Interface takes forever to load!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I don’t know what has been changed about the way the game loads, but interface elements take forever to appear. I could head into Lion’s Arch, open my bank tab, and it would be invisible for a full 5 to 10 minutes. I think that’s a bit long for a window to load.

Attachments:

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes. I think many interfaces/maps started having problems loading about the time of PvE culling removal? Maybe a bit later. I wish it would get fixed.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yes, I have been experiencing that for some weeks now. A few mins after logging on all windows would appear without a background for a few secs or mins (yes, I would see the world behind it). E.g. When opening my inventory it would show only contours and numbers for stacked items but no icon or backgrounds. I’ll take a snapshoot next time it occurs.

shadow.6174

And this snapshot shows clearly what I meant on a previous post. So soon I logged on my UI was this way, I even opened Inventory and I just got text and contours, no backgrounds at all. It remained that way for about 10 secs or so.

Attachments:

shadow.6174

Btw, this one may be related too. After a few mins logged on I opened map and I got a black screen as background. Only icons and text over a black area. It remained that way for about 1 min and minimap appeared the same way.

Attachments:

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

A black map, or a low res map happens to me a lot lately as well. It can take really long for the high res map to load.

shadow.6174

Yes, I have experienced it too. At times map loads blurred and takes a while to appear fully rendered.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

So it’s not just me! Yes, I get the see-through inventory and the blurry map and minimap. I haven’t changed my hardware or my game settings other than an audio tweak to hear dialogue better (which now echos as if on a sound stage, but that’s another issue). I have high speed internet, high game settings, and never used to have any load issues at all.

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

same here and my pc specs are far beyond optimal

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Had this start happening as well. Very annoying.

Posted by: Ollaff.6128

Ollaff.6128

This happens to me as well, and even happens after the originally launching. A couple of my drops from the world boss looked invisible unless i moused over them. Also my map seems to take a long time to become high res, this is not an internet connectivity issue.

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Same with me. If I want to make it to a planned event with my guild I now have to join extra early so my UI will load in time.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Posted by: Piper halliwell w.6578

Piper halliwell w.6578

I have the same problem everyday!!!!

shadow.6174

Yeah, the “see-through” inventory or other UI (even worse with bank) issue seems be a daily issue for me >.<

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

I had this again yesterday (in fact I get it 100% of the time when I log in).

However, I’ve now also found that even if I’ve been playing for hours, the first time I visit the mystic forge during the session the mystic forge UI also takes about 1 full minute to load. It seems pretty ridiculous.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’ve been lately having this issue with all interface elements now. Often I would load into Lion’s Arch, and the city would have loaded long before the rest of the game loads. So even the most basic interface elements are still invisible. No skill bar, no options at the top, no map, health bar or stamina bar. It takes a few minutes for those things to appear.

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

shadow.6174

Yes, it’s noted to be even worse on Lion’s Arch (where I’m even used to have environment render issues). At times even the skill bar and chat background loads mins later I logged on.

I’ve now also found that even if I’ve been playing for hours, the first time I visit the mystic forge during the session the mystic forge UI also takes about 1 full minute to load.

Yes, it takes long to load each very first time you use one of the UI. E.g,: if you would use Trading Post or even Guild panel hours after you logged on, the first time you get on these windows they would appear with no background. I have seen it happen even with individual inventory items. Yesterday I bought an item from Laurel merchant and its icon took about 1 min to appear, even though my inventory and whole UI already was fully loaded.

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Same for me several updates ago.. map and UI loading too long after logging in or map swapping.

(edited by dennie.9237)

shadow.6174

I think I found a cause or even a workaround for this issue.. fragmentation. Recently I have defragmented specifically the file GW2.dat (I used a software that allows me to defrag a specific file) and after that when I started GW2 again the UI loaded very fast, even world map took about 1 sec to render, the windows loaded immediately. So, it may be the reason as well it can be some workaround for those having this badly.

(edited by shadow.6174)