Is this a bug? Daily Fractals doubling up?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Baaneral.4057

Baaneral.4057

This has been a problem for me since this Daily Achievement system went into place. A few times each month, I get Daily Fractal and Daily Scaled Fractal on the same day. I thought the idea was to have four DIFFERENT options each day. I personally don’t care for fractals, so on these days I don’t get my 10 AP, which isn’t fair.

So is this a bug? I hope it can be fixed.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Sadly, no. It’s not a bug.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This has been a problem for me since this Daily Achievement system went into place. A few times each month, I get Daily Fractal and Daily Scaled Fractal on the same day. I thought the idea was to have four DIFFERENT options each day. I personally don’t care for fractals, so on these days I don’t get my 10 AP, which isn’t fair.

Bug? No. Fair? Arguably, since you can current do achievements in WvW or even PvP that are essentially player-vs-environment rather than -vs-player.

Should ANet change the current system to reduce the likelihood or event prevent this from happening? Absolutely, imo. I like fractals and will do them often for fun and I see no reason to impose my personal preference onto the entire community.

(That said, Baaneral, I hope you take the time to work with one of the dungeon or fractal experts who volunteer time to help people w/learning this part of the game.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

If you’re a PvE Only player you can do the following rather easily:
You can go to WvW and talk to the merchant to complete one of the dailies. Or walk up to a ruin WvW stand there for like 3 mins. Or go to the pvp room that says dailies only and complete your dailies there (they try not to kill people is what I was told).