[January] Getting stuck in the map/seeing map art issues?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Melanis.8309

Melanis.8309

loc: Almuten Estates

i found weird texture on bottom of these little houses on screenhots. this texture is clearly white or white flickering depend on my FPS or move or angle of my view…. im not 100% sure… but when i set in-game frame limiter to 30FPS then issue is gone

i have no OCed my video card and installed last nvidia drivers (310.90 WHQL Driver)

EDIT:it looks like NVIDIA drivers issue:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Flashing-Textures/first#post1178279

Attachments:

(edited by Melanis.8309)

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

Lornar’s Pass

Afgar’s Waypoint

facing North to West

Attachments:

Posted by: ryan.9621

ryan.9621

in frostgorge sound i used the guardian skill (judges intervention) on an Arctodus, this resulted in me being teliported under the map where i was free to swim around.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Note: Thank you to everyone who has submitted art bugs in the past! In order to help keep these issues organized, each month we will be creating a new thread for these so that it does not grow to an unmanageable size. Please do not resubmit bugs if you have already posted about them in a previous art thread as we will have already seen them and added them to our bug database. Thank you!

Please post them in this thread if you come across any sort of bug that fits in the following categories:

- Stuck in the terrain or a prop
- Textural/graphical issues with the environment or world props
- Terrain or world props disappearing/flickering
- Anything else that you feel might be an art bug

General Guidelines:
- Take a screenshot with your mouse hovering over the minimap while it’s zoomed all the way in so we can see the sector name. Make sure your screenshot has a clear view of the issue too!
- If you got stuck, please describe to us what you were doing before hand, along with a screenshot (this includes listing any skill you may have used upon being pushed inside the terrain).
- If you can, open up the screenshot in a picture editor (like MS Paint) and circle or point to the issue.
- If the world or large areas of land appear to “pop” in and out or “flicker,” please be sure that you are facing the appropriate direction in your screenshot and follow the screenshot directions.

Any other art issues:
- Be as descriptive as possible
- Take a screenshot

Please attach the screenshots to your forum post rather than hosting it elsewhere.
If you have a video of the issue, please upload those to YouTube (unlisted) and link that along with your other bug information here.

For more Bugging Best Practices, see this thread.

We appreciate everyone’s help with these issues. Thank you!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Runningwild.4692

Runningwild.4692

Desolation – EU
The Expendable Horde [ExH]

Posted by: Korinzu.7594

Korinzu.7594

I just finished getting the vista near Drowned Brine, Malchor’s Leap (southwest corner). I decided to try and swim around to the shore, and in doing so hit an invisible wall. I decided to turn around, instead of porting far away, and was then mass spammed by “you’ve hit a strong current and will be pushed back if you continue further.” I tried retracing my steps exactly, but to no avail, so I thought maybe if I relog the possible glitch will fix itself? Upon doing so I was teleported to the entrance of the zone from where it connected to the zone Straights of Devistation (kick@$$ name btw devs!)

Hope this information helps!

Jeff

Attachments:

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

I just finished getting the vista near Drowned Brine, Malchor’s Leap (southwest corner). I decided to try and swim around to the shore, and in doing so hit an invisible wall. I decided to turn around, instead of porting far away, and was then mass spammed by “you’ve hit a strong current and will be pushed back if you continue further.” I tried retracing my steps exactly, but to no avail, so I thought maybe if I relog the possible glitch will fix itself? Upon doing so I was teleported to the entrance of the zone from where it connected to the zone Straights of Devistation (kick@$$ name btw devs!)

“You’ve hit a strong current and will be pushed back if you continue further” is displayed if you try to swim out of the map boundary. When you exited, you were out of bounds, so on relogging, it put you back at the default map start point.

Posted by: Korinzu.7594

Korinzu.7594

“You’ve hit a strong current and will be pushed back if you continue further” is displayed if you try to swim out of the map boundary. When you exited, you were out of bounds, so on relogging, it put you back at the default map start point.

Usually you can swim back the way you came right? That message appeared in all directions I tried to swim.

I was placed underneath the world… I think it may have been cause by this mechanic though?

Posted by: Grania.6583

Grania.6583

My character is stuck in the terrain in Metrica Province outside of a cave. I can move only a tiny bit in each direction and the character only strafes. The minimap shows 2 different map names but i must be right on the border as i am only moving a matter of a few feet.
One of the screenshots shows an angle where my character is transparent except for a light rendering of my shield.
Please help. I really, really don’t want to delete this character.

Tx

Attachments:

Runningwild.4692

Desolation – EU

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

i think this one is a bug as well,as a few ppl are getting it.
Just glad it’s not my graphics card.
Starting area in wvw desolation bl.

Attachments:

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Posted by: Sajuuk.5047

Sajuuk.5047

This happens a lot for me… and since launch, but its getting under my skin finally.

Attachments:

Posted by: ryan.9621

ryan.9621

FotM was able to walk through wall and fall in to a hole, was unable to get out.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gogulovici.4803

Gogulovici.4803

I have discovere that in “Firehart Rise”, at the place south of “havoc steppes”, where there is a chest protected by some veteran spiders, you can fall on top of “Vexa’s Lab” if you run in the wall behind the chest.
You land on top of the lab and get the event notifications.

I have attached a picture with my track on the lab.

Attachments:

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

While exploring iron marches (on yaks bend) I encountered an invisible wall in Invictus Castrum. I tried high quality graphics option but nothing still showed.

I am going to try to find another way into the area but the screenshot shows me looking at the invisible wall.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dezziedc.4951

Dezziedc.4951

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but will put it here for the time being.

My video card is not the best for playing the game. All other aspects of the PC are high end – except for the video card. So as a result, I have to have alot of the settings on low to be able to play the game. I click on the setting “Auto-Detect” in order for the game to determine the best settings. As a result, environment setting is set to low. I noticed that when it is set to low, the game removes certain components of the environment (I assume to cater for the low end card and to ensure the game runs a bit smoother). I am OK with this however it seems to remove aspects of the terrain that are key to certain achievements. I have noticed that at various points around the game, it takes out terrain that is a requirement for you to jump and reach different points – mushrooms, rocks etc. One area I noticed on the weekend is the Coddler jumping puzzle. The picture shows what happens when I have environment settings on high and then low. If it wasn’t for a friend of mine jumping with me, I wouldn’t have noticed that some of the globes were missing – and would have assumed that this was impossible to achieve. I can change the setting of environment to high with little impact on the game play, however I assume that these key parts of the environment are not meant to be hidden as part of the low settings.

As it is I still can’t get it cause my eye-hand coordination is crap!!!

Attachments:

(edited by Dezziedc.4951)

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I blame the Asura, but they’re all over the area with the workers and the harpies/elementals, just out of Divinity’s Reach gate in Queensdale.

It’s kind of funny, thought I’d share.

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: aesu.6145

aesu.6145

Same here…
Can’t remember where this exactly was but it happens nearly everywhere now… depending on which angle my camera is @.

Attachments:

Runningwild.4692

Desolation – EU

Posted by: Jolene.7316

Jolene.7316

Posted by: Jacky Nipper.3846

Jacky Nipper.3846

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but will put it here for the time being.

My video card is not the best for playing the game. All other aspects of the PC are high end – except for the video card. So as a result, I have to have alot of the settings on low to be able to play the game. I click on the setting “Auto-Detect” in order for the game to determine the best settings. As a result, environment setting is set to low. I noticed that when it is set to low, the game removes certain components of the environment (I assume to cater for the low end card and to ensure the game runs a bit smoother). I am OK with this however it seems to remove aspects of the terrain that are key to certain achievements. I have noticed that at various points around the game, it takes out terrain that is a requirement for you to jump and reach different points – mushrooms, rocks etc. One area I noticed on the weekend is the Coddler jumping puzzle. The picture shows what happens when I have environment settings on high and then low. If it wasn’t for a friend of mine jumping with me, I wouldn’t have noticed that some of the globes were missing – and would have assumed that this was impossible to achieve. I can change the setting of environment to high with little impact on the game play, however I assume that these key parts of the environment are not meant to be hidden as part of the low settings.

As it is I still can’t get it cause my eye-hand coordination is crap!!!

I can confirm this with Enviroment set to “Low” literarly half of the boubles are invisible, I was lucky enough to be there with a friend who didn’t have Enviroment set to “Low” so after a while we figured out whats going on when i was unable to jump on second bouble that i am actualy trying to skip one which is in the middle of them.

Jacky Nipper – Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I submitted a bug report when it happened, but wanted to mention it here as well. In Cliffside fractal, while making my way up the platforms where you have a chance to get blown off by the gusting winds from the wall-mounted faces, I was initiall relieved when the second face knocked me not off the platform, but to the side into the cliff face. However, it put me in a small spot where I could stand but not move or jump. I was on my mesmer, so naturally I thought to try to blink out. Nope. My 4 team mates tried to finish without me so we could continue, but that was’t going to happen either. Screenshot was submitted with the bug report, but I didn’t take one to save, being unaware of this forum topic at the time.

Anyone else get stuck there? The /stuck command didn’t work either.

Posted by: Johndud.4752

Johndud.4752

I’ve been seeing lots of graphical glitches in alot of locations, sometimes it makes the game unplayable. The picture of the map before the actual bug is the location. I would post more but there are too many…I could do this for hours…

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042275340/screenshots/

I will post more later if necessary, this is 1 of 5 or 6 I found so far.

Johndud.4752

I was having serious issues just like the above all over The Burrows of Moledavia, if I wasn’t so commited to playing this game I would’ve shut the game off once I had to go in there.

Johndud.4752

Changing the render sampling from native to super sampling stopped the bug directly above, but now I have to play the game on a lower framerate.

Posted by: digitalencore.9620

digitalencore.9620

Character Story Mission: Further into Orr

It’s one of the tents held up by sticks that seems to be scripted to fall down? It falls down every time I’ve played it anyway (twice). When it falls down, a group of enemies/allies is usually on top of it, and they seem to float after that… Once I was also floating there, and stayed like that until I moved, then I fell back down to ground level.

Not sure if this is supposed to go in this thread or not, but it seemed like the best place.

Attachments:

Bronn Wolfbourne — Ranger
Get of Fenris (GoF)

Posted by: LeoLab.3529

LeoLab.3529

Not sure if this is the place to put it, but I’ve been getting some odd texture issues lately. Not only have white bars been appearing everywhere, but environmental props (such as rocks, trees, parts of buildings, etc) have been appearing and disappearing randomly, and these frequently flash at a high rate. A somewhat funnier bug – though one I was unable to capture – has NPCs being rendered with environmental props as equipment (i.e, in Queensdale, near one of the dams, a guard would render with a windmill part as a shield).

Screenshots taken in Fort Marriner, Lions Arch, and include the white bars; will update with the random rocks once I can get a good shot.

EDIT: Found one, same area.

Attachments:

(edited by LeoLab.3529)

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Some flickering textures regarding a patch of dirt in LA. The game is filled with these odd camera-triggered visual oddities, such as foliage, rocks, and other types of ground clutter disappearing when viewed from a certain angle.

Here’s a video on the specific patch of dirt in LA I was talking about.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Nyken.4962

Nyken.4962

“WHITE TEXTURES”
- which flicker on and off whenever I move.

Attachments:

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

There’s a spot in Lion’s Arch, at the end of the Trolls’ End JP, where you can fall through to behind / inside some terrain.

The “entrance” is that wall just behind my character in the screenshot. It can be passed through.

Also while I’m at it, that one story mission where the pale tree puts you in dream-orr is a little rough around the edges if you deliberately go wandering. Especially going past where you’re supposed to, and messing around to the far south and hugging the boundary to the east and jumping around.

Attachments:

(edited by Crimsony.2514)

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

In the black citadel, near the new trader for the laurels, under certain perspective texture lost. Not only from my side. Checked several times.

Attachments:

Posted by: Melanis.8309

Melanis.8309

“WHITE TEXTURES”
- which flicker on and off whenever I move.

try set your resolution to “windowed fullscreen”

Posted by: el matadore.3852

el matadore.3852

invisible wall at the asura gates in fort trinity. the other exit works just fine

Attachments:

Far Shiverpeaks-De rode ridder
Dragons In Exile[DIE]- get lucky[Punk]

Posted by: Nepenthes.1084

Nepenthes.1084

I am at the Grendich Gamble jumping puzzle in Diessa Plateau and I seem to be stuck inside a wall.. I’m not getting a decent look of what’s happening, but everything i can see is on the screenshot. My pet is also stuck, I tried to ‘search and rescue’ skill, but he can’t move at all.

Attachments:

Posted by: Oain.3184

Oain.3184

I keep getting this EVERYWHERE now.

I fixed it, i had to change my settings on my graphics card control panel. I think thats where some, not all, of the problems come from, if im not mistaken

Attachments:

My name is Oain( Oain Niao) on most games.
Or Kaintos(Kainto Leado)
Or Leodus

(edited by Oain.3184)

Posted by: brently.7946

brently.7946

I was playing a pvp match in the map with the Guild Lord you try to kill. A guardian used a skill with KD and i was knocked underground, and transported to their gate. I couldn’t get out or use skills even though I could see other players above me. I also couldn’t wp out because it was contested =.=

Attached is a screen shot of this incident.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

Floating trees in Artergon Woods.

Attachments: