Jumping off objects ports you miles away

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

So I’ve had this bug lately where jumping off certain objects like rocks, trees, stairs etc will freeze the screen and port my char to God knows where. Sometimes I don’t, and I end up somewhere for a second, then get ported back to where I was. Other times I end up being 3000 feet above the ground somewhere I should not be able to reach.

Take this as an example: I was mining ores in Blazeridge, I was in Craze’s Folly and I jumped of a set of stairs. Suddenly I was 3000 feet above the western borders of the zone. Screenshot attached.

This has happened in many zones, and it seems to be only in some sessions, as I’ve logged in other times without this happening.

No idea what the trigger is, I just know that every time this happens I was jumping off something. I’d say it happens around 40-50% of every jump.

Attachments:

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Wow, that behavior is becoming worse. I had heard about it happening when going in and out of water and now it happens when jumping from objects O.o Something is pretty broken with the game…

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

Had it again today, in Brisban Wildlands. Jumping off the cliffs into the canyons in the west ported me under the map / under water for 3 seconds. Seems to be an “all or nothing” kind of bug that will either be there or not as soon as you enter a new zone/server. If it’s happening it happens a lot (like 40-50% of every jump from an object that is not terrain), otherwise it doesn’t happen at all.

Posted by: Krystal Ion.4130

Krystal Ion.4130

Hey guys, I wanted to report this weird bug that was happening to me last night while I was doing my dailies. It happened in Sparkfly Fen over by this champion on a platform. I recorded 2 videos of it and posted them on youtube for you to be able to see whats happening. All I’m trying to do is press Space to jump out of the water and the game just bugs way out and teleports me around for a microsecond before bringing me back.
I am posting the youtube link to both of the videos I uploaded to show you, because a screenshot for this particular bug would probably be useless…..