Is DS bugged?

Is DS bugged?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: FeralOne.1093

FeralOne.1093

DS runs have been failing alot lately. Sometimes due to server crashes. Sometimes due to that strange ending where we kill him and there’s a pause and then as we wait for cut-scene, we fail.

Both of these things happened in tonight’s run and it was just depressing. We recovered from the server crash (around 40 minutes in) with half our squad on another map — and they never came back. We rallied, communicated with each other, taxi’d folks in and ran around those pillars with 2 resets before making it to boss. It took nearly the entire 2 hours to finish this run, only to have it fail.

So is this a bug when u kill the boss, the islands are in good shape, and then suddenly you fail anyhow? Or is there something these maps are missing? Tonight our energy line bar for the islands (not sure what it’s called) was at 50%. The boss was at 0 and maybe 15 seconds later we fail.

If it’s not a a bug, then can anyone tell me what is happening? Or not happening? Thanks for your help.

Is DS bugged?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

it’s bugged. ANet hasn’t offered a fix yet. Either the search for the root cause is taking longer than expected or the solution affects a lot of mechanics and is tricky to implement (or both).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Is DS bugged?

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

it’s bugged. ANet hasn’t offered a fix yet. Either the search for the root cause is taking longer than expected or the solution affects a lot of mechanics and is tricky to implement (or both).

Well either way they better hurry up and sort it out. Or else people are going to start to think twice about throwing away 2 hours of their life for an event that has a random chance of failing regardless of what the player does.

Is DS bugged?

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

It’s definitely bugged. You know there is a basic problem with the coding when EVERY TIME YOU KILL Mordremoth, there is a long pause where either, you get the you killed him cut scene, or you get the laugh and get booted to a new map. Don’t expect a fix anytime soon, a lot of Devs have left Anet, that is a lot of dangling code that the new Devs have to sort through to figure out what is happening… The core code of this game is a mess, which is often what happens when the original coders leave and new ones take over… Same for all MMOs but GW2 does seem to be particularly buggy at this point…

Is DS bugged?

Posted by: FeralOne.1093

FeralOne.1093

TY all for the polite answers. I will shelf DS until this gets sorted out.

Is DS bugged?

Posted by: ratche.6204

ratche.6204

Don’t know if this has been posted here before but I was in Dragon Stand today and just as we finished the towers the map closed, I went to loading screen and everyone was kicked out before we started the fight with the dragon. There was about 25 minutes left on map timer, and it disappeared like normal right after the last tower fell but the map closed less than a minute later. People in map chat had been talking about the bug before it even happened so I’m sure it’s not an isolated event.

Is DS bugged?

Posted by: ratche.6204

ratche.6204

My bug was a little different, it happened as soon as we started fighting the dragon.