Jumping down cliffs too fast gets you killed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

Okay, so I experienced this a few times already for jumping down an area too fast. For example, lets say the top is 100 ft (if you jump down from this height you’ll die) and from the top to the bottom there’s a safe area around 50 ft where you can land on (jumping from the 50 ft height to the bottom will not kill you). What happen to me was that I jumped to the 50 ft then quickly jump down to the ground, the game doesn’t register that I landed, so I end up getting killed like i jumped from the 100 ft when I didn’t.

Was it intended for us to jump down slowly or is this a bug?

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Yeah, this is most likely a lag issue – i’ve been killed running down a steep hill, or i’ll jump and land 3 times, dying instantly.

Wish it would be fixed, there are so many issues like this that should be a priority.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

hear hear, there’s nothing i can add to this, unless i wanted to list a long series of similar examples — UP TO AND INCLUDING jump damage more than five seconds after a jump — but yeah. this really really should be looked in to. client-server lag like this is redonculous.