Joined Priory, but sent to Vigil

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ketilya.2308

Ketilya.2308

Hello everyone,

I’ve run into a bug with my Norn necromancer while questing that I’m hoping I can get a fix for. I was questing with a friend of mine (a Norn mesmer) who joined the Vigil, while I had joined the Priory. I had just finished Silent Warfare (so I had picked the Priory and was following the questline) when I got my letter from my mentor after doing Setting the Stage. My friend was hosting the instance, and I agreed to progess the story. Unfortunately, the letter I got was from the Vigil, and it sent me to “A Fragile Peace” instead of the appropriate Priory quest. I did NOT want to join the Vigil, but now I’ve been forced onto the Vigil Path despite having made the choice to be part of the Priory earlier.

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you accept the progress when on another’s PS path, your path will then be changed to the accepted chosen path.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/My-order-of-tyria-got-changed/first#post3938430

The only way to change the path back would be to find someone else on the same path as you were previously, and accept their progress in the next PS step, I believe.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Your order hasn’t changed, but when you accept the other player’s progress, it will put you on the same storyline as them, even if their storyline is for another order. It’s trying to make sure you can both play together.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Once again it shows that option isn’t so clear and not user friendly… too many people has made a mistake about that and too many threads about this… I haven’t gone through it myself but it seems the option for “accepting other’s player progress” should be more clear about what would happen and make it more optional (some warning on that prompt maybe?) I can understand it’s meant to try keeping friends to play together, but if it leads to mistake and put me where I didn’t want to be, it surely annoys a lot.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

It’s been a while since I completed a step in co-op, but I believe it does display: “You have earned the right to complete <Current Story Step>. If you accept, you will be rewarded and shall progress to <Next Story Step>.” The warning dialogue has no concept of your order, all it knows is what your next step will be if you accept progress.

Posted by: Ketilya.2308

Ketilya.2308

Hello everyone!

Sorry to bump up an old topic, but I have an update on this. A friend of mine is in the Priory (Sylvari Warrior) and I tagged along for all his quests in an attempt to get the dialogue to override my placement in the Vigil. Not sure if it was the different races (I don’t think it was, since race doesn’t factor into the story), but there was no option to fix it once the override had been done, so I was starting to get very frustrated. I even started the Lv.42 tribal race quests with him as the host (he had picked Hylek, which Norns can also do) and THAT didn’t ask for an override, either! Disheartened, I ended up getting the achievement for Vigil instead of Priory…. but the moment I started my own racial quest (picking Grawl), I was back in the Priory!

So, this is what I’ve learned:

-When this override happens, it seems to be completely unfixable until you finish the series of quests relating to the Vigil and get the achievement (though I would need to test with a character of the same race to make sure of that). Once you get the achievement, you’re returned to your original order.

- I can still get Priory armor/weapons from the instance and I am unable to get Vigil armor or buy vigil weapons in the instance (this has been true even when I was doing the Vigil storyline).

So it seems that the only thing it affects are the quests in that part of the storyline and the achievement you get at the end.

Hope that helps!

(edited by Ketilya.2308)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

That’s so confusing and annoying… remove this useless stuff (or make the dialog more clear).