Kiel: Direct Support Achievement Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Altaasia.9827

Altaasia.9827

Someone please help, I don’t get the credit for doing Tier 1 for the achievement.

So this is what happens, my group and I went into Kiel’s Candidate Trial and did Tier 4, but we failed a couple times before doing Tier 2. I got the credit for doing Tier 2 and my group does Tier 1 next. We complete it and I noticed that the pop-up doesn’t pop up in the corner telling me that I completed it. I then decided to the Tier 1 solo, thinking that it just bugged once, but when I did it again, I still didn’t credit for Tier 1. I have credit for Tier 2, but not Tier 1 after doing it several times. I went into the right instance and I have the Support Kiel Buff, but Tier 1 doesn’t give me credit for some reason.

Does anyone have the same problem?

EDIT: I did what ExTribble said and did Tier 2 again and got the achievement.

(edited by Altaasia.9827)

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Same issue here but with Evon. Did the Candidate Trials for Kiel first, 1+2. Did tier 2 for Evon first. Then did tier 1&2 multiple times with no progression. It seems if you do it out of order it bugs out :/

Edited to add: Resetting the instance doesn’t help either. I just finished resetting the instance and redoing tier 1 then 2 with Evon and I’m still at 1/2 for the achievement.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

(edited by ExTribble.7108)

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

(I know, double post/bumping early, but good update to the topic)

If anyone is still having this problem, re-log completely and do tier 2 again. It wouldn’t update last night, but first attempt this morning doing tier 2 (solo) again counted for the achievement. It may be a bit odd, but at least you can get it completed.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: RedRhino.4281

RedRhino.4281

I did the first two stages for Evon, then switched to the Ellen ones. I have no idea how to tell which tier I’m on. I’ve selected “up” and “down” and have done it 12 times now and still only 1/2 on the Kiel: Direct Support achievement.

I give up on this untested, quick-release content.

(edited by RedRhino.4281)

Posted by: Moxitus.6180

Moxitus.6180

Same problem here.

My guild took me along to do Gnash’s Tier 2 (my first attempt at the trials) and finished it. Got 1/2 achievement. I then tried to downgrade it to get Tier 1 solo after, but it wouldn’t give me the achievement. Did it twice; both times not dying, both times not a single bag was stolen. The panel still says 1/2.

A word from ANET would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

You need to complete T1 first, then T2 in order to get the achievement. And it Needs to be in the same candidate, and i this exact order.
You can’t do T1 from Evon then T2 From Kiel, neither T2 then T1 from the same candidate. Needs To be T1 from Evon and then T2 from evon, OR T1 Kiel then T2 kiel.

The buff doesn’t need to be active for the achievement to count (direct support).

For more info, check dulfy’s website:
http://dulfy.net/2013/07/23/gw2-cutthroat-politics-achievement-guide/

(edited by brunobyof.3541)

Posted by: illogic.2910

illogic.2910

I am also experiencing this bug. I started Kiel’s on tier 2 thinking I could get the whole achievement. I completed the other trial first. Now I cannot complete Tier 1. Also, when I join the instance, it automatically assumes Im on Tier 2. Not sure if this is an issue or not, it may just select the highest youve completed. It is clear, however, when I am doing Tier 1, due to the quest info in the top right.

Posted by: RedRhino.4281

RedRhino.4281

It appears that this was fixed (sort of) with the last patch. Now there is an option to “take it down a couple notches,” but it is still wonky when “going up a notch.”

I needed T2 so I started at T1. After completing T1, I “took it up a notch” which resulted in a T4. I exited then brought it “down a couple notches” which should put me right at T2 right? Nope. Back to T1. So this time I completed T1 again and selected “let’s do it again.” Now it put me at T3. /sigh

I think I exited at this point and came back into the instance selecting “take it down a notch.” This finally started a T2, which after completing, gave me the achievement.

Confusing? Yep. At least, it is done now. Why they didn’t just allow the option to specifically select any tier, I do not know.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

That whole dialogue is awful.

The NPC should just note what level you’re at and offer you the individual levels.

I totally get that the choices as-presented are more in-character and potentially fun, but I believe in this case eliminating potential confusion for folks to deliver a more usable and easily-understood UI should win out. Perhaps just put in parenthesis next to the choices to more easily reveal which will take a player to what tier.

Once you read through it and reason it out, it’s straightforward. But it needn’t have been so clunky to begin with.

Posted by: Imperium.9056

Imperium.9056

still have this issue for the last two days.

I have finished the Evon Tier 1-4

Then went onto Ellen side for that achievements, it started at Tier2
automatically, and it wont go to Tier 1, i’ve tried everything, from leaving
the instance, going up a few notches, going down, it either goes to Tier3
or back down towards 2, but never 1.

I have credit for Tier 2 on Ellen, but not Tier 1, so i cannot advance to 3,
this is all very confusing.

also, i would like to know how you are aware of what side you are doing
the candidates on with these Tiers, ive heard you dont need the buffs,
ive tested this out, hasn’t solved the issue either way. any ideas?

(edited by Imperium.9056)

Imperium.9056

still bugged for me, day 3

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You must start from tier 1 and work your way to tier 4 with both candidate separately. The top-most option will always be the highest tier. If you want tier 1 then select the bottom option.

Imperium.9056

You must start from tier 1 and work your way to tier 4 with both candidate separately. The top-most option will always be the highest tier. If you want tier 1 then select the bottom option.

i guess you didn’t read my post above, its not letting me even get to Tier 1

After i cleared Evon 1-4

I went back in, and it keeps starting at Tier 2, no matter what i do,
I did get credit for tier 2 Ellen, not 1, and 3/4 are still locked.

so it either starts at tier 2, or 3, and it never goes back down to tier 1.
ive tried everything, down a few notches, down a setting, nothing.
but i do have the achievement for tier 2, not 1,

I have also tried to re-do Tier 2 & 3 several times, and no reward,
so either im still re-doing the Evon side, but since i cannot tell when
you enter the instance which side you are working on, its frustrating.

Posted by: TrojanBallz.2359

TrojanBallz.2359

Selecting the bottom option, it does not bring you down to tier 1. I have tried this multiple times to no avail. It will only go down to tier 2.

I did the tier 1-4 (in order) for Evon and It is completed, however now when I go to Kiel to do all 4 tiers, it will only let me go down to tier 2. It will not go any lower no matter which option I choose.

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I am having the same problem with Gnash.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Gnashblade-Advanced-Support-Achieve-bugged/first#post2495112

Says I have to complete tiers 3 and 4 of Gnash and says I am 1/2 Tier 2 but I just did 1-4 in order again and the achievement won’t complete.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Ayrilana.1396

Well it works for me so there’s likely a bug that’s caused by doing something specifically.

Ayrilana.1396

Can those having issues post a screenshot of the dialogue options?