Kicked from map.....by anet crash helper?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DrBoom.6875

DrBoom.6875

Just playing on auric basin and my screen windowed out and the window saying “sorry the game has crashed” popped up, which is of course common on said map. However my guild wars was actually still on and was not closed, so upon click the game tab again, i was actually still in game! The only difference was that the audio to combat was silenced.
After a minute or two of fighting (and i could still see chat), i decided to close the “sry it crashed” window thinking it was the problem to the audio, however upon closing it, it automatically turned off my game and once again, destroying all participation credit and a meta map.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

This happens often on the 32 bit client.
Are you running the 64 bit client?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Audio seems to run on a different instance from the game, then at times the game crash and you can still hear audio, other times the audio stops and the game keeps running (but in this case it can crash after a while too). Anyhow, if any of them crashes you won’t be able to run the game normally, it’s not safe to keep it running, then that’s why the game closes after closing the Crash Report window, and it doesn’t mean that was the Crash Report that kicked you off, the game is already going to be closed when the Crash Report pops up.

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

This isn’t common, but it’s not too rare either. Happens on both 64 and 32 bit versions (I run 64). My best advice when anything like this happens, just move the box out of the way and continue till you reach a point your fine with restarting.

Personally I’ve had this happen in PvP a few times and it is slightly annoying but I tend to play with no sound anyways so it’s not the worst thing ever.

My assumption is this is just the poorly coded game received some data (or lack thereof) and it thinks the game has crashed. There is no sure way to reproduce this bug that I am aware of, but I can confirm it exists.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

My assumption is this is just the poorly coded game received some data (or lack thereof) and it thinks the game has crashed. There is no sure way to reproduce this bug that I am aware of, but I can confirm it exists.

Well, as I mentioned before the reason for the game continue running when getting a Crash Report window is because the audio runs in a separated thread (like two different processes). What happened there was that audio thread crashed, while the main thread where the game runs was still fine.