Items for Aurora not dropping

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I’ve been killing mobs in Bloodstone Fen specifically for the Aged Ectoplasm and Living Bloodstone. I farmed ghosts for 2h+, hundreds of mobs and not a drop, so I decide to farm for the Bloodstone. Again, 2h+ and hundreds of mobs killed and I still don’t get the drop.

I see other people get it on less than 10 mobs, and then I hear about a lot of players who have a similar issue to me, still nothing after hundreds. Some I heard have been farming for days on end and still don’t get the drop.

I would absolutely love to make Aurora, but this is driving me mental. Can we either up the drop rate or make these a guaranteed drop?

If your only response is “I didn’t have that problem” then good for you. I – and a lot of others – are having this issue. That sort of comment doesn’t help anyone.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: BjornTFH.9710

BjornTFH.9710

It took me 4 days to get it, it’s a REALLY small drop rate, and you can only attempt it once every 2 hours, effectively. Just keep trying, it’s doable.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s about the same drop rate as for all the other ones. There’s always one item that stalls all of us.

For me, it was aged ectoplasm, also. I ran through 5 full kills of Hablion, no luck. Finally, what I did was swap to a foe-tagging build on another toon. Even if that didn’t work, I was already less frustrated simply by changing characters, because it felt like a fresh start.

tl;dr don’t rush it; it will drop eventually

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The first or forever nature of these collection drops makes me wonder if it is running afoul of some bug with the DR system. It isn’t hitting real DR since other loot still drops but it also seems to be resolved by switching character from most reports but those reports are probably skewed as well.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

It’s about the same drop rate as for all the other ones. There’s always one item that stalls all of us.

For me, it was aged ectoplasm, also. I ran through 5 full kills of Hablion, no luck. Finally, what I did was swap to a foe-tagging build on another toon. Even if that didn’t work, I was already less frustrated simply by changing characters, because it felt like a fresh start.

tl;dr don’t rush it; it will drop eventually

Tthank you so much for this suggestion. Would you believe the very first ghost mob I killed on an alt character dropped the Ecto? That’s just how RNGsus goes I guess lol

EDIT: Also like the 12th Elemental I killed dropped the other item on the alt toon. This suggestion has seriously saved my sanity. Thanks a bunch!

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

(edited by Miss Lana.5276)