Issues with Grawl Firestone, Suet [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: betafishy.7310

betafishy.7310

This seems to have been a problem for a while. Still not fixed. I finished the story on my main and then i restarted it for achievement purposes, but now I have to play all the way up to the potion part again to be able to buy the grawl firestone. Please fix that, it can’t be that we’re forced to replay the story everytime we want a firestone.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

also I have notice that around 4 character did not receive any chest key on map completion. another bug? or you decided to not give key on map completion and after decided to give key back again?

Keys are never a guaranteed drop for map completion. For non-city maps, you’ll always have a chance of either a transmutation charge or a black lion chest key (with a greater chance of getting a transmutation charge).

well on each map completion I have always receive a black lion key. on all my character on all map. except this new map that I have received on 4 or 5 of my 9 character. the 4 or 5 other did not receive some. I done like 3 charector or 4 not sure then noticed my other one did not receive one then my last one received one.

Lucky RNG is all it it is. Key drops are not guaranteed. I got 1 key from all my characters on this map. That being said, it has nothing to do with the issue being discussed here.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Key drops are not what this thread is about. This thread is about the grawl firestone not being available and the suets not dropping. Please stay on message.

This bug has existed since the release of the latest living story and it still isn’t fixed. I hoping that the next update on Tuesday addresses it correctly. When I read the last “fix” I had the feeling that it wasn’t being fixed and I was right.

So ANeT – suets still aren’t dropping and the firestone still doesn’t show up on the NPC’s menu.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

also I have notice that around 4 character did not receive any chest key on map completion. another bug? or you decided to not give key on map completion and after decided to give key back again?

Keys are never a guaranteed drop for map completion. For non-city maps, you’ll always have a chance of either a transmutation charge or a black lion chest key (with a greater chance of getting a transmutation charge).

well on each map completion I have always receive a black lion key. on all my character on all map. except this new map that I have received on 4 or 5 of my 9 character. the 4 or 5 other did not receive some. I done like 3 charector or 4 not sure then noticed my other one did not receive one then my last one received one.

You should consider yourself lucky, then, because that’s exceptional RNG. But yeah, keys are never guaranteed, including for the new map.

Blude.6812

Ok people —stay on topic and ignore Stephanie Wises’ hijack of the actual topic

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

I think they will fix it when witersday update comes.

Posted by: Saul Rua.2739

Saul Rua.2739

Still can’t purchase firestones with my warrior, but I can with another character. Both have finished the story.

Posted by: Art.8961

Art.8961

just restart your story, it will fix this

Heibi.4251

No, it doesn’t fix it. I restarted mine to do achievements. When the achievements were done I didn’t quit the story right away. I went over to the heart to purchase the firestone and it was not on the list. Suets also stopped dropping. I quit the story, hoping it would clear up, but no, I caught the bug. That was over a week ago.

(edited by Heibi.4251)

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Any word on this? Still broken.

Heibi.4251

I was expecting an update or patch of some kind today. Alas, we are still left with a broken daily and no way into the frozen area that requires the elixir.

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Can atleast any crew member give us an update ? this been goin on to long, lots of ppl that cant finish meta achi nor story.

“Death is just another path”

Posted by: Lucadragonheart.1856

Lucadragonheart.1856

Purchased fire stone (it was there no problem) for second elixir after story only to be denied after brewing it, had no buff no elixir and items gone. Any suggestions? Logging out and in didn’t fix this nor leaving map n’ back.

Posted by: Lucadragonheart.1856

Lucadragonheart.1856

Edit. Remade the elixir again and it worked this time got the buff

Posted by: The Analogue Kid.3896

The Analogue Kid.3896

Can atleast any crew member give us an update ? this been goin on to long, lots of ppl that cant finish meta achi nor story.

Communication is the key to success. At least inform people if this is going to be fixed please, with Wintersday coming up it’s going to cause a backlog for some of us whos gaming time is limited.

Posted by: Avelione.6075

Avelione.6075

I have the same bug: no suet or fire stone for me, EXCEPT the character that did the story and entered the map first.
So, somehow I still can get the achievement, but it sucks if I have to play with Ranger all the time :P
I’ll try suggested methods to see if they work for other characters (I have 9 of them, so, hopefully it will work at least for one more : ])

In the meantime, I hope ANet will fix this bug so I don’t have to redo the story a few more times (for my mains), which can become horribly dull.

Equality for the bulge! ^_^

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

Any word on this? Still broken.

Yes, still broken :-(

Boogiepop Void.6473

Given they released a patch whose sole purpose was to fix this, it would seem they don’t want to admit they failed by further acknowledging this thread.

Posted by: gert.7698

gert.7698

still bugged… still can’t make cold resist

Heibi.4251

These bugs are going on three weeks without a fix, workaround, or additional comments. Why?

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug that prevented players from purchasing grawl firestones when replaying the quest.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented frostbitten suet from dropping when replaying the quest.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to be trapped behind closing gates after looting reward chests.

None of the above bugs were fixed in the last patch and no additional information has been provided. Why?

The fixes should have read:
Fixed a bug that prevented players from purchasing grawl firestones
Fixed a bug that prevented frostbitten suet from dropping

However they didn’t address that – which was the true problem.

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

I managed to get the suets and the grawl firestones by doing this:

- Went to Story Jornal: Living World Season 3 > A crack in the Ice > Restart this episode
- Replayed the story chapters from the begaining of “Precious Aurene” (in Auric Bassin) to the end of “Elixir Cookin”

I got the suet drops from Icebrood wolves and Corrupted spiders.
The NPC starts to sell the Firestones after completeing the heart, making the offering to the grawl “godess” and talking to “Veteran Hooga Dizdiz” next to it.

Hope this helps everyone.

Attachments:

Heibi.4251

- Went to Story Jornal: Living World Season 3 > A crack in the Ice > Restart this episode
- Replayed the story chapters from the begaining of “Precious Aurene” (in Auric Bassin) to the end of “Elixir Cookin”

The NPC starts to sell the Firestones after completeing the heart, making the offering to the grawl “godess” and talking to “Veteran Hooga Dizdiz” next to it.

The important thing to remember is that you shouldn’t have to do what you just did to get the stone and the suets. The thing is still bugged, period.

Blude.6812

The important thing to remember is that you shouldn’t have to do what you just did to get the stone and the suets. The thing is still bugged, period.

And I have no intention or replaying the story for everyone of my alts as well.
It will become a dead map for me if it isn’t addressed on Tues.

Boogiepop Void.6473

Still broken. Cannot get Suet or Firestones.

Posted by: Kevin Ardinez.8906

Kevin Ardinez.8906

soo….. how many days now?

Pamation nato ron ang sugilanon sa usa ka kapuluanon

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

soo….. how many days now?

It can take quite a time. Like it was with Slaying Potions https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Slaying-Potions-the-double-edged-sword
So have patience.

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Posted by: Aphs.9528

Aphs.9528

still no fix ?

Ranger -Little Prince

Heibi.4251

There will be a big patch today. Let’s hope they addressed the issue in it.

Blude.6812

There will be a big patch today. Let’s hope they addressed the issue in it.

More for Winterdays to be active, not so much for fixes , but I am hopeful too.

Boogiepop Void.6473

Still no fix in wintersday patch

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Indeed it’s not written, but I did the heart and now it works.

Thx Anet

Blude.6812

^ Yep, not in the notes, but just took all my alts there(only my main has done the story), they all could buy the stone and they were all getting suet drops.
Thx for the fix.

Posted by: darkangelseductions.3084

darkangelseductions.3084

I am able to purchase the firestone now from the heart vendor. Went and made the elixir………………poof! Nothing. Out of the karma for the firestone, out of the achievement for the elixir, unable to go to the bitter cold area to help a friend out. I don’t know if this is going to be fixed or not.

Bella Valkari
[MUSA] – [CAIN]
Jade Quarry

Posted by: ibiris.8674

ibiris.8674

So this is still an issue. I gathered the required items and was able to purchase the Firestone from the Heart Vendor. When I interacted with the Cauldron, the Firestone disappeared but nothing else happened – no Cold Resistance effect and I still have all the other ingredients in my Inventory. I am now unable to purchase another Firestone from the Vendor; it just isn’t available. I would like to be able to receive the Cold Resistance effect at least once, so I can obtain the Mastery Point in The Bitter Cold.

Rob

Posted by: carljrs.1037

carljrs.1037

The same glitch where mats were gathered, I channeled at the hot spot, and poof, no mats nor buff. I made it successfully for the story, and 1 time thereafter, no success since. This last go around I did not complete all my Bitter Frost dailies and only did 2 hearts, will try again tomorrow after doing all hearts. My story is at Frozen Out, so if doing all the dailies fails will try with story completion and post.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

And I have no intention or replaying the story for everyone of my alts as well.
It will become a dead map for me if it isn’t addressed on Tues.

This is still broken for many.

The NPC that you make the shrine for doesn’t respond most of the time.

The recipe doesn’t work half the time even if you do get one of your characters to get the NPC NOT to glitch out.

Either fix this or stop making us jump through hoops to get the the far end of the map in Bitterfrost.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)