Invulnerable Underwater Enemies?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rarutos.9463

Rarutos.9463

Ocassionally, as I fight underwater (I mean strictly in PvE, haven’t even played any PvP yet myself), enemies suddenly become invulnerable and then start healing as if I’m not attacking them. Afterwards, I’m usually able to attack and kill them just fine, but it’s happened quite a few times and is a bit irritating. Is anyone else having this issue? It’s not just me, is it?

(edited by Rarutos.9463)

Posted by: Daedin.7185

Daedin.7185

If they are downed, and swim to the surface, this can happen.

Posted by: moonslightv.6704

moonslightv.6704

Underwater isn’t the only place you will find this. I came across a few enemies all over both land and in the water that will become invulnerable, or they will start off normal then reset to invulnerable, or they will stand there and not attack and be invulnerable, etc.
This is common in MMO’s, I see it all the time, hopefully Anet will find them these enemies and fix them eventually

Posted by: Rarutos.9463

Rarutos.9463

Oh, I should have made myself clear that I meant this strictly in PvE. I haven’t even played any WvW or PvP yet.

Posted by: moonslightv.6704

moonslightv.6704

Yep thats where I am finding them is PVE

Posted by: Xavanteex.8064

Xavanteex.8064

Yes happens quite alot and it’s a bit annoying when it’s up against veterans since you want all your life and this sort of bug is just life draining.

Posted by: grimpiggy.6301

grimpiggy.6301

From my experience if you attack an enemy with any form of ranged attack from somewhere they are unable to get to this will happen.
One example would be somewhere you need to jump in order to get to.
Another would be standing plank of wood going from one ledge to another.
And as far as I know this only happens with enemys that use melee.

Hyleks for the win.

Posted by: Darabolok.1803

Darabolok.1803

This only happened to me with mobs like crabs and scales which had the “regenerates health” ability. Players also has abilities that makes them invulnerable for a short time, so I thought it is their skill. For the crabs, it even have a unique animation, the crab goes back to its snail house, while doing this. Becomes invulnerable and a regeneration boon appears on it. After the boon wears off, the mob is attack-able again.

Do you experience it with other type of mobs too?

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

Yes, happened to me as well. Suddenly became invulnerable when i fight the enemies underwater

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I already started a thread about this exact problem, and how it was being exploited in pvp to become invulnerable.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Q Summoner.6824

Q Summoner.6824

Lol I thought that was one of their skills O.o

Posted by: Bobby.1279

Bobby.1279

It seems to happen when you kite the mob too far away from their spawning place.

Posted by: Disciplyne.3146

Disciplyne.3146

I’ve had this happen with Tuna, sometimes Krait and undead in Caledon, the latter two even on land. I’ve observed that sometimes they have intersected with an object in surrounding environment, much like MOB in other games that get stuck in objects and become un-targetable or invulnerable. Other times, the lag means I’m casting on them at one location where the game server and the client on my computer are slightly out of sync. That’s pretty common on crowded servers.

Posted by: Travleer.6301

Travleer.6301

This is very prevalent underwater where there should be no terrain (its 360 degree movement) to cause them to go into anti exploit mode, but they do anyways.

very infrequent on land when the mob has a clear path to you, but probably some minor terrain glitches on land cause this sometimes.