Instant death in a specific location

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

When I hit a certain spot in the Fireheart Rise map, I get hit with a few hundred thousands of damage, instantly killing me. The first time it happened, I got hit twice even though the first one killed me right away. I decided to go back to see if it would happen again since I’ve been having issues with my internet connection all day, but it happened in the exact same spot.

It’s an easily reachable spot, I wasn’t near a map edge or invisible wall or anything.

I brought it up in chat, and some other people said they’d had the same problem, but didn’t say where. They did agree it seems like a Fireheart Rise thing right now, though.

I took a screen shot of my exact location. I went from Keeper’s Waypoint and leapt across the gap toward some deer to look down on the camp at Shadow Cleft. It was when I went up the little slope behind a tree along the edge that I died, both times.

Attachments:

Posted by: LaidGenie.3259

LaidGenie.3259

I am having the same issue but i have had this occur at different places within the Fireheart Rise Map, i have also have enemies and npc’s just disappear. I have put two bug report and now whilst typing this my character has just been healed and is standing up again.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

same thing happening to me. Have died outwith taking any damage I can see. Also was doing a vista no where near water and all of a sudden my trident was in play while i was on land. Logged out back in and found I fell through the map. And ended up in no mans land. Only thing different for me is I bought the HoT yesterday noticed it also changed my GW2 account number.

Attachments:

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Firehart rise is a disaster this morning, unfortunately it’s also the zone I decided to do map completion on 5 of my toons. there’s periods of 10 second lag, insta death for no reason and long periods of no mobs at all on the map (30 secs to 1 min) followed by appearing inside of walls across the zone. Someone seriously needs to take a look at this zone.

If any reps from Anet doubt any of this i would challenge them to log into the zone and try to complete a heart or just spend 5 minutes on the map.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: frenzynoise.4892

frenzynoise.4892

Same thing happened to me yesterday, and today it’s also happening in EotM. It’s becoming very annoying as I keep spawning back at the safe zone.

Posted by: Dark Aurora.9475

Dark Aurora.9475

I had this same thing happen to me a couple days ago in Plains of Ashford. Just minding my own business, and boom, insta dead. I checked my damage log but saw nothing.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

This happened to me yesterday in Fields of Ruin. I was walking along and died. No damage log. What was interesting to me was that I had to zone out to reach a waypoint although there was a waypoint nearby. (that I had not discovered) When I returned the waypoint had moved to the exact spot I died. It was not in the spot where I was heading.

It was Rosko’s Campsite Waypoint.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Silentstep.3198

Silentstep.3198

So Fireheart Rise seems to be a fun map to be in right now, randomly dying to nothing, game forcing me to use aquatic weapons on the land, everything in the world but my character disappearing, logging out then back in to end up in no mans land falling but not falling at the same time into nothing, gathering nodes not working,

Attachments: