Issues with Grawl Firestone, Suet [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: amidare.9561

amidare.9561

It’s still bugged. I do expect that the item is available if I did story, no matter what. I am not going to repeat story mode second time because something doesn’t work as it should. Please fix it so item show to character if that character finished story and even if the story was restarted later as it’s main issue here I suppose.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

The problem here is that the Elixir creation is a DAILY in the zone. Also, the elixir is required to go into the freezing zone without which you die very fast.

So here is the problem – the programmers fix one part of the issue while neglecting the whole other part. What needs to be done is to have it unlocked from the story itself. You can’t have a daily “You must start the story over EVERY day just to get the daily done” daily.

Please fix this issue soon. Very soon. Separate it from the story requirement, period.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

The bug’s still there. I get no suet drops nor can I buy the firestone nor does the grawl offer me one upon building this ugly thing for him.

I “restarted” and “continued” the story several times and tested over with that, but that didn’t change anything.

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

ah well I’m glad I read all this.. I will hold off completing the story for now.

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: Pug.9784

Pug.9784

loaded update and still no Suet drops and Grawl stone not showing up for purchase… Why have a “daily” listed that people cannot complete??? Another missed chest and berries…

(edited by Pug.9784)

Posted by: ludwik.2439

ludwik.2439

It’s still bugged.

Posted by: Helle.8754

Helle.8754

I still have the same issue, patch did not do anything for me.

//Helle//

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

still bugged 15char

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Meczyciel.5348

Meczyciel.5348

Same here. Sun Warming doesn’t sale Grawl Firestone and other items don’t drop at all. Give for players who completed story some pernament item or mastery. If you can’t fix it, delete it! It will be faster and easier. I am quite annoyed, I need only 2 achievements for gloves and still cannot finish them.

Posted by: slayerking.3581

slayerking.3581

This is what I meant (see pic) It says I have done all 4 hearts but I have actually done none. Maybe you guys should check if it’s the same on yours, As I think this may have something to do with it.

Attachments:

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

Still unable to buy a firestone

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted by: Goatfish.5082

Goatfish.5082

cant buy it. a week later and you still havent fixed it. great job

Pug.9784

This is what I meant (see pic) It says I have done all 4 hearts but I have actually done none. Maybe you guys should check if it’s the same on yours, As I think this may have something to do with it.

I believe this is mentioned in the update notes… Many players, including myself, preferred “hearts” and therefore map completion staying at 100% after Anet started using “hearts” as “dailies” with LS3.

As in Ember Bay many players seemed to moan about " map completion" disappearing after map completion…
Hope that made sense..

Pug.9784

Still bugged – No Grawl stone or Suet..

slayerking.3581

I believe this is mentioned in the update notes… Many players, including myself, preferred “hearts” and therefore map completion staying at 100% after Anet started using “hearts” as “dailies” with LS3.

As in Ember Bay many players seemed to moan about " map completion" disappearing after map completion…
Hope that made sense..

No, Look at the picture again. Let me help it says in the top corner 4 hearts of 4 hearts complete when if you look none are complete, To make it more clear I had not gone to that map for over 24 hours. Yesterday it was borked like that as well except it was 3 of 4 hearts complete and I hadn’t been in there for a few days, yet none of the hearts were done. The map is bugged out and still can’t buy the firestone.

(edited by slayerking.3581)

Pug.9784

Hope that made sense..

No, Look at the picture again. Let me help it says in the top corner 4 hearts of 4 hearts complete when if you look none are complete, To make it more clear I had not gone to that map for over 24 hours. Yesterday it was borked like that as well except it was 3 of 4 hearts complete and I hadn’t been in there for a few days, yet none of the hearts were done. The map is bugged out and still can’t buy the firestone.

Have you already map completed the area?
The actual hearts in BFF reset for everybody daily… But if you have map completed then the icon will show 4/4

Posted by: Sanka.6817

Sanka.6817

Still unable to buy a firestone…

Posted by: paul.8059

paul.8059

yesterday I played most of the day and no Suet drops now today same problem others are getting drops but I am not can’t get dailies done or achievements done because of it please help

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Hope that made sense..

The icons in the top left are the map completion icons. They show as 4/4 done because you’ve finished them once to get credit for the hearts on the map; those will always show as completed. The heart icons on the main part of the map will reset every day because they’re repeatable, which is why they’re shown as incomplete for you (since you hadn’t been in there to finish the tasks that day).

Posted by: icedfusion.6051

icedfusion.6051

Thought I’d add to the chain in a hope of a fix. Grawl firestone doesn’t appear and suet no longer drops. Maybe vendors should just sell the elixir after the story for lazy people XD

slayerking.3581

The icons in the top left are the map completion icons. They show as 4/4 done because you’ve finished them once to get credit for the hearts on the map; those will always show as completed. The heart icons on the main part of the map will reset every day because they’re repeatable, which is why they’re shown as incomplete for you (since you hadn’t been in there to finish the tasks that day).

I HAD NOT DONE THEM! I had only done the story, I only did the story on release day, Then did the grawl heart to get the stone the second day and I couldn’t buy it and it said 3 of 4 done when 1 of 4 were done. I left the map and came back to it 2 days ago and it said as it said the first day 3 of 4 done. I did the svanir heart and it clocked 100% map complete but still said 3 of 4 and I still can’t buy the stone.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I HAD NOT DONE THEM! I had only done the story, I only did the story on release day, Then did the grawl heart to get the stone the second day and I couldn’t buy it and it said 3 of 4 done when 1 of 4 were done. I left the map and came back to it 2 days ago and it said as it said the first day 3 of 4 done. I did the svanir heart and it clocked 100% map complete but still said 3 of 4 and I still can’t buy the stone.

If you do “just the story,” there’s a good chance you’ll finish the hearts.

As a reminder, Suet and such only drop when you’re on the story step that requires them.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Bob.7189

Bob.7189

My problem is different. I completed the story and bought extra firestones and have 50+ suet. Although I have all the materials, I get a message saying I am not ready when I attempt to brew the potion. I notice that I have a dot on me when I enter the area of the hot springs.

I went back and completed the hearts, but it didn’t make any difference. Got plenty of mats, but cannot brew the potion.

I didn’t restart the story, which shows as completed. What is really strange is that the next day after I completed the story I was able to brew the potion. Now I cannot. So I cannot get the insight.

Heibi.4251

Basically the best thing ANeT could do is to unlink the entire Elixir making quest from the story.

Posted by: wildflares.9732

wildflares.9732

I’ve done the story and everything.. even tried to re-do story but I’m getting two bug…

-Clumps of Frostbitten Suet are not dropping for me across Bitterfrost Froniter… killing any mob for hours.

-This heart npc Sun Warming doesn’t sell me Firestone upon complete heart.

What is going on Areanet….

Posted by: Sunapollo.9152

Sunapollo.9152

You are not alone! Same here.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you restart the story, you forget the recipe and lose access to its components. You have to replay the story from the first step to the point where you make the elixir again.

Ray Koopa.2354

It would just be great to buy the kitten elixir from the vendors after you completed the story.

Ray Koopa.2354

That’s not a bug. Anet recently changed the way those hearts work. If you did them once, the global map heart counter counts them as done forever. It was deemed as a bug it didn’t before.
If you do this with the Ember Bay ones too now, you’ll see the global map heart counter also sees them as done forever.

Posted by: Nereikia.3507

Nereikia.3507

Any news on the subject?

Posted by: ludwik.2439

ludwik.2439

Still unable to buy a firestone…

Posted by: Wander.5780

Wander.5780

This kind of thing should not be happening in a game that is 4+ years old.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I would like to thank Anet and it’s devs for all the valuable information, updates and assistance provided on this issue.

Heibi.4251

I would like to thank Anet and it’s devs for all the valuable information, updates and assistance provided on this issue.

I detect a little sarcasm here.

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

For now, Anet should just mail the ingredients or elixir whenever you enter the map. It would be a great quick fix. Still strange how something like this always bugs out…

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

For now, Anet should just mail the ingredients or elixir whenever you enter the map. It would be a great quick fix. Still strange how something like this always bugs out…

+1

“Death is just another path”

Posted by: OctopusX.7185

OctopusX.7185

Hey, is this getting fixed anytime soon??? And yes i do mind doing story again….

Posted by: Dravis.7681

Dravis.7681

Never had a problem with this bug prior to Tuesday’s patch. Went to Bitterfrost last night to do dailies (first time there since latest patch) and boom. Bugged. I can’t buy firestone. First time I’ve seen it happen.

Pug.9784

Still bugged – No Grawl stone or Suet..

Posted by: Livingston.8519

Livingston.8519

I agree this should be fixed. I got the same problem

Posted by: Zen Archer.1835

Zen Archer.1835

Both wife and I still have the same bug as mentioned here. No suet drops and no firestones for sale. So sad.

Posted by: fredi.4513

fredi.4513

i don’t get frosting suet drops
and I cant buy firestone
plss fix this

Posted by: darkangelseductions.3084

darkangelseductions.3084

Same here. Unable to purchase the stone or get the correct drops from anything. Please help!

Bella Valkari
[MUSA] – [CAIN]
Jade Quarry

Posted by: darkangelseductions.3084

darkangelseductions.3084

Same here. Unable to purchase the stone and unable to get the proper drops to make the elixir. Also unable to talk to the grawl vendor in the cave.

Edited to state about the vendor grawl.

Bella Valkari
[MUSA] – [CAIN]
Jade Quarry

(edited by darkangelseductions.3084)

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

I also have noticed that I cannot get fire stone on my guardian. I have all ready made it once on all my 9 character I have reactivated the quest chain to be able to try to get the slain the beasts quick achievement. not sure if this cause issue. I have also notice that some time I get the daily elixir rewards on different character. and those character are not even on the new map. something seams bug in this. do not know if the firestone bug and the daily elixir bug have something in common or not. or if those 2 issue are apart from one another. it will need some looking in to.

also I have notice that around 4 character did not receive any chest key on map completion. another bug? or you decided to not give key on map completion and after decided to give key back again?

(edited by stephanie wise.7841)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

also I have notice that around 4 character did not receive any chest key on map completion. another bug? or you decided to not give key on map completion and after decided to give key back again?

Keys are never a guaranteed drop for map completion. For non-city maps, you’ll always have a chance of either a transmutation charge or a black lion chest key (with a greater chance of getting a transmutation charge).

Posted by: lindydrew.9382

lindydrew.9382

Both myself and my husband started the story on Day 1 – got to the bitter cold “melt the waterfall” step and then had to log out for the evening. Now, neither of us can make the elixir, even with the items in our inventory (all freshly collected just in case). Because we never completed the story, we can’t restart it even if we wanted to. The hot spring just says “I’m not ready”.

Has anyone found a work around at all for people who never even completed the story in the first place? As I said, I still have access to the firestones/ suet etc from heart vendors, just can’t progress because the story is on the “Bitter Cold” step already.

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Still can’t buy grawl fire stone… -_-

Posted by: Daxo.4506

Daxo.4506

same for me can’t buy grawl firestone

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

Keys are never a guaranteed drop for map completion. For non-city maps, you’ll always have a chance of either a transmutation charge or a black lion chest key (with a greater chance of getting a transmutation charge).

well on each map completion I have always receive a black lion key. on all my character on all map. except this new map that I have received on 4 or 5 of my 9 character. the 4 or 5 other did not receive some. I done like 3 charector or 4 not sure then noticed my other one did not receive one then my last one received one.