Karma booster + Jug of Liquid Karma (Possible Bug)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

I’m just wondering if Arenanet considers using karma boosters/banners with jugs of liquid karma a bug/exploit or if it is working as intended.

Should I save as many pots as I can before using a booster or drink them all now before it’s patched to not work anymore?

Posted by: Day.4501

Day.4501

Dont see how this can be considered as an exploit, if they wanted us to not be able to do this, the karma reward would’ve been given automatically instead of being inside a jar. Unless they wanted it too look fancy.

IceBlink.4317

Dont see how this can be considered as an exploit

It’s why I want to hopefully get official ruling on if it’s an exploit or not. There’s a lot of things we don’t consider exploits which Arenanet does.

Posted by: nornh.9280

nornh.9280

Considering the only ways to get Karma Boosters are from the Gem Store and Black Lion Chests, giving players more reasons to buy them seems like a smart business decision on ANet’s part.But even if it wasn’t intended, I have a hard time imagining them punishing players for using Gem Store items.

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

Absolutely not an exploit. The point of the karma booster is to boost karma. They WANT you to buy them to use them like this. It’s the entire point of having the item on the gem store.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

It’s not really exploitable. You get jug of liquid karma only 1 time everyday day and if you want to boost it you either have to buy an item from gemstore or use influence point to make a guild karma banner.

Posted by: Aldracity.9463

Aldracity.9463

I’m 90% certain that this isn’t an exploit. The point of the Karma jug is so that no matter which character you complete the daily on, only the character that you actually want to give Karma to will get it. Previously, Karma boosters worked on the daily Karma. Ergo, Karma boosters working on the jugs should be working as intended.

I’d legitimately be confused if this was later labled as an exploit.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If they didn’t rule Perma-shadowform Sins an exploit in GW1, they aren’t going to nail you to the wall for something that is pretty obvious. Hell, if anything, this might make BLC’s more appealing.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

they will probably disable the bonus on jugs soon

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I hope not :/ im relying on those jugs and doing dungeons to get my lrgendary planning to save up around 100 jugs :0

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I think it could slightly be looked at as an exploit.

I never thought of it TBH, I already chugged my monthly and daily jugs. =[

I will be doing it next time unless fixed otherwise. =p

Usually this is why most games try to avoid having xp boosters affect things that can be saved and turned in like Quests. Only other game I can think of that actually let you do this was Allods Online, and in fact was important to efficiently lvl at one point lol.

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

Karma Booster
“Double click to gain a buff that that increases ANY Karma gained by 50% for one hour. "

Not an exploit.

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

i could be an exploit but the dev can only patch it out, its not hidden or un thinkable

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

I love how they added the karma jugs. It was very hard for a casual semi-hardcore player like myself to get a decent amount of karma playing the game normally. But with using a booster, and finishing my monthly for the first time ever (1st time I went to WvW was yesterday). I got a nice boost of over 60,000 Karma (10 jugs).

The Legendary looks a little bit closer into my future now… maybe I can get it within a year…. and maybe not with how I give gold or other expensive things as prizes to my fellow guildies for prizes and such lol.

Posted by: ShadowGryphon.6257

ShadowGryphon.6257

Not an exploit
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jug_of_Liquid_Karma

Notes
Karma gain buffs (such as from Karma Booster) increase the Karma given when consumed.

If someone is talking behind your back… Fart.
North Alabama Guild Wars Players
http://tinyurl.com/y9hj2h4b

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

It kind of feels like an exploit, not because of the boosters, but because those jugs are amazing payoff for doing nothing out of the ordinary.

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

Not an exploit

Notes
Karma gain buffs (such as from Karma Booster) increase the Karma given when consumed.

You realize of course, that the information on the wiki is put there almost entirely by the community and is not reflective of the developer’s stance, correct?

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

The thread has been moved to the Game Bugs subforum while an answer to this topic is given.

Thanks for helping us keep the forums clean and friendly

IceBlink.4317

The thread has been moved to the Game Bugs subforum while an answer to this topic is given.

So, uh… is this considered to be an exploit or not?

Posted by: ShadowGryphon.6257

ShadowGryphon.6257

Not an exploit

Notes

You realize of course, that the information on the wiki is put there almost entirely by the community and is not reflective of the developer’s stance, correct?

True, but I figured that given the over-zealous nature of the mods here, they’d be equally as over-zealous on the wiki and the info posted would be at least fairly accurate and be accepted by Anet.

If someone is talking behind your back… Fart.
North Alabama Guild Wars Players
http://tinyurl.com/y9hj2h4b

IceBlink.4317

Pretty sure the wiki is also written by the community as well, not by the moderators. You don’t even have to be signed in to edit the wiki.