Issue with Forum Appeals & E-mails

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hi all,

We discovered just yesterday that there has been an issue with Communications Team members not receiving e-mails and tickets. This problem seems to impact both individual mails sent to Forums@Arena.Net and responses to moderator messages to which a player would respond directly.

We apologize to anyone who has written us who has not received a reply. We respond to nearly every e-mail that we receive — well, except for those offers of herbal remedies or announcements of strange inheritances from distant princes.

It’s our objective to be as communicative and responsive as possible, and the current e-mail issue may have prevented that in some cases. Our objective is to answer questions and investigate appeals when they are submitted to us. Appeal reviews are conducted with care in order to confirm that the moderator decision was sound or to reverse it if the decision was made in error.

Both our IT and CS Teams are looking into the problem. We’re not sure if it stems from the e-mail system or the Zendesk “ticket” system because they are somewhat interconnected. However, we’ll get to the bottom of this issue so that future mails are answered as promptly and thoroughly as possible.

Thank you for your patience while we get this addressed!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

— well, except for those offers of herbal remedies or announcements of strange inheritances from distant princes.

LOL, I couldn’t resist laughing at it. I know right! I even have a plenty collection of those in a folder in my inbox :P Oh and thanks for letting us know about the issue.

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

What about the exploits@arena.net email-adress. Everytime I want to send something there, I receive an error that delivery was impossible. (last attempt a few days ago)

Does that e-mail adress still exist?

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

What about the exploits@arena.net email-adress. Everytime I want to send something there, I receive an error that delivery was impossible. (last attempt a few days ago)

Does that e-mail adress still exist?

As far as I can tell that email still exists. Possibly it’s suffering from the same issues mentioned by Gaile above.