Kicked Out of Exalted Armour

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kong.3280

Kong.3280

This has been happening to me for a while now, and have no idea why.

When I complete a challenge and acquire a Golden Armour, i am instantly kicked out of it after the challenge ends and I spawn with it.

If it’s an Armour I grab outside entrance, when I take the teleport to battle within city, i am then instantly kicked out of it.

I spawn and directly above me is the Armour I was using. This happens on ALL my characters, and it was not always so.

I have my Masteries completed. I have not found any answers searching online.

(edited by Kong.3280)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

The answer is simple: inactivity timeout. There is a mechanic that if you don’t do any action while transformed during a certain time, you are kicked of the armor. What happens is that countdown kicks in even during the loading screen and the timer is very short (like 20 or 30 secs I think, or less) and then if the loading screen takes longer than that, poof you go.

I have noticed it a while back through the chat, after teleporting and being kicked out of armor, my chat would have several warnings about inactivity.

Kong.3280

The answer is simple: inactivity timeout. There is a mechanic that if you don’t do any action while transformed during a certain time, you are kicked of the armor. What happens is that countdown kicks in even during the loading screen and the timer is very short (like 20 or 30 secs I think, or less) and then if the loading screen takes longer than that, poof you go.

I have noticed it a while back through the chat, after teleporting and being kicked out of armor, my chat would have several warnings about inactivity.

Thanks for the response, but I don’t believe that is it. I’m refering to literally, getting into the armour, walking to the Exalted Portal, using it, and 5 seconds later appearing below in battle outside of the Enchanted Armour I was attempting to use.

Kong.3280

If I even get that far. It happens after winning the challenge to get the Gold Armours, before i can even move I’m kicked out of them.

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

I have been having this problem for a while now. I can get out of the competition zone (usually, but not always), but when I try to take the portal down in Tarir itself, I spawn in front of of the armor. I tried spamming my “s” key, to see if I’m being moved forward before the armor has spawned, and once it actually worked, other times it hasn’t worked. It’s not an inactivity thing as far as I can tell, but I do have long load times occasionally – perhaps that’s a clue? The problem happens whether I try the golden or the regular armors, and whether my loads are fast or slow.

I have never had problems like this before about a month ago or so (not sure of the actual time it started, because at first I thought it was just a weird lag-related bug), but since then it’s been happening every time but once.

This is a very frustrating problem, as it does have a real effect on the AB meta battle for Tarir.

Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.

Kong.3280

I have been having this problem for a while now.

I have never had problems like this before about a month ago or so (not sure of the actual time it started, because at first I thought it was just a weird lag-related bug), but since then it’s been happening every time but once.

This is a very frustrating problem, as it does have a real effect on the AB meta battle for Tarir.

Very frustrating. Peronally, I’ve always enjoyed and prefered to use the Enchanted Armours during the battle. Both because i enjoy it, but also because you can never guarantee that another player may use the armour properly and thus make the Meta more difficult.

This has been an issue for me going on a few months now. Probably since the last quarterly update, unless that was the Halloween update in which case possibly the one before.

I do find it odd that more people aren’t complaining of this issue, as I have also noticed that there are fewer people using the Enchanted Armours. Perhaps they are having similar issues and just not discussing them.

Posted by: TheGreech.1365

TheGreech.1365

This happens to me at least 50% of the time. No matter how fast the loading screen is, it kicks me out of it immediately. Have also witnessed this happen to others more often than not.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Thanks for the response, but I don’t believe that is it. I’m refering to literally, getting into the armour, walking to the Exalted Portal, using it, and 5 seconds later appearing below in battle outside of the Enchanted Armour I was attempting to use.

Oh, that’s a different case then. What I mean is I would lose the armor even before the loading screen was done.

Kong.3280

This is now working for me.

I had to do the following:

GM Exalted Lord Googly Eyes (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Hello,

I would like for you to try repairing your Guild Wars 2 installation:

First,

Hold down the Windows button on the keyboard and hit the “R” key.
Paste in the following line: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2
Click “OK.”
Delete the local.dat file located here.

Next,

Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.
Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Repair.”
Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
Edit the “Target” line to include -repair at the end. Note: Please make sure -repair is outside of the quotes-- Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -repair-- Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -repair”
Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes. If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 5 again.
Right-click “Guild Wars 2 Repair” and select “Run as Administrator.”

Allow the repair to run and once completed, right-click" “GW2.exe” or your Guild Wars 2 Shortcut and select “Run as Administrator.”

Once completed, please try starting Guild Wars 2 again. Please let us know the results of this test at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

GM Exalted Lord Googly Eyes

This did not resolve the issue first time.

I was then suggested to do the following:

GM Pentatonic (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Hey there,

We’re still trying to see if this is a common issue among other players or isolated, but I have something for you to try out to see if it fixes the issue. The following steps have helped some other players resolve this issue. Can you please try the following and let us know if this fixes your issue also:

Completely close the game
Go to temp folder by going to start/run, type in temp and hit enter
Browse to the folder gw2cache-(guid). Example: “gw2cache-(50641E0B-3AD4-1601-081E-6450D43A0116)”4.. Delete the whole gw2cache folder
Restart the game and see if this resolved your issue making a purchase.

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

GM Pentatonic

After doing this, I did another repair (due to another recent game update) and then cleared the new temp folders (there were 2 in my case).

The Enchanted Armours are now functioning properly.