Issue with unique items

Issue with unique items

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Riko.9214

Riko.9214

Well I do not really think it’s a bug there but it is completely ridicules.

I’m a casual player and to acquire 1 ascended item I need to make daylies for almost a month. I have only one character because with one month for ascended it’s impossible for me to equip more.

I’m now playing for 3-4 month in total and today was able to buy my second ascended ring and what a nice surprise when I figured out I can not equip it with another one I have because they are the same…

So if it’s supposed to be so unique that I can not equip two simultaneously, then why

1) There is no big warning about this nice feature when I buy it? (also in properties it says “unique” without any explanation)

2) Why am I able to have 2 same “unique” items in my inventory simultaneously?

PS.
May be one should not be able to buy another same “unique” item if he already has such soul-bound item for the char he is trying to by it with?

Just frustrating 1 month of daylies for nothing….

(edited by Riko.9214)

Issue with unique items

Posted by: kinetik.8679

kinetik.8679

this isnt the correct place to be posting this.

and to be fair, there is plenty of warning, the ‘Unique’ tag is enough warning, being described as "alone, singular ", you can have as many unique items in inventory as you want, it just means you cannot equip more than 1 of the same item at a time.

Issue with unique items

Posted by: Liet Talen.7284

Liet Talen.7284

Although I do sympathize with you concerning the wasted time, there is information available concerning the game. People just need to read it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unique

Issue with unique items

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

‘Unique’ is also a pretty standard MMO term, beyond the wiki and other sources having this information.

That being said, I really do wish token bought items… heck, even Karma bought would have a ‘sellback’ refund period.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Issue with unique items

Posted by: Riko.9214

Riko.9214

Well what’s done that’s done. But I still don’t see any reason for that property to be there at the first place… Not very experienced with MMO and didn’t even know it’s possible (don’t see single reason for such limitation)

Just thought for the sake of new players Anet might do the warning more obvious.