"Killing the Ancient Karka" Game Crash

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Alex.2834

Alex.2834

I was on the last part of the event, after doing it for like 3 hours almost, and my game crashed, as well as a lot of other people. This means I got no chest and am not able to get it…

Posted by: alcuin.1257

alcuin.1257

Yes I came back into an overflow where it was already completed. What a horrible waste of time. I don’t see myself participating in one of these things again. I love the overflow I joined. Bunch of other people in there that the same thing happened to them all standing dejectedly staring at the dead Ancient Karka in disbelief.

Posted by: Inferno.2491

Inferno.2491

Agree. Please, everyone complain to Arena Net about it. This event was terribly made

Posted by: Yuvous.5378

Yuvous.5378

read the “Lost Shores Event Is Bugged” chat, we had the same problems. had to wake up at 7am for this event as well.

Posted by: FaLLiN.4806

FaLLiN.4806

mine crashed when i was looting the chest and i didnt get anything

Posted by: MOOMANiBE.2638

MOOMANiBE.2638

Just posting here that I had this issue and got nothing after 2.5 hours as a result.

Posted by: AmusingMoniker.3560

AmusingMoniker.3560

I didn’t even get a proper crash notice. My screen froze at a Waypoint loading screen (had to waypoint to Captains’ rEtreat for a res when the Ancient was halfway) and I gave up on it 5mins later (alt f4), logged back in with out a hitch…to a server that had completed it so I got no xp/karma/silver or the chest. So disappointed.

Posted by: Xiomaraze.8347

Xiomaraze.8347

I just had the same problem, after 2.5 hours my game crashed, and my friend who was in the overflow I was in saw the event end without me and I still can’t even log in.

Posted by: Dar.9640

Dar.9640

Same for me I’ve been playing since the event started, crashed several times, I was at a different area everytime I logged back in. Finally made it to the end, and game crashed, logged back in, chest was there, but could’nt loot it, What a huge waste of time, not enjoyable at all.

Posted by: Deadly Delilah.7915

Deadly Delilah.7915

It took hours to finish the event and I worked hard at it and died right before the end and the chest spawned but I had to teleport back to waypoint and nobody was around to help me so I never made it back to the chest in time to get it. You really need to keep the chest there longer. Was really dissapointed I wasted my time on this event and got jipped out of the reward when it took that long to do.

Posted by: madman.7150

madman.7150

i was fighting karka and died on the battle field tried waypoint and ended up with endless loading screen so i shut down the game client frustrated and started again to find myself at the earier stage of fight i joined and continued took me about twice as long as normal run would ve i got to the end drove the karka boss to the bottom to finish the fight then i got disconnected. tried to join my friend but server was full i found dead ancient karka where fight was happening. how could this happen its like sketch from a comedy show i am slowing but surly losing my faith in arena net. and i am sad

Posted by: IsisDenile.8143

IsisDenile.8143

I was also kicked out during the final event, towards the end of it, after horrible lag for many of the pre-events. And I missed the chest. Although I am not normally one to react to such things, I feel quite hostile about this and hope that Anet “makes it right”. Otherwise, I think I will have to seriously consider whether this game is really worth the time investment.

Posted by: Iambic Pandameter.3728

Iambic Pandameter.3728

Same thing happened here. Last part of the 3-hour event, screen froze in the middle and I had to relog. When I got back in, I was in a different overflow server that had already finished. Been swapping servers for a good 30 minutes now, each one has it done.

Posted by: Loppsided.4897

Loppsided.4897

Same. Killed the ancient karka, and my game crashed during the final cutscene. Logged back in and no reward.

Posted by: Daman.7051

Daman.7051

Same old story running the event… Crash, no chest. The whole event just never seemed to work right first the bug with noll and then this. Hours wasted and no closure… and no loot :c.

Posted by: Chief River.4902

Chief River.4902

< same here. really frustrated.

Posted by: TakaSora.6942

TakaSora.6942

We were pushing it Ancient Karka back to the place with the asura lazer for the final assault, and were almost there (after the rockslide) when I was kicked. I didn’t even get to do the epic final battle or get any of the nice chest loot everyone was talking about when I came back on.
That was after about three hours of playing the event!

Posted by: AndrewR.1508

AndrewR.1508

I had the same problem, game crashed, lost all progress. That was a complete waste of time and a let down….

Posted by: Kaii.5149

Kaii.5149

This same thing happened to me. I was given some ridiculous incorrect password error. Right at the very end.

When I got back in, it put me into a different overflow where it was already done, wouldn’t let me back with my guild party, and now it’s all over.

The Owl ~ Wings of Eclipse [WOE] ~ Tarnished Coast
Join Operation: UNION [XIII]

Posted by: hgkmaxymus.9321

hgkmaxymus.9321

Same. Crashed and no XP/KARMA/CHEST.

This is MADNESS!!!

Posted by: Plutokiss.4618

Plutokiss.4618

same here. so upset.

Posted by: Holyneo.4268

Holyneo.4268

Same thing happen, client shutdown(crashed), received nothing but disappointment

Posted by: Fate.7321

Fate.7321

I too had a crash. I took off work early on Friday to start this. Made sure I was there for the start of the events all three days. Then I die toward the end of the event. Go to a waypoint and the splash screen never goes away. Just that little circle thing spinning in the bottom right corner. To say I’m mad is a big understatement.

From the bad lag and bugged events on Friday and Saturday to not gettin the reward. I have a really bad tasted in my mouth for ANET right now. So the question I have for ANET is what are you guys going to do to make it right? Or is it just oops sorry.

(edited by Fate.7321)

Posted by: FERANIER.1807

FERANIER.1807

I am so mad! same thing happened to me! no oot! so many hours working for it! Very disappointed!

Posted by: Soreena.1492

Soreena.1492

Same here… Crash as boss died, no loot. I submitted a bug with a screen shot… like that will help. I am done with GW 2 if this in not addressed.

Posted by: bloodmage.1465

bloodmage.1465

HI guys. I just want to add that the same thing happened to me. I played the entire event TWICE. I started at 12:30. I submitted a ticket in game and on the website and am now responding to this thread. I will be sorely diappointed if we are not credited loot in game for our participation in this event. Lag aside I thought Anet did a fantastic job and look forward to future events as well. I’m sure whatever they do next they will improve on what could’ve went better with The Lost Shores. But again. For me bugs and lag aside. Nice job Anet. I did have a very good time.

(edited by bloodmage.1465)

Posted by: Agnars.8054

Agnars.8054

Me too….2 hrs played, crashed out, couldn’t log back in. My wife, on the PC next to me, completed the event. I got to see the cutscene on her PC, which was cool, but kind of annoyed about all the effort, over the whole weekend, to be the victim of a server crash and get no reward.

Posted by: FERANIER.1807

FERANIER.1807

how do I submit a ticket for it???

Posted by: keekee.7423

keekee.7423

i exeperienced the same issue, i was kicked near end and joined a different overflow that was already completed, the event ws very time consuming and i didnt get to complete or get chest, really frustrating

Posted by: darkyn.6201

darkyn.6201

Ok same problem here… When I see to number of ppl who get their precursor, It turns me crazy !

Posted by: ahokey.9047

ahokey.9047

I too played the event for 3 hours crash and missed only the last stage and got no chest or reward as well as not getting any notification that the event had progressed. A waste of my time and entirely upset.

Posted by: Endimyon.1354

Endimyon.1354

Same problem here. crashed like 5 or 6 times (every time i use to revive at waypoint) i end up in diferent servers every times and at the end i end up into a server that the event was finished. i mean i played like 3 hours for what???
On top of it the last crash i was not able even to log back in game at all.
realy i hope something it will be done about this it not acceptable.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Same two hours+ wasted because of disconnect,loggin server down missed out on chest.

Tbh it would be nice if anet put the chest back up and only the ppl who did not loot it could loot it.
I know some ppl who didn’t even do the event gets to loot it,but it’s still better than us missing out.
Make it so only one account can loot it so ppl don’t log in with other chars.

Posted by: Archone.7452

Archone.7452

I spent almost three hours today participating in the Karka event with my guild. I died repeatedly, helped out the… dozens, at least, possibly a hundred or more players in our particular overflow (so many people were on that there was a real problem with invisible objects). During the final battle with the… end boss (trying not to give spoilers), GW2 crashed for the third time today… and I could not log in for a half hour. My guild mates were able to obtain the really REALLY awesome items. I did not. I finally logged back in and found I had died again… so I had to spend more silver to port to a waypoint.

I’m starting a new topic for this because A: someone was being a little disruptive and I want to focus on the important thing, which is B: I simply would like to have the quest rewards. I never got to open that chest. I wanted to open that chest. My guild leader even got a precursor weapon. Is there going to be any compensation for people who went through all that effort and expense? My guild leader is KrystalTears.3520, if someone needs verification that I was there, and all.

(Please, no adding replies if you’re going to complain and rant about playing another game. The developers worked hard to make an awesome event. It was so awesome that their servers had trouble dealing with all the people jumping on. Please only add a reply if you’re going to say “thank you for the hard work, but I had the same problem and I’d like my awesome quest rewards as well.”)

Posted by: incaman.1456

incaman.1456

Hehe… Welcome to the club, at least you are not alone on that.

Posted by: Dammski.1750

Dammski.1750

im in the same position wasted my time for nothin because the servers couldnt cope, DC’d and got nothing. its this sort of thing that makers people quit these games.

Posted by: Mat Garrett.9326

Mat Garrett.9326

I have been searching the website in order to write to someone with the same issue…over the past 3 days have spent hours on the “special once in a lifetime event” only to be repeatedly kicked, lagged out and unable to finish a single thing. I couldn’t finish day 1 because canach was bugged, was unable to do day two’s “takin Lions arch back”. Day 3 saw me spend 3 hours on final event, die, rez at a wp but for over an hour i was unable to connect. When I finally got on, message stated Kraka defeated. No rewards, no bonus, no status. I am extremely disappointed.
Mat Garrett.9326

Posted by: Persephone.3845

Persephone.3845

im in the same position wasted my time for nothin because the servers couldnt cope, DC’d and got nothing. its this sort of thing that makers people quit these games.

+1, same happened to me. So annoyed at having my time completely wasted.

I loved Guild Wars 1, I have a great group of friends that I play with but actually so annoyed with all the bugs and failures in this event that for the first time, I am seriously considering shelving this game completely.

Posted by: Lionaeron.5724

Lionaeron.5724

I’m done, because the one time i didn’t bother doing a one time event at 3am in the morning i didn’t obtain grandiose amounts of loot, feels great people gloating about getting precursors and one time skins when all they had to do was endure 3 hours of lag Vs 3+ months of grind, AAnet can go kiss my kitten feel free to perma ban me i won’t be back to your money grabbing shallow kitten game. BTW path 2 from AC is still bugged, i’m glad you released this game ‘when it was ready’. now leaving Bugwars 2.

Zerg>Skill.

Posted by: Necrid.6247

Necrid.6247

Hi,

thank you for giving this content and big event for us.
I´ve enjoyed the big event from the beginning untill the last minute – when i got disconnected. I restarted and everything was already done, no chest, no rewards just people posting their great loot.
I have the trust that you understand our frustration, and hope you find a way to still reward all the participating players, that didn´t get the chance to open the chest.

Best wishes

UPDATE (4 hours later)

someone posted in LA that an overflow server was still running the event and they needed people – of course i joined for another 2.5 hours event – and this time i GOT the reward. I am really happy now, and it is really late^^. Thanks all

(edited by Necrid.6247)

Posted by: YouMayCry.2935

YouMayCry.2935

Hello! I thought i was alone ! xD at the end, after two hours and a half we were at the point of killing the ancient karka (after several crash and disconnection) the game crashed again! i was unable to reconnect! after 2 minutes i could reconnect but i lost the event( i was spawned into the magma -.- without money to went into a waypoint… i would like to thanks the holy man that rescured me! ) It’s annoying i love this game and this event was amazing but it would be great if i could have obtained my rewards.
I hope they will find a solution… at the end it was the first mondial and unic event no ? (after Halloween ).
Sorry for my english, i’m italian.

Posted by: Infinitive.7251

Infinitive.7251

I just couldn’t resist popping in here.

I am someone who loves this game. I’ve had a LOT of fun, and have sold it to several friends, who also really enjoy it. The fractals can be a bit frustrating (given client crashes and the general inability of folks to get back into the run thereafter), but are really cool all the same. Content, grouping, Halloween, the whole nine yards—ANet gets an A+ from me for basically every aspect of this game.

Except the Ancient Karka event. Words cannot describe my frustration at this event. The grind in the hive was tough, but okay. The Rich Ori node at the top was a very classy touch. When we had to chase down that Ancient Karka, though… good god, was that obnoxious. The reinforcements were outrageous, both in terms of their toughness and the sheer volume which was required for progress. Two phases of this remarkably dull, uninteresting grindfest—a grindfest which, by the way, resulted in almost no loot drops, despite a solid amount of +MF—is simply beyond the pale. I worked on it for two and a half hours before I got a client crash, and upon re-entering the game only about 45 seconds after crashing, I was apparently dumped into an overflow server where the event was done.

No chance to claim partial credit for my (considerable) work.
No chance to finish.
No second chances.

GW2 is free to play, and I appreciate that, but this degree of poor planning is simply unprofessional. I expected better of ANet.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Check the Lost Shores forum or the dev digest – there are multiple threads about this – Gaile has said they will work on getting this out to people. Submit a ticket via support.guildwars2.com

(edited by Rajani Isa.6294)

Posted by: Chrysanthemum.5167

Chrysanthemum.5167

First time I have complained, but I am really peeved about this event. I have had similar problems to the others.

First I had trouble getting the first 2 days events done due to bugs/glitches.

Second I got disconnected during fractal dungeon quest and couldn’t get the chest that others on the team got.
Third, I couldn’t log in today to do the final event, so had no opportunity to do the battle and get the reward.

Frankly, I feel my time was wasted for the last three days.

I really appreciate that ANet adds the extra content, and I am not too fussed by the odd bug, but really, there needs to be some consideration given to the cumulative impact of the bugs/disconnects/login blocks on players when there are one-time only events and rewards.

Posted by: Jerovix.4581

Jerovix.4581

I tryed doing the phase 3 event for about 1 to 1 1/2 hour but got disconnected from server 4 times before getting frustrated. I didn’t even get the opportunity to be in the final final battle – the whole time I was participating was extremely LAGGY.

Posted by: Arey.3492

Arey.3492

I Guess i’ll throw my name on the list, I was with at the very end as well and game crashed. I was so pissed i didnt Log in all day after that. Im just wondering IF I will get my reward?

Posted by: Vanhoe.9572

Vanhoe.9572

I think it should be made to happen again on another date at another time, for people who couldn’t make it the first time.

I had a major exam that morning, and the event occurred 4am our time. I couldn’t make it, and I feel pretty bad that everyone got such a big chance at precursor / lots of nice exotics and bags, when I didn’t. Just because it only happened once. That’s life I guess..

Posted by: Kayla.6470

Kayla.6470

I had the same thing happen to me….game crash, no chest. I know they are working on the fix, but I hope I do not have to perform the entire event over, multiple hours of killing for a chest.

Posted by: deathtide.8492

deathtide.8492

I just did the repeat event as I was working at 2 cst when the event started here. I went through 3 hours of the event to fall through the hole twice and run back from pride point waypoint. and as soon as I get back to the chest, it disappears and I get no loot. What a waste of 3 hours. :\ How unfair. :\ It didn’t even take me that long to run back twice.

Posted by: Cyrus.1327

Cyrus.1327

Same happened for my event playthrough,
about 1.5 to 2hrs in the game suddenly crashed, but I was on a team of four players.
All of my squad had the same experience.
We were all in a new overflow area in which the event finished.

I would like to know how to get back into the event with my squad so we can finish,
Or otherwise get another chance to see the event.

Otherwise,
Amazing game,
Enjoying it a lot.

Sincerely,
Cyrus