 the last few days to level up my HoM points. After hearing news of the expansion, it got me pumped. I went from 10-20 today. I REALLY hope this doesn’t somehow screw me out of my rewards that i’m legitimately earning. I checked my gw2 account and my titles are updating, but i’m not seeing the reward pets in the HoM. I understand i’m not able to talk to the vendor to prevent people from getting skins they shouldn’t have, but i really am earning my stuff right now and i better not lose it.

That which has no life.

(edited by Noein.1685)

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

I would think that the developers would be able to run some sort of diff on their data base to identify accounts that have the title and have not linked their accounts and roll those back or at least remove the title and AP. In line with that they should also be able to run a script that would pull all accounts that are linked that have the achievement in GW2 but not in GW1 and roll them back as well. I think that would be the most amicable solution.

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

Creatos Zel Ael.1936

Hmmm….if a rollback is coming would it be safe to put any gold or items of value you have managed to get with someone else or a guild bank? I thought the game has already been rolled back and bought a bunch of mats for legendary :/

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Too bad I never encounterd the HoM bug, it would be nice justice for me considering I can’t link my accounts for whatever reason. :P

Just kidding don’t smite me!

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

From what I can see so far their solution is throwing out bans for simply making a character on the day of the patch. Seems like you’re going to nail a lot of people who were not attempting to exploit that way.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: littlemscupcakez.2183

littlemscupcakez.2183

If they come down to banning? I will be done with this game officially…some of us who wanted to make new char didn’t know this until after tutorial this mistake is on them not on the players. I worked just as hard in this game like everyone else has & if they we’re to take this away fro me? I will be torn! I know it’s only a game, but I accomplished a lot including working hard to own a legendary & my only legendary…I know I sound like I’m being a baby, but it will not be fair to punish us who didn’t know this until afterwards :’(

Creatos Zel Ael.1936

If they come down to banning? I will be done with this game officially…some of us who wanted to make new char didn’t know this until after tutorial this mistake is on them not on the players. I worked just as hard in this game like everyone else has & if they we’re to take this away fro me? I will be torn! I know it’s only a game, but I accomplished a lot including working hard to own a legendary & my only legendary…I know I sound like I’m being a baby, but it will not be fair to punish us who didn’t know this until afterwards :’(

Yeah i know how you feel mate :/

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Yeah i know how you feel mate :/

The problem is, that’s exactly how everyone who has played GW1 and got their GWAMM and HoM points the proper way feels when they know that anyone who wears that title could have gotten it just by coming out of the tutorial.

Obviously the fault is with ANet and they should not ban anyone, but they should remove all the titles and AP from those who got these due to the bug or they will have to deal with similar posts from veterans that are just not going to buy their expansion or anything from them and just move on to other games.

Like Malediktus pointed out, they could remove the APs without handing out chests twice (like back with the miniature collector or later with the black lion collections) so this is possible and has to be done.

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

Hey all,

Thanks for the reply, Gaile

I hope you guys can revert the AP’s and titles.

[Elona Reach]

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Stupid question on my part, but do I understand it right that “HoM rewards disabled” doesn’t mean that the bug on character creation is fixed, but only picking up rewards in the HoM has been disabled?

Just asking to make sure, since I have been in the middle of finally getting those racial story achievements and wanted to finally create a Sylvari. I would like to prevent creating the char “too early” since I’m not intending to get the HoM bug – and probably even get banned for that after more than 5k hours in (yeah, 5k hours and still only got Asura and Charr toons xD)…

Devildoc.6721

From what I can see so far their solution is throwing out bans for simply making a character on the day of the patch. Seems like you’re going to nail a lot of people who were not attempting to exploit that way.

What makes you think they are going to ban people for this?

I’ve seen screenshots on other forums and sites.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Hey all,

Thank you, Gaile, that is good to know.

I’m starting to eye every GWAMM title suspiciously now (and surely the same happens to me in return), that’s really not how it should be

Hope this can be resolved (reverted) without breaking anything else.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Hey all,

Thank you, Gaile, that is good to know.

I’m starting to eye every GWAMM title suspiciously now (and surely the same happens to me in return), that’s really not how it should be

Hope this can be resolved (reverted) without breaking anything else.

I’m not using any titles on my chars until this is resolved for exactly the reason you mentioned, and that’s just sad.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

…I’m too worried to even log in. I see what is said to cause this, but is it certain? Meaning it can’t happen just randomly? I’m close to an AP reward and don’t want that ruined.
I also really wanted – and was about to afford – character slots for some temporary characters but didn’t necessarily have to finish the tutorial for now, needed to be in it though. Of course that’s not a problem right now since I’m too scared to log in. Ha!

Hoping it’s fixed soon.

let the sky fall

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

I would think that the developers would be able to run some sort of diff on their data base to identify accounts that have the title and have not linked their accounts and roll those back or at least remove the title and AP. In line with that they should also be able to run a script that would pull all accounts that are linked that have the achievement in GW2 but not in GW1 and roll them back as well. I think that would be the most amicable solution.

Yes, it is really that simple. Just open up a command prompt and type:

do diff;
do roll back;
execute;

And it will all be fixed.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

What makes you think they are going to ban people for this?

I’ve seen screenshots on other forums and sites.

I cant find any screenshots on the fansites I know of, not even on reddit.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Rainiris.1975

Rainiris.1975

Only answer I need to hear is “You can continue to play as per normal, we’re working on this”. And Gaile already said they’re working on this, so…

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

words

Posting about your innocence in advance of your ban isn’t going to help you. Nobody is going to see this and say ‘Oh shoot, watch out for that guy when you do the banwave.’

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

Dudes calm down.

Nobody will get rolled back or banned because of this. They are probably gonna fix what’s causing this to happen, and then check all the logs to see which characters are affected by this bug. They will just remove the titles/AP you earned this way.

Posted by: Bomito.4517

Bomito.4517

rollbacks are not easy… might make a even bigger mess. Let them work stop harassing them. They know it needs to be fix. Giving them hate tells in game to name calling like school children doesn’t help!

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

words

Posting about your innocence in advance of your ban isn’t going to help you. Nobody is going to see this and say ‘Oh shoot, watch out for that guy when you do the banwave.’

Lol. Nobody’s going to get banned for this. And those clamouring for bans or rollbacks to protect their precious exclusivity won’t sway ArenaNet either. The rewards have already been temporarily disabled so nobody will get rewards they didn’t work for.

The amount of hysteria in this thread is just laughable.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

(edited by KyreneZA.8617)

Posted by: Aikawa.8726

Aikawa.8726

As someone already stated, isn’t it possible to just rollback HoM related APs/titles (to before patch) and make it so people won’t get achievement chests twice? This way new APs gained from after the patch won’t be lost and I don’t see any problem with this unless it isn’t doable.

But what really happened? People got GWAMM and 39 HoM points after doing a tutorial?
As a legit GWAMM I kinda understand why GW1 veterans are so upset about this. I really like this title but until the bug is fixed I’m displaying Champion of the Gods since even with the bug no one got it right?
I mean, if someone has 30 points, will he get 50 points? Or just 39?

Anyways, I’m hoping and looking forward for a fix on this matter. Although there are more urging issues that are truly gamebreaking.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

words

You dont get banned because Anet screwed up something.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

While I agree you would NOT get perma-banned, saying a mistake could not happen (if they were banning exploiters) is naive…. I get the players anxiety, but it is a wasted emotion as he has no control over what has happened or what will happen about it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: XenoSoul.2037

XenoSoul.2037

While I agree you would NOT get perma-banned, saying a mistake could not happen (if they were banning exploiters) is naive…. I get the players anxiety, but it is a wasted emotion as he has no control over what has happened or what will happen about it.

And that anxiety is what I would hope Gaile would address in short order. This bug is extremely easy to come across, and I imagine that most people are just crossing this by mere chance. I had been juggling around the idea of making a Thief a while before this patch, and I just made the poor choice of making one on the day this patch was released.

And because of this bug, I crossed the 5,000 milestone, which grants a pretty sizable pool of stuff — 15g, 400 gems, and a chest of goodies. Are all those illicit gains, because I can honestly say I don’t care for the titles, and didn’t even know of the existence of the HoM room in GW2 until this bug came up. But these items, if accounts are rolled back, are completely up in the air, as is anything else I may or may not do with my account in the interim. What’s the point of playing and getting dailies done, if the next week’s progress is going to be wiped from my account’s record?

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

i stumbled upon this bug by mistaque as well, simple solution remove the title there done.

Devildoc.6721

Some guild mates were bragging about it on Monday, they usually log in every day, now I haven’t seen them since..

Posted by: Lahrun.3704

Lahrun.3704

Speculation about banning isn’t getting anyone anywhere. They wouldn’t ban people because of an error on their part. I’d imagine that they’ll remove the AP, remove the titles, but let them keep the rewards. When they pass that same milestone in the future, they’ll probably just not get a chest.

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Probably they are working on difference system to garantee HoM rewards who has the right points (legitimately) to get these.

Dunno if technically a roll back (to erase titles/ap) is possible, anet evaluate this for sure.

Banning people is impossible because hundreds of players didn’t know about this bug and simply they were creating a new character for multiple reasons.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I guess they could delete the achievements/titles and recreate them exactly again. So all people who legitimately have the HoM points and a linked account would gain the new achievements.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: rhael.6317

rhael.6317

Tell that to the victims of Snowflakegate.

Leafy Lemon of Unrepentant [Uey]
Stormbluff Isle Megaserver, PvX, US
www.unrepentantgaming.com

Posted by: AmFah.4389

AmFah.4389

Are you people serious? No one needs to get banned.
1:) Unlink all GW1 accounts
2:) Remove HoM reward skins, titles, and allow you to change to something else (the same way you can select stats or what kind of weapon you receive from chests, but with skins. They can also just revert the weapon back to its original form and comp us with transmutation stones to get the original skins we had) while they fix the issue
3:) Reduce the achievement points for the players who weren’t eligible for them until they can link their GW1 account and prove they got the points legit and disable players who relink their GW1 accounts from earning additional points if they unlocked the achievement already. Or just reset everyone’s HoM points back the appropriate number and anyone who relinks their account gets the points back.
4:) Disable the next achievement reward milestone for players who already received them due to the bump.

Nothing can be done about the gems, gold, and laurels though.

(edited by AmFah.4389)

Posted by: Raklorr.6872

Raklorr.6872

I’m not sure where the outcry (even if it is a minority) for banning players is coming from…

Players create characters for a wide range of reasons often. Banning players for simply ‘creating a character’ seems a bit extreme.

Let’s all relax while Anet gets this sorted out. They’re working on it, let’s just be patient.

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

i just tested it out and it didn’t work for me, so i’m assuming it got fixed?

Incursiön [iN]

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

People told me about it today and I thought it was a lie but checking my titles I now have it.

I dunno if it’s fixed yet but I made new characters a few days ago

Weird bug!

Magumer Ranger

Creatos Zel Ael.1936

Hey all,

Hello, Gaile? Can we please get some reassurance from the devs on what might happen so that this issue can die down and those who are affected know at least what they can do?

For example can we still continue on playing the game without losing any progress?

:)

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Tell that to the victims of Snowflakegate.

Precisely what I was thinking

But anyway, I think that in this case it would require a lot of manual effort to decide who actually abused this and who just happened to create a new char (and be it only for key-farming) by chance. They would basically have to check chat-logs and whatever on individual basis to see if the person somehow learned of this beforehand and acted with ill intentions, but even then you cannot be sure as the information could have been obtained from outside of the game once it got viral.

As much as I would love to see offenders being punished, at this point I’m just happy if they sort out the whole mess by reverting unjustified AP and title unlocks.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Yes, it is really that simple. Just open up a command prompt and type:

do diff;
do roll back;
execute;

And it will all be fixed.

“It’s never easy.” D. Hunt.

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

“Fixed a client crash that occurred when attempting to enter the Hall of Monuments. Hall of Monuments rewards are temporarily disabled.”

So you fixed this crash and just pretty much disabled it. I must say, great fix; just disable it.

Hope they’ll be enabled soon and not stay in this state because of not caring.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They disabled them because of the bug where people were randomly getting GWAMM without even having a GW1 account linked.

Posted by: Rifled Yolks.2097

Rifled Yolks.2097

its cause of the 39 HoM points people were able to cheat and get over the last few days. So Anet shut it down until they can roll back all the cheaters HoM points lol and to stop them from getting skins they didn’t earn.

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

Alright then, thanks for clearing that up!

Hope they’ll fix it soon.