Keep losing connection when changing areas

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Paintedawg.3740

Paintedawg.3740

Been losing connection to the client when I change areas(going to a different map/going to pvp, etc.) Check with a guild mate and they’re having the same issues. Restarting the client seems to fixes it but it keeps happening every few minutes. My internet connection is fine.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Been losing connection to the client when I change areas(going to a different map/going to pvp, etc.) Check with a guild mate and they’re having the same issues. Restarting the client seems to fixes it but it keeps happening every few minutes. My internet connection is fine.

Many of us are reporting not being able to login.

We’ve told them in twitter.

We’ve told them in ‘downdetector’.

We’ve told them in facebook.

The website wasn’t even available for over 30 minutes.

The networking end of GW2 is really in heinous shape. And that’s not even counting the massive DDOS going on nationwide right now, today.

I’ve attached two pictures but they aren’t showing here in Chrome and they aren’t showing in IE when I open another browser. addendum * It took OVER five minutes for the website to post the pictures and any editing*

The website and its structure need help as much as the game does.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Posted by: Sarpan.9074

Sarpan.9074

The networking end of GW2 is really in heinous shape. And that’s not even counting the massive DDOS going on nationwide right now, today.

I’ve attached two pictures but they aren’t showing here in Chrome and they aren’t showing in IE when I open another browser. addendum * It took OVER five minutes for the website to post the pictures and any editing*

This is what I came here to find out—whether it was just me.

Funny, though, with so many experiencing the problem, this post is the only one I’ve found on the forums here to address it today.

Posted by: Senkaru.4893

Senkaru.4893

Same issues here, and when I try to unistall the game so I can re-download it keeps making me send an error report instead of uninstalling.

Posted by: Aleron.6357

Aleron.6357

I’m having this issue as well as a few guildies. Hopefully Anet will get it straightened out soon.

Officer of Chariot of Fire [FIRE] – http://christianfire.enjin.com
Proud Member of Northern Shiverpeaks – http://northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Yep getting hit with loading screen crashes as well..

Attachments:

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

2 other guild members besides myself is having connection an loading issues!

atheria.2837

Most of a guild, over 15 players, lost connection not seven minutes ago.

It’s not over and the problem is not across the board, it’s regional and backbone oriented.

I was just dropped from the game for the sixth time.

Sixth time, Anet.

Nothing else is ‘broken’. All websites work for me, all programs work and don’t have any issues.

GW2 on the other hand has had connection issues since the last WvW reset time for NA.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

atheria.2837

This is what I came here to find out—whether it was just me.

Funny, though, with so many experiencing the problem, this post is the only one I’ve found on the forums here to address it today.

Many won’t post any longer because they are ‘used to’ the outages that plague GW2 now.

They sigh, tell others in TS and DISCORD that they are going to other games. Many won’t put up with or even report any errors after a long history of being ignored as players and customers.

atheria.2837

Can’t login at all now.

Attachments:

(edited by atheria.2837)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I haven’t had any issues; maybe it’s fixed now.

Good luck.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Loading screen crashes for hours now. I just logged out because it happened again. I couldn’t log in to the game at all for a while about an hour ago.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve seen a handful of reports. Most people don’t seem to be having any specific issue. It doesn’t seem specific to one RL location. LA seems to be more problematic than other maps for two the people.

My guess: a server has become unstable and the instances it hosts are kicking some people, but not others.

To help ANet identify which, include in report/support ticket/post

• Your RL city and ISP
  • Date/time (not needed for /report)
  • Map name (e.g. Lion’s Arch)
  • Map IP address (from typing /IP)
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: maskofevil.8327

maskofevil.8327

Five times today so far I’ve had to force quit the game because I got stuck on an endless loading screen. On one of the times my character was in a different location than when I quit out of the game. It was in the same map, but a different area of the map, which was very odd.

(edited by maskofevil.8327)

atheria.2837

Loading screens between maps are forcing drops of the connection.

Can’t get in once I try to move and then have to start the game over again for minutes to over an hour so far.

atheria.2837

Can’t change from one bl to another.

Can’t change one map to another.

Can’t change one instance to another.

All of of them ‘break’ the game.

Posted by: yajeflow.1072

yajeflow.1072

finally came here to see what is what. kept going down last night about this time. still doing it. 24 hours of being denied off and on. unpleasant.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Chalk up another victim. Hard to get the IP of the map when we disconnect before we get onto it! As others have said, it’s occurring when changing characters onto the same map (but unsure if same IP) or a different map entirely. Just had a couple in a row prior to making this post. From Aus here, and I’ve had it in DR, LA and Bitterfrost.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: randolfcarter.6742

randolfcarter.6742

YES I’M HAVING THIS TOO!

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I kept dropping yesterday when going out of WvW (Borderlands/EB, no problem with EotM). Going into WvW was fine. Restarting the client would fix it, though it hit me about five times yesterday. More annoying than anything else.

I just tried to login to preview tribal armour pieces and have found myself entirely unable to get into the game. I’ll get past login, but once it tries to load the map, I’m knocked out, every time.

Posted by: enigma.4873

enigma.4873

Same issue for about 5hrs now. Changing maps/areas and hitting a loading screen is a dice roll on whether I’ll make it through or not, and the odds are not favorable right now.

(I haven’t made any changes to my pc, or having issues with anything else on my pc).

“I don’t have any skeletons in my closet. I do however, have my own necropolis.”

Simply Vexed 80 Reaper / HOD / [CHEF/TAbS/BUTT]

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

Awesome, I decided to jump on GW2 while ESO was doing maintenance since it was taking forever, now I can’t even log in to any charectors. Get to charector select screen, select charector, then logged out