Issue with targeting

Issue with targeting

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Battlecarrier.3914

Battlecarrier.3914

Okay so I’ve noticed several issues with targeting and I’m going to point out the biggest one that’s been driving me crazy. There appears to be a “lag” with the targeting.
For instance, if I pick a target and start casting within a couple seconds, my elementalist will fire a fireball into the ground as if I did not have a target selected (or start attacking a different target if I have autotargeting on!). The same “lag” applies to switching targets (and untargeting) I will change my target just to continue firing at the other one.

Also, sometimes my character will just STOP autoattacking while strafing. I don’t know if that’s actually got anything to do with it.

(edited by Battlecarrier.3914)

Issue with targeting

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Okay so I’ve noticed several issues with targeting and I’m going to point out the biggest one that’s been driving me crazy. There appears to be a “lag” with the targeting.
For instance, if I pick a target and start casting within a couple seconds, my elementalist will fire a fireball into the ground as if I did not have a target selected (or start attacking a different target if I have autotargeting on!). The same “lag” applies to switching targets (and untargeting) I will change my target just to continue firing at the other one.

I don’t know about that part, but…

Also, sometimes my character will just STOP autoattacking while strafing. I don’t know if that’s actually got anything to do with it.

This could have something to do with range. I’ve noticed that my guardian stops attacking if I move out of range and starts again if I move back into range.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Issue with targeting

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Note also that if the foe is “behind” you then you will also stop auto-attacking.

Issue with targeting

Posted by: Battlecarrier.3914

Battlecarrier.3914

I don’t know about that part, but…

This could have something to do with range. I’ve noticed that my guardian stops attacking if I move out of range and starts again if I move back into range.

Nah I was definitely in range, using a staff against a Son of Svanir that was throwing axes, IIRC the staff has a good 300 range on the axes so I had plenty of room for error in that regard. I also definitely had to push the autoattack button to get it to start again.

Issue with targeting

Posted by: Midnight.9205

Midnight.9205

This bug is something I’ve been seeing (target one creature, yet attack another) for quite some time – I mention this to highlight the fact that it’s not a “new” bug as such.

That said, I have noticed is becoming more prevalent recently.

Issue with targeting

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

do you use the right mouse button for camera? theres a tendency for targets to be dropped/changed by right button use. The worst is Anet KNOW about it (-just add it to the long list of bugs that they are aware of).
personally i find bugs annoying – the trouble is a lot of the things wrong with the game go beyond bugs (I would call them major game flaws). I spend a lot less time playing gw2 now – not because i can’t, but because i dont want to. . .why should i spend my time playing a game that frustrates me (when it shouldnt)?

Issue with targeting

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

And, why, when using ANY ranged weapon, does a character (out of the blue) just start attacking ANYTHING in range (rabbits, mosquitos, deer) while ignoring the actual FOES that are attacking you!! I can’t begin to count the times that I’ve targeted a Dredge (for example) but the AI actually attacked a doe and ignored the Dredge totally. (NO “right click” issue, no “autoattack” issue). Something is haywire in the AI’s “targeting” code.

Issue with targeting

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

And, why, when using ANY ranged weapon, does a character (out of the blue) just start attacking ANYTHING in range (rabbits, mosquitos, deer) while ignoring the actual FOES that are attacking you!! I can’t begin to count the times that I’ve targeted a Dredge (for example) but the AI actually attacked a doe and ignored the Dredge totally. (NO “right click” issue, no “autoattack” issue). Something is haywire in the AI’s “targeting” code.

Perhaps they were caught in the crossfire?

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Issue with targeting

Posted by: Intuos.3210

Intuos.3210

I have the same problem. I’ll be fighting something and accidentally get a bunch of Moas involved because either my kitten pet chooses to attack them or I fire at them even though I’m aiming at an enemy.

Human Ranger – Crystal Desert