Invisible status not really invisible

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mech.6579

Mech.6579

So i know its not the biggest bug but its annoying when trying to avoid people who are harassing you, and that is that the invisible status doesn’t really make it so people can’t see when your online or offline due to the face that if you are in their “friends list” even if they are blocked and they scroll over your name it will say what map you are in even if you are invisible. Also is there anyway that when you “block” a person you won’t show up on their chat or even as a character on the map. I’m just fine if that goes both ways.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So i know its not the biggest bug but its annoying when trying to avoid people who are harassing you, and that is that the invisible status doesn’t really make it so people can’t see when your online or offline due to the face that if you are in their “friends list” even if they are blocked and they scroll over your name it will say what map you are in even if you are invisible. Also is there anyway that when you “block” a person you won’t show up on their chat or even as a character on the map. I’m just fine if that goes both ways.

We’ve been asking for this since before launch.

What’s changed since launch:

• Invisible can no longer see or type in /guild chat.
  • Invisible now shows “last logon” as the last time you were visible, not the last timed logged on.

What people still want to see:

• Invisible doesn’t show location to anyone, friends, guildies, and especially not /blocked — location should always be “offline” whether via list or mouse-over.
  • Invisible doesn’t show a yellow dot for the currently-repped guild.
  • /blocked can never see any status of invisible, including location, AP, or any aspect of the account.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mech.6579

We’ve been asking for this since before launch.

What’s changed since launch:

• Invisible can no longer see or type in /guild chat.
  • Invisible now shows “last logon” as the last time you were visible, not the last timed logged on.

What people still want to see:

• Invisible doesn’t show location to anyone, friends, guildies, and especially not /blocked — location should always be “offline” whether via list or mouse-over.
  • Invisible doesn’t show a yellow dot for the currently-repped guild.
  • /blocked can never see any status of invisible, including location, AP, or any aspect of the account.

welp sadly I’ll probably have to wait for something like what you’ve suggested to happen before i can start playing guild wars again.

Posted by: Whitefang.4968

Whitefang.4968

I want to add one more thing to this list, its about WvW.

in World VS World, we are protected from the enemy knowing our name by showing our wvw rank, but people can just block a person by clicking their image and then check name, unblock and whisper. i believe in wvw blocking should be disabled or any other fix thats appropriate

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

welp sadly I’ll probably have to wait for something like what you’ve suggested to happen before i can start playing guild wars again.

Oh? What’s preventing you from playing?

(Feel free to PM me if you prefer not to discuss it publicly.)

The reason I ask is that it’s possible that Customer Service can help, if someone is targeting you. (If it’s more generic, there are perhaps some in-game tools I can discuss with you that might help.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

On that note, Invisible is still broken and will occasionally flip back to ‘online’ when you logged out invisible and log back in some time later.

Mech.6579

Oh? What’s preventing you from playing?

(Feel free to PM me if you prefer not to discuss it publicly.)

The reason I ask is that it’s possible that Customer Service can help, if someone is targeting you. (If it’s more generic, there are perhaps some in-game tools I can discuss with you that might help.)

The whole problem with the whole targeting me thing is this person’s friends are good people and i don’t want them to suffer if he was forced to leave so i figured the best way around it is if i can block him and make myself invisible.