Inventory window won't keep size

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

My inventory window is getting resized to be 14 slots wide each time restart the client. This started happening when I added 3 more shared inventory slots (now have 14). Could this please be made to stay the way I resize it, rather than always reset?

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s a bug that keeps resurfacing, no matter how many times it gets fixed. Usually, it will show up for awhile, then go away, then show back up…regardless if it’s ‘fixed’ or not.

I saw it back on my account for 1 instance, a couple of days ago, then it was gone, again. /shrug

Good luck.

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

For me it also started to happen on every client start. Really annoying if you ask me.
It used to be that it only happen every once in a while but not anymore >.<

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: Bazinga.6289

Bazinga.6289

I know this was a problem before and was added in the known issue tracker list, i checked the list and is marked as solved on may 20th but i still have the problem. Everytime i log on i need to readjust the size of my inventory. I wonder if anyone else still have the problem.
I use for settings windowed fullscreen mode 1920×1080, interface size small (dont know if this has something to do with the problem). I already reported the bug via in-game tool.
Sorry for my english is not my 1st language.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I can confirm that this bug is still alive and well. My inventory is not anywhere near the right hand side of my 1920×1080 screen, but it will resize, or shall I say shrink, by one column on the right each time the client is restarted.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Nagiil.1230

Nagiil.1230

Same problem here

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Sorry you guys are still having trouble.

Each time ANet has “fixed” this, it’s gotten better for a lot of people, but remained bugged for others. For example, I used to have this through several releases and “fixes” and then about six months ago it stopped happening and I haven’t seen it since.

The root cause is apparently difficult to track down (although I’m not sure why, since in theory the technique for ‘remembering’ has existed since long before the first Mac was produced: save the position of a corner + the width + height, for each resolution).

There are a couple of tricks that people have tried and you might have luck with them:

• change the resolution and/or the interface size, move & resize the window, change it all back.
  • Move and resize the inventory window so that it’s right edge goes over the right edge of the screen. Exit the game and restart. Restore the window to its desired position.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I got this, again, about a week ago (or less) once. Changed my inventory screen back to its preferred size, and have not seen it since.

No idea why it comes (occasionally) and goes. /shrug

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I used to get this problem A LOT, I don’t and haven’t for years since I resized all my alts bags to be the same width accross. Don’t know if any of you have tried this.

Kitten.

KyreneZA.8617

I used to get this problem A LOT, I don’t and haven’t for years since I resized all my alts bags to be the same width accross. Don’t know if any of you have tried this.

It cost me 230 gold (for the runes) plus mats, but upgrading to 20 slot bags in all the inventory slots on all my characters finally seems to have put this bug to rest for me.

I wonder if I should send a Support Ticket asking for a refund of the gold?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…

(edited by KyreneZA.8617)

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It cost me 230 gold (for the runes) plus mats, but upgrading to 20 slot bags in all the inventory slots on all my characters finally seems to have put this bug to rest for me.

Since the problem is entirely unrelated to the size of your bags, I don’t think that’s a good idea.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I still have this bug happen to me all the time, but it has become predictable lately.

Every single time I log on, my inventory window loses a column. I put it right again, and I’m good for that playing session. I can switch characters and do whatever I want and the inventory stays fixed. It doesn’t happen at all anymore until I completely exit the game client. But every time I start up the game again, the column is gone again. Every. Single. Time.

I know it’s being worked on, I can tell from the changing behavior every few updates. So, I hope this information is useful in tracking down the problem.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Since the problem is entirely unrelated to the size of your bags, I don’t think that’s a good idea.

Just posting what worked for me, by going through each character and adjusting the width of the inventory window to be the same on each character. Bag slot size indeed doesn’t matter.
I didn’t fork out for 20-slot bags. Some characters have 18 slot bags one or two have 15 slot bags.

Kitten.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Odd. I did absolutely nothing, but adjust (back) to the previous size before the bug hit. Haven’t seen it again in weeks. And, that’s what I do every time it appears, every few to several months.

It seems completely random when it appears, and what makes it ‘fixed’. /shrug

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

That’s a veeeeeeeery old bug and devs seem to not be able to reproduce it :/ There was a big thread (with dev responses) about it a while back: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Inventory-Window-changing-size-alone/4980931. I even posted there some tests and investigation about what could be causing it.

KyreneZA.8617

In your opinion.

As a matter of fact, in my specific case I upgraded the bags from 18-slots to 20-slots on only three characters to start, but still experienced the bug. This despite doing everything else suggested in this thread before and after that initial upgrade. It was only after upgrading all the bag slots on all my characters that the bug went away. It has also stayed away since, so I guess ~200 gold was a “small price to pay” to rid me of something that would never be fixed.

Recently returned to…

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I hope for your sake, it never visits you again. We’ll never know.

It’s been fixed a few times, but then another patch will bring it back. It affects a few, but not all, and not always the same players. Also, for some, it fixes itself, and for others, not so much. Though, the posts about it come in waves, so if it was ‘never fixed’, I would expect it would be mentioned regularly.

It must be mostly gone, again, as there are very few posts about it over the last 2-3 weeks.

It’s an odd bug.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In your opinion.

As a matter of fact, in my specific case I upgraded the bags from 18-slots to 20-slots on only three characters to start, but still experienced the bug. This despite doing everything else suggested in this thread before and after that initial upgrade. It was only after upgrading all the bag slots on all my characters that the bug went away. It has also stayed away since, so I guess ~200 gold was a “small price to pay” to rid me of something that would never be fixed.

If by “my opinion” you mean that there are lots of examples of people who have not upgraded bags & are no longer experiencing the issue and some who have upgraded who still are, then sure, it’s just my opinion that the issue transcends bag size.

Knock yourself out if you want to try to get ANet to pay you for your decision to spend 200 gold to upgrade your own bags.