Issues with Grawl Firestone, Suet [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Done with the story got a firesstone, the day after bought a firestone but today the vendor wasent sellling! Did the heart event, even made that offering to the grawl god, but still nothing. Irritated becouse I can’t finish the meta achi (need to enter bittercold, larva achi).

“Death is just another path”

(edited by EKAN.4051)

Posted by: maelstorm.6074

maelstorm.6074

I have a question: should suet drop for my other characters, not one completed the story?

Posted by: maelstorm.6074

maelstorm.6074

Same question about firestone. I’ve completed heart with another char and can’t see stone

Posted by: Must Kill.3826

Must Kill.3826

Same issue here

Posted by: BaltazarBlake.1983

BaltazarBlake.1983

Same Here Fix it pls !!

Posted by: Wizard.6829

Wizard.6829

After testing we found currently the only way to get the cold protect again after completing the story is to start it over again and work your way to the second mission. Which means unfortunately you have to do the Aurene mission each time you want to go back to the cold area. Ugh If you find another way let me know.

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

So since i decided to take another toon through this because the first is bugged and I do not want to do the first part over and over. How do I stop this bug recurring on the 2nd toon, I got as far as collecting items, but as yet to make the elixir, the fire stone shows up on vendor but im worried to continue as I have not found this story fun so I really dont want to have to keep repeating.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

The bug only occurred when I restarted the story to get the achievements done. No idea if that caused it, but another friend now has the same problem.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

So. I finished the story and the journal closed: Heart Vendor sells Grawl Firestones. Restarted story to do an achievement in the last instance. Heart vendor stopped selling the stones. Closed story again. Vendor still sells no grawl firestones.

Suggestion: last story instance should give a soulbound elixer or permanent firestone or something. In case of an unlimited uses firestone players still have to go to the geyser, but no longer need to worry about the grawls.

Heibi.4251

So. I finished the story and the journal closed: Heart Vendor sells Grawl Firestones. Restarted story to do an achievement in the last instance. Heart vendor stopped selling the stones. Closed story again. Vendor still sells no grawl firestones.

Suggestion: last story instance should give a soulbound elixer or permanent firestone or something. In case of an unlimited uses firestone players still have to go to the geyser, but no longer need to worry about the grawls.

Or just make the firestone always available on the vendor instead of story based to avoid bug.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Ditto, just to purchase it with an alt. Firestone is not available to purchase. Not I am getting any more suet drops on my main or an alt.

just make it available as an account bound perm after story completion

Heibi.4251

Ditto, just to purchase it with an alt. Firestone is not available to purchase. Not I am getting any more suet drops on my main or an alt.

just make it available as an account bound perm after story completion

Yes, the suet drop is another problem as well. I’ve kill hundreds of enemies that are supposed to drop them and haven’t gotten a single one since the bug hit me.

Posted by: Sali.8076

Sali.8076

I have same problem.

For ppl who just need map completion for another characters without doing story on each character – you can reach last POI in “The bitter cold” just use Thermal tube on the north of “Dragons teeth hot springs”. This tube does shoot you under waterfall close to the Mastery point in the cold zone, just fast jump down for POI and die on the frost But you will have Map completion.

For ppl who need this for daily use – take your main character again to the story. After what you reach story to the point where grawl got to you free Grawl firestone, you can buy more pieces at Warming Sun heart-vendor. I already bought 50 pcs for future progress right this way. Nothing against Anet but I know how long time can take this issue solve. But very important is buy Grawl firestones during this story line, after what you already cooked elixir and finished story line Warming Sun no longer will have this item in the inventory!

For ppl which needs achievements – unfortunately, the only way how working in the Cold zone is do it again through story with new elixir. Notice that elixir working whole day until daily server restart, so start as soon as possible during day or buy more Firestones during story line.

Hope it helps and bug will be fixed asap.

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

There should be a way to make this buff permanent.

Blude.6812

I have same problem.

For ppl who just need map completion for another characters without doing story on each character – you can reach last POI in “The bitter cold” just use Thermal tube on the north of “Dragons teeth hot springs”. This tube does shoot you under waterfall close to the Mastery point in the cold zone, just fast jump down for POI and die on the frost But you will have Map completion.

For ppl who need this for daily use – take your main character again to the story. After what you reach story to the point where grawl got to you free Grawl firestone, you can buy more pieces at Warming Sun heart-vendor. I already bought 50 pcs for future progress right this way. Nothing against Anet but I know how long time can take this issue solve. But very important is buy Grawl firestones during this story line, after what you already cooked elixir and finished story line Warming Sun no longer will have this item in the inventory!

For ppl which needs achievements – unfortunately, the only way how working in the Cold zone is do it again through story with new elixir. Notice that elixir working whole day until daily server restart, so start as soon as possible during day or buy more Firestones during story line.

Hope it helps and bug will be fixed asap.

? Was able to buy some stones with my main, but they are soul bound instead of account bound. Now this could be a quick and easy temporary fix for anet to implement (drop the soul bound lock) so I could use them with my alts. But since there are no suet drops, it really doesn’t matter at this point.

Posted by: Asher.1420

Asher.1420

i can’t believe they are still not doing anything to fix this!!! how are we supposed to finish the meta achievement if we can’t redo the bitter cold achievement because we can’t make the elixir.

Posted by: Sikhtar.6042

Sikhtar.6042

Still bugged. I’m on a char that completed the story, but can’t do the daily – Sun Warming simply doesn’t offer the Firestone to buy :-\

Posted by: actarus.8319

actarus.8319

Same issue here, I’m no longer able to buy the Grawl Firestone, it worked fine 2 days ago (with the same character).

Blude.6812

Still can’t buy using alts. Really not interested in replaying the story on my alts. Please fix.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Grey Ce.9052

Grey Ce.9052

bad enough its broken. worse is that they expect you to make a new potion every time you want to play in that area of the map.

Posted by: Pug.9784

Pug.9784

Bought a few Grawl stones the first day and thought it might be the problem of not showing for sale until I had used them all (ie… only one per day) but have none in inventory and still can’t but a Grawl stone… Don’t suppose for one minute that Anet will gift me the chest items I now cannot access because of this – As I really do not intend to bring another character into this area any time soon…
Love the area but there has been some really dumb bugs…

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

Yeah I can’t buy the stones either

Posted by: Maiya.5870

Maiya.5870

Same, not being able to buy the Grawl stone. I have opened a ticket on this, hopefully it will get solved soon :/

Posted by: Helle.8754

Helle.8754

Will we have a solution/estimated time on a fix soon?
Since it would be nice to know, instead of returning to the heart and do it everyday and just get disappointed when you see you still cannot buy the Firestone or have any Suet to drop.

//Helle//

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: blackhell.3829

blackhell.3829

No news about this bug ?
It’s a big issue for player who have this.

Posted by: CJay.7023

CJay.7023

My Fiance has had this problem all evening. He had all the sticks, suet and ice in his bag but nope, nothing. Finally, he gave up and relogged and voila!
Low-and-behold, here’s a Grawl Firestone just chilling out in his bag, with the required items for it gone. He didn’t do anything but relog, and it may seem like a silly thing to do, but it might be worth it considering it just worked for him! He’s also able to purchase them from Sun Warming now. He bought them in bulk hahaha.
Good luck guys!

Blude.6812

Too bad they are soulbound instead of account bound. My main can buy, but not my alts.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug that prevented players from purchasing grawl firestones when replaying the quest.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented frostbitten suet from dropping when replaying the quest.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to purchase multiple grawl firestones from the task region vendor.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to purchase more than three eggshells from the task region vendor.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to be trapped behind closing gates after looting reward chests.

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

Still doesn’t work Still cannot buy People are annoyed standing around npc right now and they summoned boxes of fun here. I am kittened too.

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Fixed a bug that prevented players from purchasing grawl firestones when replaying the quest.

Still broken.

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

Fix failed.

Unless “replaying the quest” means redoing the whole living story episode up to that point? Which would NOT be a reasonable way to fix your bug.

Easy fix : award one grawl firestone upon completion of the daily heart.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Also still not working for me.

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

This means I have to do the story all over again, day by day to get my firestones or me being stuck at certain point in the story, without ability to play other instances to get achievements there, because otherwise i’ll lose firestones.
Quite sad.

Edit: Why the collector inside the cave is still bugged and we cannot talk to him?

(edited by eNeRgOo.5463)

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

As far as I know there was no actual bug that kept people who were redoing that quest from buying firestones. The bug was that we could not get firestones without redoing the whole story up to that quest – over and over and over.

THAT BUG IS STILL THERE!!!!!

Posted by: Angmar.7453

Angmar.7453

Same here saw the patch ran to test it and nothing. Same as last night no suet either.

Posted by: remikit.7584

remikit.7584

Same issue – I got to the Chiblains section of the game – I died and now cannot get back. I tried regenerating the elixir (even down to going through the Grawl quest to get the firestone). They didn’t give another firestone and when I got to the heated pool, it said that I wasn’t ready. I can’t get back to kill the monster. Please help. I tried to submit this in game, but the bug system was greyed out.

I usually play with this avatar on the Living World. I would like to continue with her. I appreciate that this is a priority.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Just make it permanent once you do the story once. This whole quest is a dumb idea, given that there is nothing over in the bitter cold anyway. It and Wayward Caverns are essentially like those canyons in Dry top that only have to do with the story, except you didn’t wall these ones off for some reason.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Still bugged, sigh, back to work guys -.-

“Death is just another path”

Posted by: slayerking.3581

slayerking.3581

Not fixed here either, Another weird thing is it says 3 of 4 hearts were completed yet none were done. Did the grawl to see if fire stone there …. nope not there and still says 3 of 4. Did the svanir heart and it pops 4 of 4 yet 2 others were not done. I just don’t want to play this map.

Boogiepop Void.6473

Not fixed here either, Another weird thing is it says 3 of 4 hearts were completed yet none were done. Did the grawl to see if fire stone there …. nope not there and still says 3 of 4. Did the svanir heart and it pops 4 of 4 yet 2 others were not done. I just don’t want to play this map.

That’s map completion. Once you have done them they show as done for map completion purposes.

Posted by: slayerking.3581

slayerking.3581

That’s map completion. Once you have done them they show as done for map completion purposes.

Really thanks for that would never have known that if it wasn’t for you /sarcasm

I haven’t played the map for a few days it should be 0 of 4 they reset daily. Instead now I have a map with 2 hearts done but apparently I have completed them all with 2 not done, Do you get it now.

Posted by: barnabas j collins.2306

barnabas j collins.2306

Same issue – I got to the Chiblains section of the game – I died and now cannot get back. I tried regenerating the elixir (even down to going through the Grawl quest to get the firestone). They didn’t give another firestone and when I got to the heated pool, it said that I wasn’t ready. I can’t get back to kill the monster. Please help. I tried to submit this in game, but the bug system was greyed out.

I usually play with this avatar on the Living World. I would like to continue with her. I appreciate that this is a priority.

In a pinch you can have a friend take the quest and pull you in. Once in the story instanve you do not need the elixer effect active.

Blude.6812

Can’t buy with my alts, only with my main. I really don’t care to redo the story with my all my alts because of this oversight. Just make the firestone account bound.

Posted by: Sneek.6504

Sneek.6504

Just wanted to chime in and tell that the bugs regarding the suet and the firestone are not fixed, suet still doesn’t drop and the firestone won’t appear in the vendor list.

Posted by: wiseone amys.6042

wiseone amys.6042

post 11/28/patch patch and tried to restart story on another character and still no suet drops nor being able to get Firestone with redoing hearts ( all 4)

Boogiepop Void.6473

Still not fixed. Just make it permanent once you do the story once, maybe as a 1 point mastery. This whole repeatable quest is a dumb idea, given that there is nothing over in the bitter cold anyway and it clogs your inventory. Bitter Cold and Wayward Caverns are essentially like those canyons in Dry Top that only have to do with the story, except you didn’t wall these ones off for some reason.

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

I still have the same problem, the patch did not change anything for me.

Posted by: Sikhtar.6042

Sikhtar.6042

Same for me, still can’t buy the firestone after completing the heart. Suet doesn’t drop either.

Unless this is intentional, which means we have to replay the chapter in order to complete the daily (seems an odd decision to tie a daily with a specific story chapter, but still… if that’s the case, I didn’t test it).

Posted by: Nafets.1238

Nafets.1238

Still broken, can’t buy the firestone.

Posted by: Art.8961

Art.8961

this is so disapointing, i hate this bug, now im restarting my story and doing everything again just for 1 achievment wich i lack, 1 achievment…….. why they cant make this firestone to let buy for everyone