Keg Brawl not stopping at 11 points

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I believe it was Saturday that Keg Brawl was the activity of the day, and I ended up in a match that didn’t end when one team reached 11 points. The game went until the timer dropped to zero. Thank goodness there IS a timer, because otherwise it would’ve been a literally endless game. We ended up with about 120 or so points between the two teams.

It was fun, but I don’t think it’s intentional for matches to last that long.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

I believe it was Saturday that Keg Brawl was the activity of the day, and I ended up in a match that didn’t end when one team reached 11 points. The game went until the timer dropped to zero. Thank goodness there IS a timer, because otherwise it would’ve been a literally endless game. We ended up with about 120 or so points between the two teams.

It was fun, but I don’t think it’s intentional for matches to last that long.

I had the same thing happen on Saturday night. My game didn’t get nearly as high scores, I think we only got to 30’s each. The same thing happened, where the game ended once the timer ran out. The awards were still awarded and the winning team (mine) got the better reward still. Just seems like the 11 goals to finish isn’t in effect. As this wasn’t in any patch notes, I assume this is a bug.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

This issue should be resolved. Let us know if it strikes again on the next go-around.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Awesome. Thanks!

Posted by: Dimglow.5489

Dimglow.5489

This issue should be resolved. Let us know if it strikes again on the next go-around.

Please, no! This was the best thing to ever happen to keg brawl! As the timer ran the kegs kept spawning faster and faster. There was a war on, people were forced to toss kegs to keep pace, kegs were sailing through the air! I found myself carefully positioning under lobs for catches, found myself anticipating and intercepting passes, blew timers to kick enemies out of my team’s passing lane.

I played keg brawl like it was intended. I earned 4 or 5 achievement checks because with all the kegs I had something to do the entire match. Assists were OKAY because I could get another keg!

Instead of 8 people balling up and chain ccing each other over a single keg resulting in a slow and miserable experience it was spread out, fast and comical.

Keg brawl went from a chore to my favorite minigame in GW2. Don’t undo this!

I suggest a compromise: no point limit, 7 or 8 minute long game, the game starts at the equivalent of 7 to 8 minutes in now, which is 4 or 5 kegs active at a time.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Oh yeah, I meant to report that. Glad you guys are on top of it anyway.

It definitely dragged on too long for one game, but it was a lot of fun. For a while I was running two kegs at a time with two enemy players trying (unsuccessfully) to stop me.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson