Item became Soulbound without equipping it

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Miletus.6312

Miletus.6312

I had a Breath of Flame listed on the Trading Post for a few days. After the patch, it appeared in my mailbox and had no stats on it (I assume because it had a removed stat on it). I collected it from the mailbox, picked a stat, and tried to relist it on the Trading Post. However, I can’t relist it because it is now soulbound.

How was I supposed to relist an item like this? I can’t list the item without stats and the act of selecting stats makes it soulbound.

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

This might be more of a case of oversight that a bug. When the patch changed gear stats it returned all items in the trade post affected by the change, it also flagged items affected by the change as bound.

Posted by: Miletus.6312

Miletus.6312

After a week of back and forth e-mails with support, all they have managed to tell me is that “items cannot be unsoulbound.” They did not offer to replace the item or even apologize for soulbinding it.

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

It would seem that you got caught up in the whole Soul bound not Account Bound fiasco too

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Unbound items with MF stats became accountbound, regardless of afterwardly (?) chosen stats.

Soulbound items with MF stats stayed soulbound. (as intended but misunderstood at first)

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Unbound items with MF stats became accountbound, regardless of afterwardly (?) chosen stats.

Soulbound items with MF stats stayed soulbound. (as intended but misunderstood at first)

So sorry, but this is wrong…at least for many (most?) people. If you were not one of those, you got lucky. Most MF items (that were not soulbound prior) were indeed returned to you as Accountbound, however when you chose a stat on that piece of gear, it becomes soulbound it to the character choosing the stats (to be fair, they did put in a warning on this part).

As to the second point, it was not misunderstood (or if their was, it was an internal one with ANET). In every instance of patch notes/coming soon (at least 3 different posting from ANET staff) that they posted (some have since been altered long AFTER the patch hit) they said that mf items were to become Account Bound. It MAY have been intended from the start, but it was not what they communicated to us at all.

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Well, the only MF items I had were FotM Rings (and those were accbound to begin with, since I never used them). I never liked leeching off my party.

Yes, they said they’d turn the items accbound. Technically speaking they did exactly what it means. Never said to “unsoulbound” it, just to make all bound to the account (if they weren’t already).
Yes, it was a poor choice of wording, probably meant to mislead players.