Karka event failure due to lag

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

My auto-attacks hit once every 3 seconds. SOOOOO much lag with best performance settings. This is really bad. I didn’t realize GW2 was a stop-action game. Serious work needs to be done to fix this.

Posted by: mack.1574

mack.1574

So much lag you can’t hit anything. Disconnected 4 times, and now can’t get back in.

Brilliant ….

I’ve been looking forward to this Arenanet, and you’ve let us down with this farce so far.

Mack

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

The same with me. 23 minutes bad play. I could not see, what I was doing. Anything had minutes of lags. 2 times the client lost connection. Then about 23 minutes in the game the last 2 minutes no movement whatsoever and then BTD.
If the event is that way all the time, then there is no event to play at all

Posted by: Lori.6571

Lori.6571

Yes, the lag is horrendously bad. Trying to activate Chaos Storm and from the time I press the key to the time the storm actually activates at the spot I targetted is anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds delay

Makes it pretty hard to get much in the way of kills, drops, exp, etc when your skills aren’t activating

Posted by: anykiller.4913

anykiller.4913

The event is TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE. I couldn’t attack, my character doesn’t response and he died because I couldn’t move him.

Gameplay experience: 0/10

Posted by: DemigoesRAWR.8701

DemigoesRAWR.8701

Did Just fine, people were attacking egg layers like dopes. I got the monthly from attacking the young vets and the young normals. Got 20 contribution and then about 10 more to turn in near lions arch. I was also smart and stacked up MF.

Yes it was laggy, but better then other MMO’s I have seen during a major event like this.
Other games would have crashed, the event would have been restarted etc…

Engineering – 6/10
Gameplay -7/10
Overall Event – 6/10

How many idiots there were chasing down egg layers 14521345234623462354

EDIT: How is this a bug report? :S

Michael.4791

Update:
I had BTD 23 minutes into the event. When I was able to login 6 minutes later, the event was finished. I was credited with 10 kills, but because of lag, client disconnects and BTD I received no loot, I got reduced participation (because of disconnect not all achievements had been logged for me) and I received no event result (because of BTD I was not in the game, when that was distributed).

Final result: I took part in the one-time-event and I got nothing out of it.
That is really bad.

Posted by: Dastor.3546

Dastor.3546

Yes it was laggy, but better then other MMO’s I have seen during a major event like this.

You never played WoW then… Never had any lag issues during major events there…
And I’ve participated in pretty much every event, with a whole bunch of people… The worst I’ve ever experienced was 2 DCs on a Sunday with 3 overlapping events while in the major city, pretty much every player was online at that time…

The ArenaNet servers should really be upgraded for future updates/events like this…

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

You never played WoW then… Never had any lag issues during major events there…
And I’ve participated in pretty much every event, with a whole bunch of people… The worst I’ve ever experienced was 2 DCs on a Sunday with 3 overlapping events while in the major city, pretty much every player was online at that time…

The ArenaNet servers should really be upgraded for future updates/events like this…

lol, yea, im sure if guild wars 2 was using a 10+ year old game engine with charectors with 4 polygons this game would run smooth also. I wish I could have been online at the time to see this “lag” .

How about you post your pc specs and your internet provider, and please don’t tell me your using a wifi hot spot on a 500 dollar laptop.

The only issue ive had with things like this is the way they make other charectors fade in when you are practically on top of them. But I have seen other games do this FFXI was one of them. Not sure if its a limitation built into the game engine a bandwidth issue or what, but you would think they could do a better job with that for people with high end pcs and good internet connections.

(edited by Darcwolf.6817)

Posted by: jokermo.3058

jokermo.3058

Update:
I had BTD 23 minutes into the event. When I was able to login 6 minutes later, the event was finished. I was credited with 10 kills, but because of lag, client disconnects and BTD I received no loot, I got reduced participation (because of disconnect not all achievements had been logged for me) and I received no event result (because of BTD I was not in the game, when that was distributed).

Final result: I took part in the one-time-event and I got nothing out of it.
That is really bad.

i hear ya i was there the whole time still got nothing due to lag no achievements no kills no nothing and they tell us to wp out and back to try to alleviate lag and that just got the creatures invisible again after i had just started to see them

heck i figured id get something like with the halloween event i at least got a 10 slot bag this event nothing at all

Michael.4791

@yokermo: “nothing at all” yet.
Usually they do a bit more for our sake.

I did the second phase during the last hour. It started almost the same: Lags – such that anything didn’t move anymore – and finally a disconnect. But before I got the disconnect I was able to type and send a bug message about the lag.
Afterwards I was able to follow the Lionguard Lady and to kick some Karka backside while following her. Currently 44 kills.
But this lag needs to be adressed. You get killed and you don’t even know what hit you!